Possible DC SDCC2013 Announcements

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No DC previews??? No DC Pre-orders??......:(

I spoke with the lady at SS booth today at SDCC. I asked her if it was true that the Catwoman PF was supposed to be previewed at the con, but was pulled at the very last minute? She confirmed this was in fact true. She also told me it'll be teased sooner than later ( next 2 months), and be up for PO by the end of the year.

I spoke with the lady at SS booth today at SDCC. I asked her if it was true that the Catwoman PF was supposed to be previewed at the con, but was pulled at the very last minute? She confirmed this was in fact true. She also told me it'll be teased sooner than later ( next 2 months), and be up for PO by the end of the year.

Fantastic!

Interesting. Thanks for getting the scoop.

Also went to Artist Alley at the on the meet Stanley "Artgerm" Lau. Nice guy. Asked him about the artwork on the 3 SS pieces He did (Poison Ivy, Harley, Catwoman). Ivy and Harley are a little different from his art he said. When asked if SS commissioned any other characters from him, he said yes, but probably not for statues. They were Powergirl and Batgirl 'Stephanie was the costume style I think he was referring to). Just saying. Probably nothing.

But I want to see it now! :mad::)

Because it just wasn't ready. They weren't happy with how it looked ( whether that meant the sculpt, or clothing etc.,).

I really have a feeling the LSF will be the Sideshow Catwoman piece to get. Intuitively, the Artgerm piece might not translate well into statue form.

I really have a feeling the LSF will be the Sideshow Catwoman piece to get. Intuitively, the Artgerm piece might not translate well into statue form.

Well the only thing that's potentially concerning about the Artgerm piece is that pose while her head is to the side.

Well the only thing that's potentially concerning about the Artgerm piece is that pose while her head is to the side.

well, that, and the short left arm, and well, the whip. How's it even gonna be posed? Wire? Sculpted? The latter will be a transportation/QC nightmare. Guess we'll see in a coupla months. I hope to be roundly shot down on all aforementioned points! :lol

well, that, and the short left arm, and well, the whip. How's it even gonna be posed? Wire? Sculpted? The latter will be a transportation/QC nightmare. Guess we'll see in a coupla months. I hope to be roundly shot down on all aforementioned points! :lol

I think the short arm was just due to the fact that it was concept. I'm sure proportions will be correct in the sculpt. The whip, however - yes that will be interesting to see.

Just keep in mind Poison Ivy and Harley are "based" on Artgerm's concept art. I'm sure the sculpt will come out great. Also, can't it be possible that they may make a changeout head? We haven't seen, or know very little right now.

Back