Postal rates are insaaane!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mookeylama

Super Freak
Reaction score
when the hell did USPS rates get stupid? not long ago i could send an average boxed 12" fig for around $13-16 Priority in da US. it's more than twice that now.

and it was usually a no-brainer to go Priority because it was only a very small amount more than Parcel. the clerks would say "might as well spend the extra 50 cents and get it there faster". made sense. now Parcel is about half Priority. WHA' HAPPEN

They have been incrementally jacking up prices, but a new Priority Mail system was set up a year or two ago where now you pay regional rates. If someone lives in your region, you pay around the same for Priority and Parcel post. If someone lives outside your region, the Priority rate prices are ridiculous. Sadly, I don't ship Priority to many folks who live further away because it can get to be $40+ for a Hot Toys figure--prices that used to be reserved for international shipments or heavy statues.

Any time I ship anything they are still better then UPS or Fedex.

Why the increase? They have to pay the employees, they get no federal funding, and really have less $ coming in with the digital age.

I had to pay $70 to post an Easy Bake to Australia while I was in America. I thought that was pretty gay. I know it has a looong way to go, but the box weighed crap all...

What's that thing there, if it fits in the box it ships for a flat rate within the US? That's pretty cool, so long as what you wanna post fits in said box o_o

I had to pay $70 to post an Easy Bake to Australia while I was in America. I thought that was pretty gay. I know it has a looong way to go, but the box weighed crap all...

What's that thing there, if it fits in the box it ships for a flat rate within the US? That's pretty cool, so long as what you wanna post fits in said box o_o

the box also has to remain flat.

Postal rates suck, workers, suck, etc. One day they will all be replaced by the Automated Postal Machine.

the box also has to remain flat.

Postal rates suck, workers, suck, etc. One day they will all be replaced by the Automated Postal Machine.

LOL I doubt it , half of the people probably can't even how to start using it. I have seen it take longer to wait in line behind 1 person to use that then it takes to stand inline of ten people to go to the windows.

They have to pay the employees, they get no federal funding, and really have less $ coming in with the digital age.
Well, they've been running a huge budget deficit for the last several years necessitating the use of federal tax dollars. But the price increases are one part of a strategy to avoid having to do this in the future.

Hopefully it's to also help pay for a better tracking system for the packages.

When I saw the thread title I was going to suggest "Forever Stamps". :lol

And yeah.. has nothing to do with what you're talking about.

when the hell did USPS rates get stupid? not long ago i could send an average boxed 12" fig for around $13-16 Priority in da US. it's more than twice that now.

and it was usually a no-brainer to go Priority because it was only a very small amount more than Parcel. the clerks would say "might as well spend the extra 50 cents and get it there faster". made sense. now Parcel is about half Priority. WHA' HAPPEN

Actually, Parcel Post used to be about half of Priority, then it changed with eBay. Now it's changing back. I always go for the cheapest way because 9 times out of 10, it will get there just as fast. And they don't take any more care with Priority. They throw them both around equally.

Those are flat rate boxes. As long as it fits in the box, it will ship for that price. You have to be careful with those when you send something that doesn't weigh much.

LOL I doubt it , half of the people probably can't even how to start using it. I have seen it take longer to wait in line behind 1 person to use that then it takes to stand inline of ten people to go to the windows.

Where I live, most of the people who go to the counter are older than 40 yrs old or have to do international shipping... or their just too stupid to use the APC. I use the machine most of the time.

Not sure what you guys are talking about. I sent a figure across the country last week and it was still just around $13. :dunno

Complain all you like, but UPS and Fed Ex don't move over the weekend. I sent a Priority package on a Saturday (literally handed it to my mail man around 3PM my time) and it arrived Monday morning. It still would have been here if I had used UPS instead of at its new home.

Plus you can't beat sending a small item first class for $2 or less have it it there in 2-3 days.

So complain all you want, but they still kick the crap out of UPS and Fed Ex on most things. Sending giant things like PFs and 1:1 busts, sure UPS has them beat there, but the post office just isn't set up to handle giant packages. They're primarily letters with a few packages worked in. UPS/Fed Ex are pretty much JUST packages which is why they can do larger items cheaper.

Not sure what you guys are talking about. I sent a figure across the country last week and it was still just around $13. :dunno
Well, it depends on what you're shipping of course. If you send something light or small, it will be less. I print out my labels online, and always check Priority Mail prices first before printing out my label. Parcel Post is about half the price in many cases.

I do to, but for me, 99.9% of the time parcel is cheaper by only a few cents, a dollar at most. 2-3 days beats a week+ for a fist full of change any day of the week.

Problem with Parcel Post is they don't give a ____ about those packages. I sent some boxes via PP when I was moving and when I received them boxes were dented and torn...etc.

Never had that issue when using fate rate boxes or priority.

I do to, but for me, 99.9% of the time parcel is cheaper by only a few cents, a dollar at most. 2-3 days beats a week+ for a fist full of change any day of the week.

that's what i was talking about. ^ seems like it used to be like that a few months ago, but stuff i send recently, Parcel is about half of Priority. recently i'm getting the same as Karamazov80. freakin $40 to send an HT 12" to Utah, Florida or some such. or $17 for Parcel. hell i usually only saw $40 type rates if sending International! not a few states over

Twice as much?

I just shipped a sideshow figure in the original mailer priority mail for $11 from OK to WA.

Back