Statue Pop Culture Shock - 1:3 1982 Schwarzenegger Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They weren't giving promised partial refunds when these things first came out. What makes you think they will now?
Why would they promise partial refunds before an item was damaged? Was there another issue as to why they might have when they first shipped out? I haven't been keeping up with this one but have gained interest since on the 21st I'm giving this company around $1600 and then will have to pay massive import duties on top.

Surely it's just good business to respond with a $20 partial or so at minimum if the entire base is possibly rising to the point the statue could fall over as someone else mentioned here. If you purchase an item you're entering into a contract to buy what you see, not something that warps, rises or damages itself not long after purchasing it.

Sure it sounds a bit ridiculous but it's the just the tone of the reply from sideshow that irks me. We have no replacements, sorry your expensive statue is leaking gas, warping and rising, cya.

Sideshow taking on PCS responsibilities seems crazy to me considering the way a lot of their own products have gone downhill the last few years.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just unrelated issues like breakages where people were supposed to be partially refunded if they decided to keep the statue.

Hey, all.
I completed the repaint of PCS Conan.

All new paint with new accurate Cammo war paint pattern.

Custom scabbard-film accurate

Weathered and camouflaged the pants.

weathered and re wrapped the boots.

New fur loincloth.

shortened sword handle, complete repaint.

extra bloody hands.
New wrist wraps
20190605_132505-01.jpg
20190605_121706-01.jpg20190605_121312-01.jpg20190605_121321-01.jpg20190605_131909-01.jpg

Congrats Brian, you have really done a amazing job making the piece better/more movie accurate.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm happy with how it turned out. I feel like if I did it again I could do a bit better. Trying to convince my wife to let me buy another....lol

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I was finally able to track one of these down and couldn't be more excited. There's an old-school vibe to this piece that works in its favor. And I really love the factory paint; though it may not be film-accurate, the crazy contrast between white and black gives it a stylized feel that makes it pop. Add to that the exaggerated blue eyes, which seem closer to Howard's description of the character than Arnold, and the piece just sings. It's so minimal in its design, yet so powerful.

Having that said, I'd like to make some mixed media mods to take this up a notch.

How hard is it to replace the fur around his waist? Seems like there's a weak adhesive holding the ends together. Would I need to remove the belt to do this, or can I slip the old fur out from beneath the belt and get the new fur in the same way?

Lastly, what should I look out for when replacing the leather straps around his boots? Does removing them leave any residue on the boot?

PXL-20220701-160637175.jpg

PXL-20220701-160651963.jpg

Got some bits and bobs to spiffy up the base. About $15 worth of fabrics from a craft store, plus a miniature brass chalice I picked up from Etsy to place near Conan's feet as if he just knocked it over. Trying to evoke the floor from Thulsa Doom's palace of love, so I picked colors and patterns that felt like they could exist in that setting.

Is it too busy? Should anything be removed? Are there any colors that might work better? How about the bare spot near his left foot? Nothing's fixed, so I can swap accessories around until I find the right balance.

PXL-20220706-164847979.jpg

PXL-20220706-164859577.jpg

I was also toying with the notion of buying some wine-colored Sculpey to sculpt a puddle of liquid coming out of the chalice -- would rather a solid removable puddle than paint on the base -- but that wouldn't work with the carpet. Maybe once I replace the waist fur and bootstraps with darker ones, the statue will have enough contrast that I can keep the base bare with only the chalice and wine spill.

I think it looks awesome so far. The “spilled” liquid puddle of wine would put it over the top in my opinion. Go for it.

Ha! Let me dig this up again and say I finally got this. The Arrow 4k announcement hyped me up.

Always thought the paint looked off on War paint version so I didn’t order.

Glad I got this. Paints are fine to me and everything looks great. Glad I got this. Very happy with the purchase.

Ha! Let me dig this up again and say I finally got this. The Arrow 4k announcement hyped me up.

Always thought the paint looked off on War paint version so I didn’t order.

Glad I got this. Paints are fine to me and everything looks great. Glad I got this. Very happy with the purchase.
Congratulations, JAWS!

Did the Destroyer concept for PCS' upcoming 1/2 statue have anything to do with your decision to purchase this one? 😁Which version did you get?

I'm still curious how PCS' new Conan will turn out and whether they'll have any Barbarian variants, but this one has an undeniably strong pose. It stands out beautifully in a collection, especially if you live and breathe the film.

PS: Thanks for mentioning that Arrow release, I'd have totally missed it. Dolby Atmos, that'll be a trip. The lossless isolated score is intriguing as well, I can watch the movie like the opera it is. 🤌

Congratulations, JAWS!

Did the Destroyer concept for PCS' upcoming 1/2 statue have anything to do with your decision to purchase this one? 😁Which version did you get?
War paint for the win :)

It really was the Excitement for the Arrow video. Personally I always preferred the theatrical cut and I hated the princess being added to the final confrontation and burning of mount doom. It was worse for me then Greedo shooting first :LOL:
I'm still curious how PCS' new Conan will turn out and whether they'll have any Barbarian variants, but this one has an undeniably strong pose. It stands out beautifully in a collection, especially if you live and breathe the film.
Alternate versions may sell me but anything not from the first film will be an easy pass.
PS: Thanks for mentioning that Arrow release, I'd have totally missed it.
Glad I was there for you brother!!!
Dolby Atmos, that'll be a trip. The lossless isolated score is intriguing as well, I can watch the movie like the opera it is. 🤌
Conan the Barbarian had a bigger impact on me as an early teen than any other movie ever. I was 11 when I saw it in theaters and I started collecting the comics.

Then it came on HBO and my fandom went through the roof. It was then that I noticed the amazing score and ran out and got it the next day. Easily the most listened to music of any kind for me.

The International cut really dampened my love for the film. I jus hated that ending and how IMO the music did not line up as perfectly as the theatrical cut for the burning of the ant of power.

Man I love this statue !!

Anybody else’s War Paint base kind of rock backwards?

Anybody else’s War Paint base kind of rock backwards?
Oof, you might want to check under your base to see if it's expanded and/or there's a bubble under the label. Some folks had this issue due to air being trapped inside. There's more info further back in this thread.

Back