Statue Pop Culture Shock - 1:3 1982 Schwarzenegger Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So basically take the most Famous Barbarian, and on of the Most Famous people on the planet at the time

I don't think many people outside the bodybuilding circles —where admittedly the guy was a legend already— actually knew Arnold at the time. Titles such as 'Hercules in New York' 13 years before or 'The Villain' in 1979 were hardly blockbusters. :)

Edit: Unless you mean a cult growing in the years followingthe release.

Plus an excellent score by Basil Poledouris!

Indeed. Such a magnificent score.

Actually no, he was already a well known figure as a body builder because of all the wins in Mr. Olympia and while Conan propelled him into something else, an action star, he was already quite famous. Especially after Pumping Iron, 1977 and a little known fact he had already won golden globe for New Male Star of the Year in 1976 for his role in Stay Hungry. After Conan though he exploded.
I don't think many people outside the bodybuilding circles —where admittedly the guy was a legend already— actually knew Arnold at the time. Titles such as 'Hercules in New York' 13 years before or 'The Villain' in 1979 were hardly blockbusters. :)

Edit: Unless you mean a cult growing in the years followingthe release.

Indeed. Such a magnificent score.
Actually no, he was already a well known figure as a bidy builder because of all the wins in Mr. Olympia and while Conan propelled him into something else, an action star, he was already quite famous. Especially after Pumping Iron, 1977 and a little known fact he had already won golden globe for New Male Star of the Year in 1976 for his role in Stay Hungry

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

Actually no, he was already a well known figure as a body builder because of all the wins in Mr. Olympia and while Conan propelled him into something else, an action star, he was already quite famous. Especially after Pumping Iron, 1977 and a little known fact he had already won golden globe for New Male Star of the Year in 1976 for his role in Stay Hungry. After Conan though he exploded.

I still don't think he was "one of the Most Famous people on the planet at the time". A celeb in the US? Perhaps. :dunno

I still don't think he was "one of the Most Famous people on the planet at the time". A celeb in the US? Perhaps. :dunno

He was young with a Herculean physique plastered all over the place, this was the beginning of his rise to celebrity status in the states.

It almost doesn't matter if he wasn't in the rest of the world...(were his celebrity status is concerned).

Playing Conan was a huge role for him, still a great movie all these years later.

Became a Kennedy and Govenor of California, gotta love Arnold for living the dream. :lol

Saw Conan opening night in the Spring of 1982-my friends and I were blown away. Milius treated the material with such respect-to this day, it is one of my all time favorite movies. The other aspect is that it launched the greatest summer (for me anyway) of movies-Poltergeist, Tron, Wrath of Khan, Road Warrior, ET, The Thing, Rocky III and my favorite film of all time Blade Runner. My ass was in theater seats at least twice a week just for repeated viewings of these films.

Interested in this piece but already have like a zillion Conan statues. It needs to be really good for me to bite, but I am definitely going to keep an eye on it.

Jerry over at SF:

Paul at Chronicle is a good friend of mine so i dont mind promoting his company and his Conan pieces.

He is going to be doing some amazing 1:6-1:4 stuff.

Im only interested in doing one piece. the ultimate 1:3 Conan with Acrylic eyes and no expense spared.

We are both using scans of Arnold.

Arnold scans and acrylic eyes, yay.

dvd_conan.jpg

If they can pull it off it'll really be impressive.

Conan2_1789755i.jpg

I always liked this look more thugh.

Back