POPTOYS 1/6 EX-026 Devoted Samurai (standard version/deluxe version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got mine today, and man I'm really wishing now that I had splurged on the deluxe version so I could cover up that Cruise sculpt with the helmet. I was hoping the head might look better in hand, but nope it's clearly far too old and bloated for a 2003 Tom Cruise, and the ugly, ratty hair on top just makes it even worse.

Which is a shame, because the rest of the figure looks exceptional with the armor and all the amazing detail everywhere.

Debating now if I should hold out for a helmet on toy anxiety, or pick up that knockoff head on ebay which I guess is a recast of the Iminime sculpt? Not really sure, but it certainly looks miles better than this one.

PM'd you davejames.

How do you put the katana on the waist?
Hey Koob. His sword is mounted like a Tachi on the Devoted Samurai. So blade facing down. In mine there was a small piece of leather lace that I simply used to the sword to the belt than tuck it under his red sash.
If you want to mount it like a katana, then first slide the wakizashi through the belt (i like to weave it through for stability) then simply slide the katana in somewhat perpendicularly to it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Deluxe version finally came in [emoji16]
9a5b9676f233aa73f4123a175ec00e92.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Got mine last week and man is it a work of art! It has become one of my favorite pieces and I can’t wait for katsumoto 719F587A-0A57-4451-9AF4-64C788279D79.jpeg

I know it man, but I have no clue how to style it properly....I don’t even have hair so :dunno

I didn't mean to say that you styled it wrong. I think the issue is with how it was implemented. I would have preferred sculpted hair and put up with some posing issues.

And I share the same hair style as you! :duff

I didn't mean to say that you styled it wrong. I think the issue is with how it was implemented. I would have preferred sculpted hair and put up with some posing issues.

Haha awesome, I’ll drink to that. I think if someone knows how to style and cut hair this could look great probably. I do like sculpted hair but when done right rooted just takes it to another level...sadly production rooting usually comes out like this

I know it man, but I have no clue how to style it properly....I don?t even have hair so :dunno

Damn! We are a bunch of "bolder guys" ! ;)

Trying to decide if I want to keep this one or not. I was hoping to like the sculpt more in person. I have the Nine x Virus one on PO also.

I would go with the "I have the Nine x Viper" (not Virus- correct?) - I missed that one sadly - all sold out - the Viper head looks amazing

Well, I have the Viper on order and own the Pop toys. I think the Viper is an art piece. However, I think I would go with the Pop toys. The fact that everything is metal on the Viper means that some rings look a bit oversized to me. The Pop Toys is probably more accurate when compared to photos of the actual armor.

Just got mine and its stunning in hand. The craftsmanship is incredible.
Have the Nine x Virus on pre-order as well (sculpted version), but with Poptoys you just can't go wrong especially for the price.
Also we've yet to see how the Nine release looks with the helmet and mask on, there will have to be a extra head included because of the sculpted hair.

Back