POPTOYS 1/6 EX-026 Devoted Samurai (standard version/deluxe version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too lazy to open my Katsumoto last night. Will leave it for the weekend.

However since i also bought the additional clothes set, i decided to open that last night. Nice quality clothes, sword is diecast and heavy. Quite happy.

However, he does not come with 2 extra swords like in the stock photo. Only the one gift wrapped for the Emperor.

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-04 at 10.52.39 PM.jpeg

whats the cheapest people paid for devoted samurai deluxe and benevolent samurai?

New third party head sculpt. I'm not sure, but it might be a recast or another custom sculpt.
I don't have the Pop Toys Algren, but i do have the Pangaea one and ordered the Jiuan x Virus. Gonna upgrade my Pangaea for sure !

147385695_2895484087365438_4153411003182607141_n.jpg146514285_2895483914032122_7388290263894427522_n.jpg

Anyone have Katsumoto yet? Don't even see a thread..

View attachment 505262

I do! He's awesome imo. My only nitpick is that his face is a bit wide. Just snapped these shots about an hour ago. Highly Recommend!

Edit: I lazily put the mask on for a quick shot, I still get a bit panicky with the mask rubbing the paint off on the face.

I also ordered that headsculpt for Nathan. I'm hoping it turns out decent.

3D2A6336-1.jpg
3D2A6343-1.jpg

Nice pics! I agree about the head looking too wide, and it appears the likeness has been lost quite a bit from the proto. Although I was always intending to display mine more with the helmet on anyway, since he just looks imposing as hell that way.

And my initial thought was that was a recast of the Jintoy sculpt, but comparing it to the one I have I see too many differences for that to be the case. Likeness is definitely stronger than the Poptoys head, but he does still look a bit bloated.

I do! He's awesome imo. My only nitpick is that his face is a bit wide. Just snapped these shots about an hour ago. Highly Recommend!

Edit: I lazily put the mask on for a quick shot, I still get a bit panicky with the mask rubbing the paint off on the face.

View attachment 505723
View attachment 505724

Awesome photos. Opened mine up over the weekend, didn't take any photos and shoved him in the display shelf. Maybe will do so over CNY.
Great figure... really darn heavy, heavier then a Diecast Iron Man. One of the gold trimmings fell off in the box, super glue easy fix.

Totally agree with you on the head sculpt. Looks good, but the face is too wide and he's lost a little bit of that "determined" look from prototype.
The detail on the armor is stunning... especially the helmet. Even that box I have him sitting on is nice.
Overall, I can say this is one of my favorite figures opened within the last 12 months easily. 9.3 / 10 solid release !

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Mine also came with one of the plates on the chest detached from the thread, and two of the gold corner pieces of the armor were loose in the box and detached. I gorilla gel/glued them all back on and it seems fine though.

I also ordered the accessories set, I don't ever want to fuss with changing the clothes on this figure though. Does anybody know what body poptoys uses or where I could by one if possible? I'd rather just dress another body then swap heads.

Beautiful pics, Agentbutterman!

I like that custom Archtoys head sculpt. Definitely one of the best Cruise sculpts that I've seen.

I think I'm going to regret skipping this line...

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Mine also came with one of the plates on the chest detached from the thread, and two of the gold corner pieces of the armor were loose in the box and detached. I gorilla gel/glued them all back on and it seems fine though.

I also ordered the accessories set, I don't ever want to fuss with changing the clothes on this figure though. Does anybody know what body poptoys uses or where I could by one if possible? I'd rather just dress another body then swap heads.

If you go back a page or 2 you can see my accessories pack photo with a soosoo toys John Wick head. The store i got it just told me to get the Pop Toys "recommended" body. Coomodel body. But i got one without sculpted neck.

116107826_2626132664291983_6393925990424802659_o.jpg

If you go back a page or 2 you can see my accessories pack photo with a soosoo toys John Wick head. The store i got it just told me to get the Pop Toys "recommended" body. Coomodel body. But i got one without sculpted neck.

View attachment 505744

Nice Ronin figure! Thanks a lot I appreciate it, I just ordered one. You saved me a big headache as I wanted to get the right bodytype and had no idea what to do.

View attachment 505723
View attachment 505724

Your photos on IG and Flickr are off the charts! Could easily pass for the life size versions.
What camera are you using?

Your photos on IG and Flickr are off the charts! Could easily pass for the life size versions.
What camera are you using?

Hey dude thank you so much, I really appreciate that! It means a lot.

The majority of the photos up until November 2020 were taken with a Canon 6D and a 100mm Canon 2.8 macro lens. I also use 4 off camera flash w/soft strips/soft boxes. I got a Canon R5 this last November which I really enjoy but doesn't show any real differences over instagram.

EDIT: My spare body that was recommended by @Stanlore arrived today and it works perfect for the head, clothes, hands, feet, and accessories. He looks great with them, I'll probably end up taking some photos of him tonight. I'll post some if I do.

I recently did another shot of him in the armor composited into a backdrop also.

3D2A6504-Edit.jpg

Back