Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vicente is repainting a friend's batman head for $50. His prices are good. For RS I guess he would charge $350 plus the cost of shipping to him, that's what I previously said it would be the cost of the statue itself for the repaint, not $600 for the repaint. His pricing is fair because he's an artist first and a statue repainter second. He gets more for his pieces done on canvas than for this statue work and also, he wants word to go around how good he is and this I respect (as a fellow artist). Too many people walk around like they are the **** and can't back it up and he actually has the chops. makes me want to really repaint a statue and do more than minor touch ups but I'm not there yet.

$20 an hour for a repaint is much more reasonable than the $10 an or the two of you are suggesting. Especially when they do solo pieces and not a factory paint job where they have an assembly line setup with multiple painters.

Vicente is repainting a friend's batman head for $50. His prices are good. For RS I guess he would charge $350 plus the cost of shipping to him, that's what I previously said it would be the cost of the statue itself for the repaint, not $600 for the repaint. His pricing is fair because he's an artist first and a statue repainter second. He gets more for his pieces done on canvas than for this statue work and also, he wants word to go around how good he is and this I respect (as a fellow artist). Too many people walk around like they are the **** and can't back it up and he actually has the chops. makes me want to really repaint a statue and do more than minor touch ups but I'm not there yet.
$350 is respectable and from other prices I've seen more than fair for the work he does. I paint on canvas as well and would have to say branching out is tempting but lesrning anything new is expensive these days.
$20 an hour for a repaint is much more reasonable than the $10 an or the two of you are suggesting. Especially when they do solo pieces and not a factory paint job where they have an assembly line setup with multiple painters.
I'd say thats a fair estimate depending on the painters experience and how high the quality is.

I think both Ivy statues have their merits. Personally I prefer the face on the green version a bit better. The plants look better I me on the first version. Either way, can't wait until my green version arrives!

I think both Ivy statues have their merits. Personally I prefer the face on the green version a bit better. The plants look better I me on the first version. Either way, can't wait until my green version arrives!

And that's why I don't understand how some collectors can bemoan repaints. I mean sure not every statue needs one but in cases like this it gives people who didn't like the first Ivy's paint scheme but liked the sculpt a choice. It also gives collectors who didn't get or weren't around for the first a chance to add a nice piece to their collection without it being a direct reissue of the original statue.

And that's why I don't understand how some collectors can bemoan repaints. I mean sure not every statue needs one but in cases like this it gives people who didn't like the first Ivy's paint scheme but liked the sculpt a choice. It also gives collectors who didn't get or weren't around for the first a chance to add a nice piece to their collection without it being a direct reissue of the original statue.

:goodpost:

From what I've seen so far, this repaint looks fantastic. The original is nice but this one is so vibrant. Adds a lot of color to the collection.

Now I'm thinking about other DC characters that would have repaints but the only one that comes to my is maybe batman but that's about it. I'm sure there's more but Poison Ivy recolor seems to work so well for the character.

Great vid Chris. :clap Always look forward to your reviews. Can't wait for the full review for this and the Kier print.

Thanks for sharing Chris! Always a pleasure watching your videos in 1080p. :)

She turned out Great!

You are welcome, buddy! Thanks a lot! She sure did. She looks fantastic! :)

She looks fantastic! Hope mine looks as good when I get her later today.

I sure hope so, my friend! I'm certain she will! :)

Great vid Chris. :clap Always look forward to your reviews. Can't wait for the full review for this and the Kier print.

Thank you very much! Yea, I'll try and rush the review. Let's aim for... tomorrow! :)

Loved the video...thanks Chris

Thanks a lot, my friend. You're very welcome.

Can't argue with that ...awesome vid indeed!

Thank you so much. :)

Wow! Eyes look great! Thanks ss for fixing the eyes from the last one.

Indeed! They did a way better job with this one, in my opinion.

Back