Statue Popcultureshock 1/4 Masters of the Universe Statues!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
75% filmation will doom this line. It needs to be a little more realistic.

I disagree. Basically it makes the statue look like a detailed version of the classic style, so it gives it the nostalgic look while being intricate enough to warrant being an expensive 1/4 statue. Going more toward realistic is where it becomes more likely to isolate fans. A good example is the Street Fighter line. Some statues look so radically different from each other or are not how the characters appear in the game so they end up being not appealing while others like Ken and Sagat look like they usually do so it's an easier buy.

I disagree. Basically it makes the statue look like a detailed version of the classic style, so it gives it the nostalgic look while being intricate enough to warrant being an expensive 1/4 statue. Going more toward realistic is where it becomes more likely to isolate fans. A good example is the Street Fighter line. Some statues look so radically different from each other or are not how the characters appear in the game so they end up being not appealing while others like Ken and Sagat look like they usually do so it's an easier buy.

I kind of agree with this, just because I still want something at least look like the he man I remember. As long as it close then it's fine for me. If it looks nothing like the motu I remember from the 80s then I most likely will pass.

The 80s design looks nothing like the SF line. Not all the SF design turned out great by the way. Bison & Guile didn't translate well. Now given the fact that the He-man design is simpler then SF, how well do you possibly think it would appeal to the mass market? Yes, Jerry is making it for nostalgic reasons that we were brought up on but that market is small. There are only a handful of 35-40 year olds that would buy this anyways. You don't possibly believe that someone born in the 90s or later would buy this? People want detail. Just imagine if SSC did the Marvel line in the golden or silver age era? How many do you think they would actually sell? People want detail. The more realistic, the better.

Yes, Jerry will sell out of the main Characters like He-man or Skelator, but the line will not succeed pass it if he sticks to his gun and goes with the 75% filmation. He needs to produce this to the mass market, not the kids that were brought up in the 80s.

There are only a handful of 35-40 year olds that would buy this anyways. You don't possibly believe that someone born in the 90s or later would buy this?

He needs to produce this to the mass market, not the kids that were brought up in the 80s.

Bit of a contradiction there.

I agree with the first statement. Nobody's going to buy this plus 90's. This line will go the way of the Thundercats.

People have fond memory's but actually laying out $400 on a statue of He-man is another thing. You'd be better off investing in the original toys.

Bit of a contradiction there.

I agree with the first statement. Nobody's going to buy this plus 90's. This line will go the way of the Thundercats.

People have fond memory's but actually laying out $400 on a statue of He-man is another thing. You'd be better off investing in the original toys.

Not really? What I meant to say, for the line to succeed, he needs to make the line geared towards the younger generation also. Those would be the ones born in the 90s. This will appeal to both markets of ages.

I'm definitely getting He-Man and Skeletor if they turn out nice. Possibly Orko, Man-at-Arms and also... and the Sorceress and Evil-lynn.... yeah

I'm all for the cartoon look. I like cartoony statues also and I want him to look like he popped out of the screen.
The Disney statue are cartoony and they look awesome.

I'm definitely getting He-Man and Skeletor if they turn out nice. Possibly Orko, Man-at-Arms and also... and the Sorceress and Evil-lynn.... yeah

I'm all for the cartoon look. I like cartoony statues also and I want him to look like he popped out of the screen.

Then the line is doomed... :(

I want these in order:

He man
She ra
Battle cat
Sorceress
Skeletor

Taking a step back I think it's only He-Man and Skeletor for me too. I'd be massively surprised if we got anything beyond them anyway.
Maybe Beastman and Man-at-Arms at a push.

He-Man and BattleCat for me. I only purchased Liono from Jerry's Thundercats line (which i dont regret and nor will i be parting from it)and so just having the more iconic characters from each cartoon will do me! So therefore having Lion-o and He-Man would sit very well with me!

Not really? What I meant to say, for the line to succeed, he needs to make the line geared towards the younger generation also. Those would be the ones born in the 90s. This will appeal to both markets of ages.

Why though? There's no point in gearing anything towards people who have no interest or history with the product. There's enough cool looking statue's out there for those types of buyers that only buy things based on looks.

People born in the 90's have their own nostalgic history. Making things geared to other groups wouldn't really work IMO. It's like taking captain Kirk and changing him so he's cool to 80's and 90's folk.

Not saying he should just make giant cartoon figures but you don't want to be straying too far from what makes He-man, He-man.

There is the "hyper anime" detailed statue from SDCC 2001 and the Four Horsemen/NECA 200X statue for those who want a different look for He-man. Both can be bought for as cheap or cheaper than what this statue will retail for. I'm not sold on the 75% Filmation look they are going for, but maybe that will change when I see the final sculpt. After He-man and Skeletor I have almost zero interest in any other character sculpted in the Filmation style though.

Back