Statue Pop Culture Shock: An American Werewolf In London

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am trying to get him to eye level , he looks great that way....building a new widow sill in the man cave just for this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pegs fit good/flush but right front foot hovers 1/4 inch above the stairs instead of resting on the stair.
Did you get this response through email or was it over the phone? I would try customer service again and maybe go a different route to see if you can get another agent or something. Those issues don't sound acceptable to me either.

IMG_2042.jpg jGBzF5G.jpg

Last edited:
Imteresting.....Ill post shots of mine for comparison. You can use that for PCS to see...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok guys here my Kessler shots. I've included some multiples with different lighting, some just to show off the brown/backs in the paints, some under lit shots for major spooks!

I am gonna do some blood/clear coat work but i haven't done anything to it in these pics apart from putting the pop corn on the base!

I'm extremely happy with him!

GrV2DmW.jpg

SajwxbV.jpg

gKQLdR4.jpg

pKxT4AW.jpg

Wh7hcqY.jpg

Rfxnip4.jpg

fk33XWf.jpg

gUEyH22.jpg

zigWaCJ.jpg

AZ2S2ln.jpg

Very very nice shots....shows off what you can get with some mood lighting

They also show the brown tones in the fur, which are realistic to the prop I think.

Imteresting.....Ill post shots of mine for comparison. You can use that for PCS to see...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sent PCS another email asking for them to reconsider and this is what they came back with...

"Since all the statues are like that the only thing I can offer you is to destroy it for a full refund, as issuing a replacement will be futile since it is built the same as the one you have."

I guess if what they're saying was true, I'd agree. Too bad it's not true, so I either destroy it for a refund or keep it, as is. Either way they'll never get a penny from me again.

I sent PCS another email asking for them to reconsider and this is what they came back with...

"Since all the statues are like that the only thing I can offer you is to destroy it for a full refund, as issuing a replacement will be futile since it is built the same as the one you have."

I guess if what they're saying was true, I'd agree. Too bad it's not true, so I either destroy it for a refund or keep it, as is. Either way they'll never get a penny from me again.

That is a disappointing response from PCS. That neck seam is definitely not the same as mine, or any of the others I have seen posted so far. So saying "they are all built the same" is quite obviously inaccurate. I guess in theory they are all constructed the same, but there is obviously quite a bit of room for error in the actual production. You deserve a replacement imo.

Out of curiosity, can you see anything on the back side of the standard head that might be keeping it from fitting flush into the body? Like a small lump of polystone in the wrong place perhaps?

This is pretty much what I got from SSX about the crooked Chevrons on Jason...

Even provided photographic proof that they had straight ones out there....

They didn’t care....and I move my account to Timewalker .....and I don’t buy SSC things anymore...

Honestly, i'd smash it and take the refund as i do think this is one of those statues that'll be in stock on their website for a while and will probably end up with money off or they'll be on eBay for less than retail, if you can live without the statue for a few more months go for the refund and bide your time. It's disappointing after how long this thing has taken but i wouldn't put up with the issues you have either.

Totally not true. The foot on mine does not hover, but sits flush on the step as it should.

Totally not true. The foot on mine does not hover, but sits flush on the step as it should.

Same here. My front left foot rests on the stairs.

I finally got around to cleaning out my airbrush, and finished up the eyes and other places on the body. This is how I wish it had come from PCS, but I'm glad I was able to put a little time into it and achieve the look I wanted for it.
IMG_0796.jpg

As soon as my painter isn't busy I'm getting mine repainted.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Anybody here had a replacement head for this sent to them from PCS yet that can verify how well they pack their pieces?

Okay I got mine today. Surprisingly small box with really only bubble wrap to protect it. A far cry from the thick protective styrofoam they ship the entire statue in. Maybe cuz it's fedex arrived unbroken, maybe just lucky. I'll post pics of a comparison to my original head tomorrow because there is a big difference to the gums on this new one, they're a liitle more prominent like the earlier versions. There are definitely some variations to how the upper palates got fixed into place on these pieces.

Okay I got mine today. Surprisingly small box with really only bubble wrap to protect it. A far cry from the thick protective styrofoam they ship the entire statue in. Maybe cuz it's fedex arrived unbroken, maybe just lucky. I'll post pics of a comparison to my original head tomorrow because there is a big difference to the gums on this new one, they're a liitle more prominent like the earlier versions. There are definitely some variations to how the upper palates got fixed into place on these pieces.

Better or worse?

Better or worse?

Better. It definitely fits better to the body. The original one I got was loose to the statue like the peg didn't fill the hole properly. And the gap was so big I could actually see a pin hole of light through the neck reflecting up off the surface of the table underneath. But you can also see here what a difference in the gums. The eyes are painted better on the new one too but the camera didn't really pick that up.

heads_zpsddrr5tby.jpg

Back