POPTOYS 1/6 EX-026 Devoted Samurai (standard version/deluxe version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine's on the way from KG. Looks fantastic, a nice improvement over the Pangaea version. Looking forward to Katsumoto as well

I hope POP does all the characters that Pangea/ACI made with the quality of this figure including Achilles, Maximus, Bailian, and the never released William Wallace.

I received this figure yesterday.
I own the Pangaea one and I was of two minds as to whether to get this as I thought that was a good enough version. I'm so glad I got this though.
The box and stands are real wood. Where metal appears, it is made of metal, including the swords and armor. The feet aren't just plastic, he has tabi socks and sandals. Presentation in the box and of the instructions is gorgeous. Can't wait to have some extra display space for this piece.

EKIA Hobbies and ManofActionFigures still have both versions.

I'm still really torn on it myself. I love all the amazing detail, but just not sure if it's movie or character I care enough about to spend $300 or so on...

aR2L1hc.jpg

Pangaea on the left and Pop on the right.

Good lord! If the previous photos hadn’t convinced me to buy this guy then those recent shots would of! Looks fantastic and that Gladiator looks aces too.

The Lunar celebration and outbreak is sadly delaying my shipment from KGHOBBY but I’m just happy I got it in before they sold out.

As soon as the first in-hand shots came out I ran straight to KGHobby to pick up the deluxe version despite having already blown my budget on the Mighty Beroes box set. It’s a bit pricey but all those accessories along with the blatantly obvious quality make it an easy pill to swallow. This guy will stand proudly on a shelf with the Blitzway Zorro when that comes out and (hopefully someday) a Gladiator if anyone ever produces another. PopToys are now the prime candidates.
Initially I thought the Cruise sculpt looked a bit too haggard because he’s just such a crisp, clean specimen most of the time but the more furrowed brow look suits the character perfectly.

Yeah I finally broke down and ordered the regular version at Timewalker. It would have been nice to have the helmet too, but I just didn't need it bad enough to pay another $50. And now that I see how good the Cruise sculpt can look once you slick down the hair, I realize I probably wouldn't have used it much anyway.

this is just a stunning piece and easily contestant for figure of the year already IMO. The level of detail is insane. I had no idea that all the armor plates had actual *string* lacing them together like the real 1:1 prop! Other companies (like ACI and CultKing) just sculpted those details, but POP actually put in the extra effort to really make this figure incredibly accurate.

Hoping mine starts moving from KGHOBBY this week. Since I placed my order last week they’ve now sold out...

Back