Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anybody collect 1:1 Helmets?

My collection for 2011 you can see all my helmets there:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-fh2q9U0O8[/ame]

The TIE Fighter Pilot armor/bust that is now on that chair will be displayed in a special custom made cabinet/curio, which will be in the same spot when ready. It will be displayed together with the eFX TIE Fighter studio scale, but I'm waiting for approximate dimensions of the eFX TIE Fighter, to be sure the cabinet will be made properly.

For those asking about the helmets here they are: the life-size Stormtrooper has the SDS Hero helmet on. As you enter the main collection room in the left there are the following helmets: SDS Navy Trooper helmet (aka Death Star Trooper), SDS Imperial Gunner, Royal Guard, 2 AT-AT Driver helmets (both in gray color as the originals were - see StarWarsHelmets site - the first one I got from PRF, the second is made by DarkAgent) and finally FarAwayCreations AT-ST Driver helmet (very similar to General Veers' Hoth helmet he had on the AT-AT).

On the right side of the room there are the following helmets: as you enter the room there is a TE2 Sandtrooper lid made by the talented Madrid Boba from RPF, then it follows the SDS Stormtrooper Stunt, TE2 Stormtrooper, SiMan Stormie, ESB ATA Stormtrooper helmet and the last of the TK's is CfO (Cast from Original) ROTJ bucket. Then there is the Kropserkel Scout helmet and the FarAwayCreations Snowtrooper. As you can see, in a way, I had the left part of the room dedicated to officers and special ops, and the right side to the white regular troops/grunts.

There are a few other items that are on pre-order and which didn't arrive yet. When they do there will be a new video, since there will be a couple changes on some of the shelves. Until then please enjoy this video. Thanks

A few shots of my helmet collection, for those not interested in watching the youtube video:

collectiondisplay046.jpg

collectiondisplay050.jpg

collectiondisplay051.jpg

collectiondisplay058.jpg

collectiondisplay060.jpg

sdstiefighterhelmetarmo.jpg

Fantastic collection and display.

Do you have any problem dusting your helmet collection and cleaning your aircon?

Fantastic collection and display.

Do you have any problem dusting your helmet collection and cleaning your aircon?

Thanks. I have 2 air ionizers in that room and the air is very clean. The helmets are also quite easy to dust compared to a statue for example. I even got Novus polish to help if necessary, but till now there was no need.

I used to have a few helmets... Spec Ops, Dirty 501st, Fett.. but I ended up only keeping my MR Black Hole Trooper Helmet. I really like SideShows 1:1 line and figured Id rather have the helmet and shoulders than just a bucket. Im not gonna ever wear them around so I thought of the display and how a bust look would be better than just a helmet on a little pole... am I making sense?

Make sense to me Tweekem. To each his own.

I prefer the helmets, but the 1:1 scale busts are sweet too.

Make sense to me Tweekem. To each his own.

I prefer the helmets, but the 1:1 scale busts are sweet too.

I also prefer the helmets, but this to a simple reason: the SS is not known for accuracy. They might make a cool clone but that is an easy one. When they made Vader or Fett, there goes the accuracy out the window. Of course, both Fett and Vader are awesome and impressive, but still not too accurate. When SS will make a Stormtrooper will see an over sized 1:6 inaccurate sculpt alas.

For example I already have the SDS 1:1 TIE Pilot bust which is as impressive as the SS Vader bust, but more accurate, and besides that, if you really want, you can also wear it. In fact to have a 1:1 TIE Pilot I only need a pair of boots and a flight-suit, both easy to obtain, everything else: leather gloves, wrist comlink (electronic), Imperial Code Cylinders (real radiation dosimeters), patches, leather belt with metal buckle (everything accurate and 501st approved) I already have.

Thus when SS will make more accurate Imperial busts I'll be the first to buy them. ;) Till then Vader is the only one I need.

jkno do u think u have enough stormie helms?

heres a rex i been working on just for kicks, hybrid of the practical and animated..still need to weather the range finder add some rubber trim and get a stand
DSC02322.jpg

DSC02325.jpg

DSC02328.jpg

jkno, you're collection is any SW fans dream. Can't stop staring at all your great stuff.

and nice Rex helmet so far, toomanyfigs. I've been wanting one for almost 2 years now but it's tough finding somebody to commission one. Although I think I've finally found someone yesterday. *fingers crossed*

great looking fwd to seeing that, theres a guy on the dented helmet that did a whole rex outfit his helmet is amazing but he wasnt doing commission so i went my own way lol

great looking fwd to seeing that, theres a guy on the dented helmet that did a whole rex outfit his helmet is amazing but he wasnt doing commission so i went my own way lol

Yeah, I'm familiar with Stormtrooper Guy. He has about 20 different clone suits but told me he doesn't do commissions but I eventually found someone else and I should have one one about a week, along with a Cody I've been waiting for since I commissioned almost 2 years now:lol

Yeah, I'm familiar with Stormtrooper Guy. He has about 20 different clone suits but told me he doesn't do commissions but I eventually found someone else and I should have one one about a week, along with a Cody I've been waiting for since I commissioned almost 2 years now:lol

i love the cody, especially the deco

Bet I can guess who that is...:rotfl

Kropserkel Scout Trooper helmet, a very cool bucket, 501st approved - ordered loooong ago, only yesterday arrived:

kropserkelscouttrooperh.jpg

Wow yours looks pretty good, I ordered one fromthem a while back and sent it back to them - shockingly it was a total piece of cr@p. Really poor assembly and craftmanship. It looked and felt like something a five year slapped together. The paint wasn't even dry on the front piece when they packed it - there were drips and it was stuck to the packaging. Horribly disappointing after waiting what felt like forever. I was so surprised after seeing all the work on their website.

Back