Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anybody collect 1:1 Helmets?

6346671650_bfa47dc1f5_z.jpg

BTW what kind of visor did you use for the helmet? It seems a very solid one, like a welder mask visor. They used green acetate lenses on the movie helmets. You can find those accurate lenses from Mike Appling aka TK-4510/Trooperbay.

Agreed. I've been wearing my helmet for almost 2 years now and never needed a chin strap.

Maybe he simply wanted to make his helmet more screen accurate. Personally I don't intend or care to join 501st and I try having my helmets accurate. Accurate doesn't always mean comfortable for wearing. My TE2 TK helmet for example is perfectly made for trooping with special padding inside (not regular leaf/star foam) and velcro to attach the fans and microphone.

Maybe he simply wanted to make his helmet more screen accurate. Personally I don't intend or care to join 501st and I try having my helmets accurate. Accurate doesn't always mean comfortable for wearing. My TE2 TK helmet for example is perfectly made for trooping with special padding inside (not regular leaf/star foam) and velcro to attach the fans and microphone.

He said he was going to wear it.

He said he was going to wear it.

If used for trooping then a more accurate helmet would have been better and there are many out there, though it seems MR CE are also approved with some changes - this also shows 501st are not very picky except for the elite ranks like Centurion. If for Halloween or casual fun role play it is ok as is.

Very cool. Did you cover that front seam with something too? The chin straps were held in place by the helmet screws, the MR CE/eFX PC doesn't come with those screws, you might want to add some - do not forget it is stunt.

I haven't touched the front seam yet, I don't think I'm going to.

BTW what kind of visor did you use for the helmet? It seems a very solid one, like a welder mask visor. They used green acetate lenses on the movie helmets. You can find those accurate lenses from Mike Appling aka TK-4510/Trooperbay.

Everything including the lens, foam, chin straps were purchased from Trooper Bay, he makes some quality stuff.

And to the rest of you that's so bothered by me putting chin straps, it's not like I'm taking your helmets and putting chin straps on them too. It's MY helmet so I'll do whatever the hell I want to it whether or not it makes sense or gets approval from you. Don't know why it's such a big deal to you guys. Ya'll need to relax. :cuckoo:

care to enumerate what needs to be modded on the efx 30th anniv helmet?

I just changed the interior and the lenses. The original padding sucked so I decided to go with the original style of padding they used in the film.

Here's someone on FISD who fully modified his MR CE Helmet (same mold as eFX PCR)

https://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=8839

And to the rest of you that's so bothered by me putting chin straps, it's not like I'm taking your helmets and putting chin straps on them too. It's MY helmet so I'll do whatever the hell I want to it whether or not it makes sense or gets approval from you. Don't know why it's such a big deal to you guys. Ya'll need to relax. :cuckoo:

Not bothered at all. It's just when you wear this stuff it's better to have less strapping than more. The more straps, snaps, velcro you have the more that can go wrong. Just trying to help.

I just acquired a Deluxe Don Post Vader helmet. It's a bit dusty and in need of a good cleaning but it's in fantastic shape. And it's signed by Don Post as well. Gonna get it cleaned up and build a helmet stand for it next.

I think straps would be a good idea, I remember when Luke taps his helmet to indicate his mic is out to the commander, it shakes all around his head - kind of looked ridiculous...

I just acquired a Deluxe Don Post Vader helmet. It's a bit dusty and in need of a good cleaning but it's in fantastic shape. And it's signed by Don Post as well. Gonna get it cleaned up and build a helmet stand for it next.

Congrats! That is a good bucket! :clap

Very cool Verbal! Congrats! :clap Even though I don't collect clones eFX should really take into consideration in making some of these commanders, people are really interested in them.

jkno, which helmet did u buy for your SDS stormy set?, just sent an inquiry to Andrew :)

I bought the Hero since the armor has the hero hand plates. Besides that SDS Hero is a bit sturdier, all my other lids are on top of the cabinets, hard to reach, but this one is on Gigel and visitors might touch it.

Will you be getting a 1:1 Stormie armor and helmet too?

I bought the Hero since the armor has the hero hand plates. Besides that SDS Hero is a bit sturdier, all my other lids are on top of the cabinets, hard to reach, but this one is on Gigel and visitors might touch it.

Will you be getting a 1:1 Stormie armor and helmet too?

The wife has promised it for my 40th :panic: :yess:

man, you guys are lucky to have loved ones helping out .

Back