Possible Commissions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IN theory I'd be interested in doing this... but at the moment I have a waiting list of between 6 - 8 weeks before I can start on anything new (maybe less if I get my current commissions finished quicker)

I'd have to have a look at this, maybe try sculpting one first (without payment up front) just to... y'know... make sure I could do it to a standard you'd all be happy with)

Let me have a think about it and I'll get back to you :) (abstract I'll pm you tomorrow anyway)

Darren

hi!:rolleyes:
i have some recent works i'm up to and i'll be sure to post pics of them asap.
in fact,
i actually have another one i had done after the jim kelly, but i'm keeping it mostly secret for the time being in hopes of it getting used, but if not I'll prob just let it out since it was a portfolio piece

anyways here's a jim kelly head i painted and sculpted
7.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

and that recent bruce lee head i modified and then painted
5.jpg

6.jpg

I'd be very much interested in this too but I would want to see finished products first.

I'd like to suggest a new Faith and Willow to that list as well and my dream figure would be Illyria.

Heck we get enough sculpters together, they might just start a side business in 1/6 head sculpts such as frontlines Hero Heads

here's an idea (doesnt have to be this way, I'm just throwing it out there)

Why don't us artists do a different character each. No money taken yet... and then the people can get together and talk in pms to decide which sculptor they'd like to do more of the pieces. or maybe they might decide that different sculptors do different ones each, and we share the work between us.

(if someone else was clearly doing better work than me though, then I'd never try to convince people that they should choose me. You obviously should go with who you all thought did the best looking work.

If I was to do more of these, and if I'm spending time on something like this (i worked for weeks on my Anakin) I would want paying for my time, obviously.... but I would never take payment in advance for something like this unless I knew, and you knew, that you would all be happy with it. And if that meant me doing one first.... without advance payment, then that's the way it should be. (of course if you all liked it.. then it would still be at the full commission sculpt price, whatever that turned out to be... but we'd work that out beforehand), lol

Murderofcrows71 said:
Heck we get enough sculpters together, they might just start a side business in 1/6 head sculpts such as frontlines Hero Heads

.....what do you think I'm thinking of already ;) ...my sculpting/repainting work has overtaken my oil painting work lately. And I still have lots more ideas coming up (I just need to get things finished so I can work on them, lol)

great Idea HA
how about we set up one head sculpt .
have everyone that is interested "do it" and submit thier version
and then as HA said we could PM and see who we wish to be the official Freak sculptor
I am really behind this idea ..maybe we could even branch out into other lines that are ..lacking :lol

betic1 said:
great Idea HA
how about we set up one head sculpt .
have everyone that is interested "do it" and submit thier version
and then as HA said we could PM and see who we wish to be the official Freak sculptor

hunky_artist said:
and if I'm spending time on something like this (i worked for weeks on my Anakin) I would want paying for my time, obviously....
:rolleyes:

at the end of the day, the artists who 'tried out' should be compensated somehow, because a sculpt isn't just a 4 hour project whipped out. it's a 20+ hour project lol

but then again, most of the time, you can still make use of ANY sculpt you make so I don't think that's much of a problem but we should definately keep that in mind

just my 2 cents

I'd prefer to see some fixes to existing figures, and my first choice for a test-sculpt would be a new Willow Rosenberg head for the existing Doppelgangland figure. The meticulously accurate detailing of the costume, the similarity of Sideshow's (then) standard female body to AH's physique, the episide-specific tranq gun and backpack — all these things make the QC SNAFU the production head underwent even more disappointing.

Willow is arguably the most important character in the series after Buffy, and an accurate portrait is essential to the 1:6 line; Capturing her bashful playfulness, naive charm, and disarmingly-crooked smile will truly test the mettle of the sculptors.

After Willow, I'd be most interested in a new Faith and Prophecy Girl Buffy.

However, I don't think it's quite as simple as an Art S. Buck body, some clothes and props, and I'm skeptical a figure could be produced for around $50, as abstractharmony suggests. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for this, but, there are lots and lots of logistics to work out for this to be a viable proposal for all involved.

I'll be following this thread with keen interest. :)

dww.jpg

I agree, and I work quite slowly too (a by product of my oil painting portrait technique). This is why i think if we each do different heads, then there's probably more likelihood that people would just keep with whichever sculpts we did and get the group order together for the commission.

but anyway this isn't my idea it's not up to me :lol Give me a shout when you all know more

sunohc said:
:rolleyes:

at the end of the day, the artists who 'tried out' should be compensated somehow, because a sculpt isn't just a 4 hour project whipped out. it's a 20+ hour project lol

No. I agree, that's why I suggested that people have a look at the sculptors on the board and PM me with their top three choices. Then no-one is wasting their time.

OK - one sculptor has given me a price of $150.00 plus the cost of making the heads so that's certainly a start.

I'm sure whoever we choose to sculpt would be happy to start the work for a small deposit of say $5.00 per person.

I'm going to start a thread for the list of people who are in for this. Please don't do anything else in the list thread other than add your name. Let's keep all of the general conversation in here.

I'm actually really pleased that so many people are up for this. If anyone knows someone else who isn't on the board and would like to be in on this get them to e-mail me direct on abstractharmony (at) ntlword.com with 'Buffy Commission' in the title.

When you say 'in for this' do you mean to purchase said sculpt or to create it?

Well I would certainly be very interested in chipping in some money, but a lot of this would depend on the quality of the end result. That's why I was asking about folks presenting examples of their previous work just to get an idea of what they ar capable of.

As others were saying above not many sculptors would be interested on doing a head 'on spec' just to get the gig without money changing hands, so it would maybe help narrow down the field if the sculptors who are interested in this presenting a brief 'portfolio' of any relevant work done in the past.

sueworld said:
......asking about folks presenting examples of their previous work just to get an idea of what they ar capable of.

........so it would maybe help narrow down the field if the sculptors who are interested in this presenting a brief 'portfolio' of any relevant work done in the past.

I've just this evening set up a new photo blog to journal all my resculpts, repaints, commissions and oil paintings..... I've just put a bunch of stuff up there (probably all the same as what's in my gallery thread on here)

But I'll be updating this photo blog every few days, or whenever there's anything new to show, even if it's a half-way through piece (like the latest Star Trek 7" resculpt I've posted there)

The blog link is the first link in my signature below

right... bedtime for me now, lol. 'night all :)

I think we need to clarify a couple things in order to get each contributor a head.
A sculpt
A mold and cast
Some, not all will, need a painter
Some, not all will need someone to attach the head to a body.
Some may want to find a taylor who can make clothes.

So we need to find out if our sculptor casts, if not we need to find someone who will do that. I think our price should include each person contributing toward a sculpt and the cast. Once you get your head we can discuss the other elements necessary.

I am bowing out of the sculpting, since everyone's work is much better than I can do. But I'm in for the cost of the commission and a cast of the head. Once we have portfolios up we can start a debate process, looking at price and who's previous work illustrates the needs of each particular sculpt. For example Tara and Dawn had really large eyes, so that element would be vital to the likeness. Wesley has definite expressions and different incarnations and we don't want to end up with satisfaction with the likeness but disappointment with the expression ala Jedi Luke.

Back