Post Your Predator / Alien Collection /_\ .'.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the Palisades warrior is incredible. Their Big Chap apparently isn't as good, but its still on my 'to buy' list.

The Palisades Alien Warrior is a really great statue and still one of my favorites after all these years. The sculpt is detailed, the pose is dynamic and the paint is nice. The Palisades Big Chap Alien was, apparently, done by a different sculptor and is a whole different story. The sculpt is course with little detail, the feet are bulbous for some reason and the pose is very awkward (the thing looks like he's drunk or something:(). If I remember correctly, it also has a white patch on one of it's knees for some reason:dunno It might have been ok for the time, but not up to today's standards, in my opinion.

When big chap and warrior were in their childhood.
DSC01952_A_zpsehqmufxk.jpg
DSC01954_A_zpsldcqa9ex.jpg
DSC0196_a_zpszeyqzuxc.jpg
DSC01957_A_zpsspwhizbx.jpg
DSC01961_A_zpsarloeprr.jpg

My Nostromo addiction continues...

I still haven't painted the new pedestal, but I did get the inner shelf and electrical done. And to top it off --no pun intended-- my new grail is finally here.

1:1 Nostromo Emergency Helmet - Alien 1979
w/ custom stand

To complete the display, I'm also working on two screen accurate Nostromo cockpit fire extinguishers, and a screen accurate white emergency axe. If anyone is interested, one of the fire extinguishers will be up for sale when complete.

More here:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109557&p=8830042&viewfull=1#post8830042

My Nostromo addiction continues...

I still haven't painted the new pedestal, but I did get the inner shelf and electrical done. And to top it off --no pun intended-- my new grail is finally here.

1:1 Nostromo Emergency Helmet - Alien 1979
w/ custom stand

To complete the display, I'm also working on two screen accurate Nostromo cockpit fire extinguishers, and a screen accurate white emergency axe. If anyone is interested, one of the fire extinguishers will be up for sale when complete.

More here:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109557&p=8830042&viewfull=1#post8830042

as always... amazing

I don't post my stuff often but with SS' new massively overpriced bust coming I'd figure I'd share my new wolf as it didn't cost too much more (and it's one 1:1). (edit: actually it's a fair bit more, but less than double :p)

Sorry for crap pics, I am a terrible photographer and just using my camera phone :(

28s4TlI.jpg

kiTd89j.jpg

The paint job makes it looks like those recast ones I have seen from China. But your one seems to be an original sculpt though.
Impressive anyway!

The paint job makes it looks like those recast ones I have seen from China. But your one seems to be an original sculpt though.
Impressive anyway!

It is an original sculpt, and a very nice paint job done by someone in the UK (kits from the uk too) ;p

The wound is a bit more colored than you would see on the studio prop as it was a lot more muted. also it looks a lot more glossy than it really is in my photos, my camera seems to be doing it (some sort of flash without flash? not sure why :p No photographer as I said.

It is not akin to SS' if that's what you're looking for though as theirs was pretty far off. They didn't bring the mouth down far enough instead leaving it like their p1, they made the wounded side of the mouth VERY dark when really it was quite light and the mouth color is also too light. they also miniaturized his dreads a little for some reason and did that weird thing with dreads they seem to have a fetish about where it comes out at 45 degree angle then starts angling down instead of just coming down angled almost all downwards.

To give you an idea of how crappy my photography is here is a pic of it someone else took :p (though it also makes the mouth look kinda purple which it isn't :p)

hAiW2cQ.jpg

Picked up this dog alien a few weeks back , Really huge piece. Iv been told its by Bruce Hansing but im not overly sure to be honest.

Picked up this dog alien a few weeks back , Really huge piece. Iv been told its by Bruce Hansing but im not overly sure to be honest.

OMG, this bust looks beautiful! Stunning details!
I remeber seen one or two photo of this one, but I don't know who made them.
I would love to see a few close-up shots please.

OMG, this bust looks beautiful! Stunning details!
I remeber seen one or two photo of this one, but I don't know who made them.
I would love to see a few close-up shots please.

Im pretty sure it was Bruce Hansing who offered these. Yea its has some really great detail. Il try and get some closer pics of him. going to get the teeth repainted.

Im pretty sure it was Bruce Hansing who offered these. Yea its has some really great detail. Il try and get some closer pics of him. going to get the teeth repainted.

While you're at it, get close ups of the teeth before you get them repainted. Very nice and detailed piece. Thanks for sharing!

This dog alien head is not made by Bruce Hansing. It is from the assistant of H.R.Giger. I think 10-20 pieces were made.

I sold mine some time ago.

image.jpg

Back