Statue Pop Culture Shock - 1:3 1982 Schwarzenegger Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My experience with PCS was bad. They sent me a defective Robocop statue, promised a solution, kept stringing me along for more than four ( 4!!!! ) month, saying they will take care of it once all orders filled. Then, finally said they have no replacements, and offered $20 credit... For a statue that a year later still available on their site and via Sideshow!

All my previous PCS pieces were secondhand or third party sellers, so I can't speak from experience. I currently have this and a few other orders in with them now though...

This new management change...

I havent had a problem with them until recently.

They sent my a Raiden Player 2 base with my Player 1 EX purchase. Some great QC there.
Big letters saying PLAYER 1...then big letters saying PLAYER 2 on the base.

When asked to be sent a proper base...I was told that bases are unique to each statue and I would have to return the whole thing. Like drilling a new hole is hard. :/
When asked about shipping it back, I was told if anything breaks or the light dont work, I would lose my NRD.

In the end I decided not to risk any shipping damages and just kept it.

And now after seeing pieces I bought for retail or more (as sold out pieces) over a year ago showing up for almost half price.

Think I'm pretty much done with pre-ordering anything. Way too many horror stories from different companies now.

No, don't mind me, you should be consistent after all. If this were a chronicle thread we would already have 5 pages of you moaning about it so get to it.

Yeah you're right, you should be consistent as well then. So once I post something remotely negative I expect to see about 15 whiney fan girl replies about how I'm a "trollz" for saying negative things. Lmao. :lol

After hearing that they are making this in XM factory I just had to order him(clean version), luckily I found EU retailer who had couple left.

When asked to be sent a proper base...I was told that bases are unique to each statue and I would have to return the whole thing. Like drilling a new hole is hard. :/
When asked about shipping it back, I was told if anything breaks or the light dont work, I would lose my NRD.

Oh come on, that's terrible.

I'm hoping for the best, bought the regular version. Hope we get this by Jan-Feb and not summer time.
Looks like shipping in Jan-Feb is possible because we gonna get the shipping invoice by the end of the week.

News from PCS Facebook page:
Alrighty, just finished our meeting with our shipping reps around the 10 statues we have leaving China this month meaning they would ship from our warehouse January/February depending on boat speed/timing. Worked out a deal where we can lock in 2017 shipping rates for these products if paid in advance. So we are going to offer this to anyone that has these products on order and wants to pay now for the 2017 rates. Totally voluntary of course, but I think we all remember how shipping prices went up last year.

So I’m going to scramble with the team to get shipping costs and final invoices out for the products below. These invoices will expire 12/29 for the current 2017 shipping rates. Again this will be voluntary as you can still wait to pay when the products arrive in our warehouse but it will be at the 2018 ship rates.

Also we got complaints that it wasn’t fair Alex was able to use his personal factory contact to get Darkness early. So....for these 10 statues anyone that takes advantage of the 2016 shipping rate will be entered into a drawing to have their statue shipped directly from China with PCS paying the different in the shipping rate (not cheap shipping from China). This means you could get your statue a month or more earlier than anyone else. We will do this for each variant for people that ordered directly from PCS. And we want to be fair to the people that ordered early. So everyone will get one raffle ticket for every month they had the statue in preorder. We will do the drawings live from the new studio.

Here are the 10 either on the boat or leaving China in December:

1. Darkness
2. He-man/Battlecat
3. Ken 1:4 mm
4. Zangief Ultra
5. Ryu v-trigger
6. Chun li v-trigger
7. Conan
8. Shao Kahn
9. Sub Zero bust
10. Ryu 1:3

I opted for the war paint version and am hopeful that it turns out well. I like the other portrait, too. Given how long other PCS pieces have taken (Battlecat!), I’m surprised this one is going to be ready so “soon.”

Figured these would be sold out by now. If I didn't have Rambo
on order I'd be all over the war paint version.

I jumped on the regular version as soon as they were available. I guess some people are waiting for the 1/4 versions. I would probably get a 1/4 war paint if the pose is good.

Wow, that's really decent shipping cost, congrats on jumping early shipping.

---
Deathmarks don't come with the rain.

Back