Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anybody collect 1:1 Helmets?

I've wanted a biker's scout helmet so bad for so long and this was the best news I've heard all week when Bryan from Efx hinted at what they had in store next:clap

Legend-Pattern-1.jpg

Wow yours looks pretty good, I ordered one fromthem a while back and sent it back to them - shockingly it was a total piece of cr@p. Really poor assembly and craftmanship. It looked and felt like something a five year slapped together. The paint wasn't even dry on the front piece when they packed it - there were drips and it was stuck to the packaging. Horribly disappointing after waiting what felt like forever. I was so surprised after seeing all the work on their website.

You were not the first that happened to alas. I clearly stated in my message to them I need a perfect pull, I showed them some problems with the KS lids on 501st forums and they delivered what you see, a perfect Scout helmet. :) I might need to upgrade the snout (the original was a Tamyia part) and a couple decals but for now it will stay as is until eFX releases their Scout

I've wanted a biker's scout helmet so bad for so long and this was the best news I've heard all week when Bryan from Efx hinted at what they had in store next:clap

Legend-Pattern-1.jpg

I will be getting this too, but waiting will be looooong. I hope people used to old fiberglass MR helmets will get used to the new Legend line where the troopers are made like the original helmets from ABS (and maybe HDPE and styrene if eFX will make Stunt Stormies)

You were not the first that happened to alas. I clearly stated in my message to them I need a perfect pull, I showed them some problems with the KS lids on 501st forums and they delivered what you see, a perfect Scout helmet. :) I might need to upgrade the snout (the original was a Tamyia part) and a couple decals but for now it will stay as is until eFX releases their Scout

I will be getting this too, but waiting will be looooong. I hope people used to old fiberglass MR helmets will get used to the new Legend line where the troopers are made like the original helmets from ABS (and maybe HDPE and styrene if eFX will make Stunt Stormies)

I hope they offer a Fiberglass version, I can handle ABS as well.

Doesn't matter to me what material they make it in, as long as it's accurate.

I still have my Don Post Biker Scout helmet. Still a nice one.

Bryan didn't tell if they'll be making a fiberglass version. But it seems there are some people requesting it and not just here. They might if the demand is high. Still I think the Legend line will be made from the materials the originals were made of. But they might launch a Limited version too made of fiberglass, who knows...

Does anybody own the eFX PCR Stormtrooper helmet? (The cheap one with ugly seams.) I'm in the process of making the interior a little better. The original padding sucked so I'm putting one of petal shaped foam pads in there and adding straps. Problem is, when I removed the original padding it left plenty of glue residue. Does anybody have any tips on removing it? Can I use Goo Gone or rubbing alcohol without damaging the plastic?

Does anybody own the eFX PCR Stormtrooper helmet? (The cheap one with ugly seams.) I'm in the process of making the interior a little better. The original padding sucked so I'm putting one of petal shaped foam pads in there and adding straps. Problem is, when I removed the original padding it left plenty of glue residue. Does anybody have any tips on removing it? Can I use Goo Gone or rubbing alcohol without damaging the plastic?

I think you might better ask this on RPF or 501st forums, there were some guys there modifying theirs in the same manner.

If it's legend only, hopefully the originals where Abs not styrene, I already have an ABS would be nice to get a fibreglass to go with most of my others

If it's legend only, hopefully the originals where Abs not styrene, I already have an ABS would be nice to get a fibreglass to go with most of my others

The Stunt Stormies were made of styrene/HDPE so that is not as good as ABS. I like HDPE, I have 3 helmets made of it, but it is more fragile than ABS and fiberglass. And most of the other SW helmets were made of ABS IIRC

You can totally use Goo Gone! No problem with that, I've been using it for a variety of clean-ups, from price stickers on figure packs to statues. Great stuff.

Some shots of my collection including the helmets in the blue lighting:

collectiondisplay061.jpg

collectiondisplay062.jpg

collectiondisplay063.jpg

collectiondisplay064.jpg

collectiondisplay065.jpg

collectiondisplay066.jpg

collectiondisplay067.jpg

collectiondisplay068.jpg

collectiondisplay069.jpg

collectiondisplay070.jpg

Finally finished my eFX PCR Stormtrooper helmet mod:

6345921735_123df79d1a_z.jpg

6346671650_bfa47dc1f5_z.jpg

Looks much better and is more comfortable to wear than before. For now I have the chin straps held on with tape, anybody have a non-permanent way to hold them in place instead of tape?

unless you are doing acrobatics in full costume I can't see why you need a chin strap

I just wanted the inside to look as screen accurate as possible with some modifications of my own. And I'm actually going to wear this helmet, not using it as a display piece. I don't see any harm in putting chin straps on.

newesb_in04.jpg

Unbelievable:rock

:hi5:

Finally finished my eFX PCR Stormtrooper helmet mod:

6345921735_123df79d1a_z.jpg

6346671650_bfa47dc1f5_z.jpg

Looks much better and is more comfortable to wear than before. For now I have the chin straps held on with tape, anybody have a non-permanent way to hold them in place instead of tape?

Very cool. Did you cover that front seam with something too? The chin straps were held in place by the helmet screws, the MR CE/eFX PC doesn't come with those screws, you might want to add some - do not forget it is stunt.

unless you are doing acrobatics in full costume I can't see why you need a chin strap

It's the way these helmets came with.

Back