Statue Pop Culture Shock: An American Werewolf In London

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swaying.........dang it. Wallet says no brain says yes. Not a good disease that I'm guessing most of us have.

I wish we could see some official pics of it in normal lighting. Right now he just looks one solid black color. I remember the AWiL werewolf design having lots of shades of grey, with a greyish-brown face. That's the only thing keeping me from ordering at the moment.

I wish we could see some official pics of it in normal lighting. Right now he just looks one solid black color. I remember the AWiL werewolf design having lots of shades of grey, with a greyish-brown face. That's the only thing keeping me from ordering at the moment.

Jerry at the other board stated that the grey came out in the film due to lighting... In some behind the scene shots of the beast he does look much browner.

these are pics of the restored original. Suit still looks like it has seen better days and does not look like it once did in the film. But again that probably has to do with lighting

American-Werewolf-in-London-Movie-Prop-Restoration-before1.jpg

American-Werewolf-in-London-Movie-Prop-Restoration-5.jpg

American-Werewolf-in-London-Movie-Prop-Restoration-8.jpg

Paul Davis wit the original suit

davis_am_werewolf.jpg

looks more grey here bit not as grey as in the film

an-american-werewolf-in-london-rick-baker-twitter.png

Depending on the shot in the film it looks greyer then others.... Sometimes Blue.

american_werewolf01.jpg

picture-58.png

Werewolf_(An_American_Werewolf_in_London.png

An-American-Werewolf-in-London.jpg

While the PCS does look very brown... I think it's an excellent representation of the Beast. You can even see that it has some of the grey shading around the eyes.

awil_1_1.jpg

awil_cu_4_1.jpg

Attachments

• american_werewolf01.jpg
    american_werewolf01.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I am so freakin glad I ordered this...its gonna be so freakin worth it

In regards to colour - you also have to remember a lot of these films have been shot on film, with a chemical printing process (to colour grade) - unlike a majority of today's films which are shot digitally and colour graded using a computer. The chemical printing process was all about timing and how long you left the film in the chemicals determined the type of colour etc. - thus the reason why in the same movie the character could be different colours, even though it was the same suit etc. Then add onto the top of that how it was lit for the film, scene etc., which could throw it out again. The only way to see what colour the original character (in this case the Wolf) is, is by viewing the original puppet in person (even photographs - especially using on board camera flash - can alter the original colour).

Then if you want to get really technical - depending on what part of the world you grew up in - your colour perception might be slightly different, to that of others in a different part of the world.

Thanks for the info and the comparison photos.

I think my issue is that, regardless of color, I'm not seeing a great amount of detail/shading in the paint app.

I'll still probably get it. I think the exclusive (snarling mouth) looks better and more iconic.

In regards to colour - you also have to remember a lot of these films have been shot on film, with a chemical printing process (to colour grade) - unlike a majority of today's films which are shot digitally and colour graded using a computer. The chemical printing process was all about timing and how long you left the film in the chemicals determined the type of colour etc. - thus the reason why in the same movie the character could be different colours, even though it was the same suit etc. Then add onto the top of that how it was lit for the film, scene etc., which could throw it out again. The only way to see what colour the original character (in this case the Wolf) is, is by viewing the original puppet in person (even photographs - especially using on board camera flash - can alter the original colour).

Then if you want to get really technical - depending on what part of the world you grew up in - your colour perception might be slightly different, to that of others in a different part of the world.

post-28669-scanners-head-explosion-gif-mi-O2Jc.gif

Thanks for the info and the comparison photos.

I think my issue is that, regardless of color, I'm not seeing a great amount of detail/shading in the paint app.

I'll still probably get it. I think the exclusive (snarling mouth) looks better and more iconic.

I love both sculpts but the closed mouth is very iconic looking.. I get what you are saying about the shading... But nothing would keep me from getting this piece.

That's probably just the product number.

I caved and ordered this. (sigh) Love the EX head and where these days can you get a 1/4 scale piece for under $400? He's my last 1/4 scale purchase, though. I had room for one more piece and I guess this is it. He and Pinhead as my two horror pieces are perfect.

Their site says that the regular version has already sold out....but not the exclusive? How is that possible?

I REALLY want this, but I've never spent this kind of money on a collectible before. Can the pre-order be cancelled at any time?

Their site says that the regular version has already sold out....but not the exclusive? How is that possible?

I REALLY want this, but I've never spent this kind of money on a collectible before. Can the pre-order be cancelled at any time?

Both showed as "sold out" prior to the pre-order becoming available. Since they are the same price, why would someone NOT want the ex? Therefore - the regular hasn't been made available for purchase yet on the PCS site (* but I'm guessing *)

i believe the pre-order can be cancelled within 30 days, but after that you lose the NRD.

Both showed as "sold out" prior to the pre-order becoming available. Since they are the same price, why would someone NOT want the ex? Therefore - the regular hasn't been made available for purchase yet on the PCS site (* but I'm guessing *)

i believe the pre-order can be cancelled within 30 days, but after that you lose the NRD.

whoa this sold out thing is scaring me. Also all pcs po's can be cancel with no charge up to 30 days? Is this true? I never knew this. If this is the case I will po everything from pcs to have time to think it over without missing out totally. Is the 30 day cancel thing true? Otherwise I need to po this wolf asap. Would really hate to miss out on it.

I just set up an account & ordered the Ex. paying in full for the 10% discount. This is, quite simply, the finest looking 1/4 scale statue that I have ever laid my peepers on & from one of my all time favourite movies that I first saw when I was very young. I cannot wait to own this beast.

Back