Pop Culture Shock - Zangief PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received an email that they haven't received any back or any CC declines for the Mecha Zangief and was offered a regular....they didn't close the waitlist though so I'll wait it out

I had to send back my mecha and they have no replacements. :( Mine had paint issues all over it...oh well. I like the regular better anyway.

Does anyone know what the ES for the reg zangief is? Just curious coz my waitlist is about to convert and I'm not sure whether or not I should just flex it or cancel and try to score it cheap on ebay. Don't get me wrong, the ES won't make or break the deal for me. Its the price tag along with CA taxes that will.

Any chance of getting this piece below retail? I'm also a little hesitant to start a new line since I missed out on akuma and ryu. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Well there are not very many(if any) etailers that have him anymore and that's usually a sign that there are plenty to go around if they still have some so it's a tough call....ebay only has one at the moment too. Send the one on ebay an offer and see how that goes.

Does anyone know what the ES for the reg zangief is? Just curious coz my waitlist is about to convert and I'm not sure whether or not I should just flex it or cancel and try to score it cheap on ebay. Don't get me wrong, the ES won't make or break the deal for me. Its the price tag along with CA taxes that will.

Any chance of getting this piece below retail? I'm also a little hesitant to start a new line since I missed out on akuma and ryu. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

300 ES for the regular. I don't see him dropping much below retail at that ES. He is a less popular SF character but his size and detail make him really stand out in the collection.

There is one for sale at statueforum.com as well. It looks a lot cheaper than the one on ebay.

Thanks for all your replies. I just read a few posts up on this forum and the Statue Forum. Love the pics. Since Guile and other SF characters are coming out, no better way to start the line than with Zangief. I'm gonna keep him and eat the CA sales tax. But Zangief will be Flex'd. I'll be making that phone call to Sideshow to set it up.

Thanks again guys.

Mark this post - the regular Zangief statue will command a higher price than the exclusive within a year.

300 is a very small edition size for this piece. Too many SF collectors out there that want Zangief.

Mark this post - the regular Zangief statue will command a higher price than the exclusive within a year.

300 is a very small edition size for this piece. Too many SF collectors out there that want Zangief.

i agree. i personally never planned on buying gief till i saw all the pics. only 300 people can have the whole set with the normal zangief. give it 6 months and you wont find 1 for under $500-600.

Top view:
SAM_0046.jpg

Face paint and sculpt is awesome. sorry for the slight blur. Too excited and couldn't get the camera to focus:
SAM_0055.jpg

I honestly like this head and expression more than the closed mouth. It just seems more animated, where the reg is just so serious. Again paint and sculpt is awesome:
SAM_0058.jpg

Battle of the grinning scary faces. Which character will you choose??
Uuuurrrrghhh....:
SAM_0061.jpg

My current Street Fighter and bust setup. I plan on getting another one of these cases at Ikea this weekend to put Zangief in. Takes up one shelf alone with weight and size. Glass shelfs are supposed to hold 50lbs.
SAM_0065.jpg

You might have noticed in some of the pics that there seems to be stuff all over the place in our home. We moved in somewhat reccently and haven't gotten quite situated. This room is going to be our collectibles room, rec room and arcade room. I don't know how many of you out there are KI fans, but I always wanted a perfect arcade translation to play at home and never quite got it. So I went out and got the real thing. If you don't like the games please don't comment negatively about it. We all collect different things for different reasons.
SAM_0067.jpg

100% completely satisfied with Zangief. If you guys have any request for pics, just let me know and I'll try to reply asap. Thanks, J Rodimus.

Very cool man!! Loved KI and would love to own it.

Once the kids are older, going to buy a MK2 or Ultimate MK3 and a Turbo SF2 for sure.

Zangief statue is incredible. Love it

Well there are not very many(if any) etailers that have him anymore and that's usually a sign that there are plenty to go around if they still have some so it's a tough call....ebay only has one at the moment too. Send the one on ebay an offer and see how that goes.

The etailers who brought from Diamond haven't received their supply yet, since according to Jerry, Diamond's warehouse was full and couldn't take the shipment, so they are late distrubing. You will see a lot more surface soon.

Very cool man!! Loved KI and would love to own it.

Once the kids are older, going to buy a MK2 or Ultimate MK3 and a Turbo SF2 for sure.

Zangief statue is incredible. Love it

Thanks for the compliments bro. I'm still working on the room. Yeah, I love the MK series too. I bought the Midway arcade collection for the Xbox to try and relive the MK arcade experience. I use the x-arcade sticks, but the button layout isn't the same. IMO MK2 was the best in the arcade series. Hopefully you'll be able to get it and at a good price. I bought both of mine on ebay. Shipping was expensive, but once they arrived they were all mine:D. SF collection has grown a little bit. I'm gonna post pics in the near future in the SF collectibles thread. Look out for it.

The etailers who brought from Diamond haven't received their supply yet, since according to Jerry, Diamond's warehouse was full and couldn't take the shipment, so they are late distrubing. You will see a lot more surface soon.

Which etailers are these? :monkey5

Quote from Jerry.
https://statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=3199882&postcount=19

Sorry if I am not supposed to link post from another forum.

I am not in the industry so I don't know who orders from whom?

But I got an email from estarland, saying that the release date is now 3/31.

https://www.estarland.com/AnimeMerchandise.cat..product.34414.html

Watch them sell out tomorrow after I link this.

post away, no rule against posting deals or other sites here...unlike other forums. thanks!

oh man. i've been seeing that statue for a few months now and it still leaves me speechless. awesome sculpt and who wouldn't love a huge Russian wrestler in your home :D

i love your SF display man!

Mine just shipped today. I'm really excited about displaying Zangief next to the others.

My Mecha Zangief came yesterday, it was damn near perfect. Slight base splatter but its just near the back part of the base. Love this beauty. Great work Jerry!

Back