Statue Popcultureshock 1/4 Masters of the Universe Statues!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pop Culture: He-Man Teaser

Cannot wait for this! I was never able to get the Four Horsemen/NECA statues and they are super rare so I may be all over this.

Cannot wait for this! I was never able to get the Four Horsemen/NECA statues and they are super rare so I may be all over this.

I like this too, I really hope we get a she ra and battle cat before the line gets in trouble like thundercats. Hopefully not but still want these first before any side characters which could endanger the line. Not saying it will. But please Jerry give us the big characters first! Love the 80s! That's my childhood time so many good cartoons!

I like this too, I really hope we get a she ra and battle cat before the line gets in trouble like thundercats. Hopefully not but still want these first before any side characters which could endanger the line. Not saying it will. But please Jerry give us the big characters first! Love the 80s! That's my childhood time so many good cartoons!

Hell yeah! Loved the 80's and any chance I get to relive it through a really cool collectible I'll go for. :hi5:

I hope Jerry sticks to the more iconic poses:

he-man.jpeg

dreamworks-he-man.jpg

I think MotU as much bigger fan base than Thundercast so hopefully it'll expand nicely.

Most MOTU collectors are like the G.I Joe collectors...they won't branch off of the classic scale. If the first PF sits around and rots like lion-o did, this line will be in trouble too

Most MOTU collectors are like the G.I Joe collectors...they won't branch off of the classic scale. If the first PF sits around and rots like lion-o did, this line will be in trouble too

I think the main issue with the TC line is that they based Lion-O on the McGuiness art instead of making it closer to the Cartoon... while Mum-Ra looked more like a blend of realistic/cartoon... and Tygra was full cartoon look. People don't want to have pricey statues that don't belong together.

Regarding MOTU fans, they will branch out if the product is good.
A clear example was the success of the 1/4 scale MOTU statues by NECA from a few years ago... those were amazing and they fetch a high secondary-market price nowadays...

Oh, and G.I. Joe fans seems to love the Sideshow figures so I really don't get your point... :dunno

Personally I think Statues for these type of characters have a limited life-span...
Most fans would only pay that much money for the heavy-hitters of each faction...
He-Man, Teela, MAA, Sorceress, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Beast Man, Trap-Jaw, Merman, Tri-klops, She-Ra and Hordak... but anything outside of that would be pushing it...

BTW, here are a few tidbits of information from PCS' Jerry:

Q:Hi Jerry, here's another question for you in regards to the He-Man MOTU line. I understand He-Man will be your first release which if all goes to plan should be in the next month or so, how are things plodding along with the initial prototype? Are you happy with how things look so far? Is there a possibility of a sneaky peak of He-Man on facebook for us die hard MOTU fans? Also i understand a BattleCat statue may also be on the cards (with a possible removable battle suit and head to recreate both BattleCat and Cringer) is this true at all? Many thanks my friend

A: He-Man is going well. Taking longer than id like because we are trying to find the perfect balance of Filmation and realism. i want this to be so good there will never be a reason for anyone to make another.

Cant comment on anything else

Q: Was hoping for a more realistic interpretation of He-man.

A: We call it 75% Filmation/25% realistic
it may not be for everyone, but we feel that the diehard MOTU fans will enjoy this interpretation

Q:It looks great!can you tell me who is sculpting this?

A:So far 3 sculptors have worked on it as we've discovered its a strangely difficult likeness to capture.

Last edited:

That's what they said about the thundercats :lol

Really? I wouldn't think TC bigger than MotU personnally. But I agree that if He-Man doesn't sell well it'll be trouble for the line (like SCC's Disney line :monkey2).
I'm glad they're going with 75% Filmation because to me that's He-Man

But I'm with Kuzeh too, I never liked the PCS Lion-O and always preferred the Hard Hero version.

Hi guys. Newb here with a first post so be cool. :)
I've been Collecting MOTU for the better part of 10 years now. I was very excited when it was announced that PCS acquired the license. I have 2 demands; 1. There must be a version of He-Man looking upward to the sky with the power sword raised above him, with a button that you push that says "I Have the Power".
2. Skeletor must come with his Havoc Staff, and eyes that light up red.

Hi guys. Newb here with a first post so be cool. :)
I've been Collecting MOTU for the better part of 10 years now. I was very excited when it was announced that PCS acquired the license. I have 2 demands; 1. There must be a version of He-Man looking upward to the sky with the power sword raised above him, with a button that you push that says "I Have the Power".
2. Skeletor must come with his Havoc Staff, and eyes that light up red.

I personally don't like electronics in statues that I will never use more than once. Overtime many dies out making the statue flawed.

I kind of agree with this because I was like this as a figure collector. People always vote for cool side characters, then they will never pay 350.00 to 400.00 for a statue of the character they voted for which is consider a cool favorite. I would say with the exception of he man which could do very well.

I think either way 50% or whatever percent filmation people will drop out after the main characters. Maybe and maybe not, one things for sure is it will be a super hard market to keep this line going. I really like it and wish the best for it whatever percent they will be.

Last edited:
Back