Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If those were painted as well as the green ivy it would be a difficult choice. I picked up a flesh color EX to possibly have repainted in the future as I think you might be right if given the same level of paintwork.

I was one of the lucky few who got a really good paint application on my OG PF... The only difference between it and the prototype was the face paint is more flat and doesn't quite pop like the prototype did, but that's pretty typical of statues... it's easier to fix on the green ivy's as you have the bright green to make her stand out more..

Even with a good paint app, the original colors were quite muted also compared to the green. Base, hair, pretty much everything has a more vibrant paint color used.

IMG_1041.jpg
IMG_1042.jpg

Nice pics, may I ask where you got the miniature spotlight under catwoman from? Any pics with it lit up?

Man I just love the Detolfs. All glass is always the best look. Really wish they'd make em bigger so that they'd be perfect for PF's. I only have a new Doom PF sitting on the glass shelf though cause I've always been afraid of the weight on some others. Dooms really light. Catwomans sort of heavy, how long have you had it on there. You're pretty confident in its strength?

Catwoman is within the recommended weight limit, I have Power Girl on mine which is 1kg lighter still than Catwoman (5.5 and 4.5kg respectively)

Right on. Yeah I'm not so much afraid of the glass breaking but more of the welding breaking over years of time. Just being extra cautious though.

I bought the older version of this statue a while back and had it in storage until recently when I finally remembered I had it, I had to put it in storage when it was first delivered because I was between jobs and in the middle of moving, and so I never got a chance to actually open it up and display it until this past weekend.

I'm trying to get the main figure inserted in the base, and for the life of me I can't get it to line up right and it's making me feel like an idiot. Like, I can kinda get the 3 main feet/vine posts lined up, but the hole for the metal post on the tip of the left foot doesn't seem to be drilled in the right place and I can't get it to go in.

Have I been sitting on a dud this entire time? Or am I just dumb and overlooking something obvious? I can take some pics to better illustrate what I'm working with if it'll help.

I posted this same question on the Statueforum boards as well, but I figured I'd take the shotgun approach when it comes to advice, haha.

Best option is to use a blow dryer to heat up the leg and foot slightly push to line up with the peg hole. i have done it before with several pieces.
most of the time temperatures variation cause that kind of issues during transit or been in storage for a long period of time
I bought the older version of this statue a while back and had it in storage until recently when I finally remembered I had it, I had to put it in storage when it was first delivered because I was between jobs and in the middle of moving, and so I never got a chance to actually open it up and display it until this past weekend.

I'm trying to get the main figure inserted in the base, and for the life of me I can't get it to line up right and it's making me feel like an idiot. Like, I can kinda get the 3 main feet/vine posts lined up, but the hole for the metal post on the tip of the left foot doesn't seem to be drilled in the right place and I can't get it to go in.

Have I been sitting on a dud this entire time? Or am I just dumb and overlooking something obvious? I can take some pics to better illustrate what I'm working with if it'll help.

I posted this same question on the Statueforum boards as well, but I figured I'd take the shotgun approach when it comes to advice, haha.

Cool, thanks for the tip. I'll have to scrounge up a blow dryer and give it a shot.

Does anyone know where I can get an extra flower piece on the Gw/E version? One of the flowers has a broken tooth and since this is one of my favorite statues in my collection it's killing me. Any help would be much appreciated!20160707_205854.jpg

Back