Poll: Of all the Metal Gear Solid games, which is your favorite? *Spoiler Warning*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Of all the Metal Gear Solid games, which is your favorite?

• Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater/Subsistence

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty/Substance

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Metal Gear Solid (PSX)

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Metal Gear Acid

• Metal Gear Acid 2

• Other

• Total voters
nothing beats the original mgs for psx, the twin snake was a good remake but some of the cutscenes were a little too much, like when snake's gonna fight vulcan raven for the 2nd time, raven starts firing and snake does a prince of persialike wallrun????:dunno it would be great to have a remake with the exact same scenes, dialogue, ect.

MGS1 (psx) is my best videogame memory. Best main character, best plot and best villains ever.
MGS3 is a close second!

Fair enough. Thanks for the response.

No problem. I see everyone loves MSG3.

That game is one game I wouldn't mind having an update for. Going back to MGS3 from 4 which is what I'm doing now, shows you how much the stiff camera hurts the gameplay especially in the wooded area. Sneaking up on the End is one of the most grueling things you'll ever have to do in a game because he is often right in front of you but you can't swing the camera round until he's already seen you.

Is it coming out for the 3DS? I haven't been following it that much and I heard a rumour for a Metal Gear 3D which is for the new DS system.

Only thing i disliked about the twin snakes remake was they changed the last line of psycho mantis' death speech and I didn't much care for new VO actor for gray fox(cyborg ninja) other than that I loved it and played the heck out of it.

Voted for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. Sadly, I don't have a PS3 (only a PSP), so I can't tell how good MGS3 & MGS4 were..

One thing to note is that MGS:pW for the PSP is revolutionizing handheld gaming experience! It has good depth, and there are a lot of things to do outside the Main missions (which is awesome for a handheld gamer).

Also, I'm a fan of bearded Snakes, so Big Boss Snake was awesome! :rock

metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-big-boss-artwork.jpg

peace.png

metal_gear_solid_big_boss_pack.jpg

Snake Eater for sure, Subsistence is the second version with the fixed camera view right?, i have both well..i think i gave the original version to my girlfriend years ago.

Last edited:
MGS 3 is definitely my favourite Game,i can't rank the rest...they are all good.

Not played the old NES games,Acid or twin snakes though.

I still haven't played Twin Snakes. It was on my to get list when I first got my GC years ago but the only place I ever saw it at was Gamestop used without the cover art or instruction manuel and they still wanted $29.99 for it.

MGS1 because its a classic. It was hard to choose between that and MGS3 since everything from the gameplay to the story is perfect in both games.

I still haven't played Twin Snakes. It was on my to get list when I first got my GC years ago but the only place I ever saw it at was Gamestop used without the cover art or instruction manuel and they still wanted $29.99 for it.

It was the first game I got with my Gamecube and I was so disappointed, I went out like the next day and got RE4. And never looked back.

It was the first game I got with my Gamecube and I was so disappointed, I went out like the next day and got RE4. And never looked back.

I have a mint copy of TTS that I only played only once, because I don't have a Gamecube. I'll probably never play it (at least, any time soon), so, for now, I'm just keeping it as a collector's item.

MGS1 is the best one.

I really think everything else after that made it too complicated. All these camo indexes and eating animals to stay healthy and sneezing if you stay out too long. Technically speaking, it's ingenious, but it made it more of a hassle for me playing it.

Yeah, I was also disappointed almost immediately once I started playing Twin Snakes. It could have been a great game if improving the graphics was all they (Silicon Knights) did, but they made some weird changes and decisions with this one.

*They made Snake a ninja capable of feats that almost rival Neo from the first Matrix. This also relates directly with the overdirected cutscenes, which were too much like a bad action movie.

*They re-recorded all the dialogue. Most of the same cast from the original MGS reprised their roles, but they didn't sound into it, like they were phoning it in. They dropped Mei Ling's cute accent too.

*They changed certain lines of dialogue. One example would be Otacon's prideful remark about his Metal Gear design. In the original MGS, he says "I like to think of it as a character flaw" when speaking of an odd flaw in his Rex design (from what I remember), but in Twin Snakes he says "I like to think of it as a design flaw". That change totally takes away a part of his character and his obsessive fondness with his metal gear desgn.

*Arguably including the first-person firing mechanic from MGS2 breaks some of the boss battles and makes the combat in the game less interesting.

What a shame. Those are my complaints.

MGS1 is the best one.

I really think everything else after that made it too complicated. All these camo indexes and eating animals to stay healthy and sneezing if you stay out too long. Technically speaking, it's ingenious, but it made it more of a hassle for me playing it.

I mostly agree with you. I had fun with eating animals and using camo.

What wasn't fun was going to the menu changing to leaf then back to woodland every time you crawled over two feet of mud.

Back