Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's like casting, but with art prints.
Reach out to the artist first and see if he sells them.
If yes, buy a nice signed print.
If no, it's up to your own judgement.
If he's a d***, then go print that s*** and hang it proudly.

I was hoping to do this as well but I'm having trouble finding a high quality pic that will print that big. Mind me asking where you got yours?

I think I saw a few pages back a guy that cut the art off the box, that's one way to go :lol

Don't know, think I'd spend more time looking at the art if it were displayed with the statue.:lol

It's like casting, but with art prints.
Reach out to the artist first and see if he sells them.
If yes, buy a nice signed print.
If no, it's up to your own judgement.
If he's a d***, then go print that s*** and hang it proudly.

I tried contacting him to buy an ivy art print but he never responded

Are artist allowed to just make their own prints of copyrighted characters and sell them?

I know one-off's are generally left alone by big companies, but I don't think the same thing applies for multiple copy prints.

Are artist allowed to just make their own prints of copyrighted characters and sell them?

I know one-off's are generally left alone by big companies, but I don't think the same thing applies for multiple copy prints.

It really depends. Most artists will make prints of art of copyrighted characters that they've done sketches of or even commissions of and they get away with because most of them sell them at Con's and it pretty much goes unnoticed. I know artists that have done pin-ups and used that pin-up as an art print. Now I did not ask if they got permission to do so, which they may have. However, I do know that for commercial art, it's a bit trickier, especially with something like this that was done as concept art and then used as box art. I don't think he's going to be selling them on the website. However, if he does a con, he might print a few and sell them there. Anything else though could land him in trouble.

I received my exclusive last Thursday N0# 284, and I'm very happy to report zero quality issues. I'm in love with this piece just cant say enough good things about it .
She is absolutely stunning and just an awesome statue all round. Well done Sideshow.:clap:clap:clap

I too contacted artgerm about commission work, but haven't heard back yet - the dude is talented!

received mine yesterday, everything looks fine with no issues except for the googly eyes! Im not sure how hard for what suppose to be "an artist" to paint symmetric eyes. when good lighting, it looks acceptable & it get worse in the shadows. will be contacting SS, but not getting my hopes up.
vama8yja.jpg

za2a9upu.jpg

e4ymeruq.jpg

eha8ehe4.jpg

Just received mine today, my Reg included three man-eating plants
Paint apps is good , besides very little googly eye issue, there is no compliant so far

Last edited:
This pic shows how the eyes should have been ( print ), and how they've actually came out ( statue ).
So far I have not seen a single statue with normal eyes. Sad, Sideshow....
1000488_10101233336151485_1293056942_n.jpg

It really depends. Most artists will make prints of art of copyrighted characters that they've done sketches of or even commissions of and they get away with because most of them sell them at Con's and it pretty much goes unnoticed. I know artists that have done pin-ups and used that pin-up as an art print. Now I did not ask if they got permission to do so, which they may have. However, I do know that for commercial art, it's a bit trickier, especially with something like this that was done as concept art and then used as box art. I don't think he's going to be selling them on the website. However, if he does a con, he might print a few and sell them there. Anything else though could land him in trouble.

Yeah, and artgerm is starting to get work from DC as a cover artist. He may not want to risk biting the hand that feeds him:lecture.

So far I have not seen a single statue with normal eyes. Sad, Sideshow....

Hmmm. To me it seems like far more of these have come out looking good in the eye department, than not. Some are better than others, which is unfortunate for the ones that aren't as good, but that's one of the qualities of handcrafted products. If you are looking for uniform, mechanical precision...this really isn't the place.

here are shots of mine- excuse the lousy cellphone quality
6h501u.jpg

And here is an extreme close up of the eyes with a flash. You can see all kinds of flaws now including the red spot by the hairline, and the sloppy brushwork over the right eye. Looks like the wash was too thin and ran.

1581uo.jpg

Am I foolish for not being livid over these flaws? Isn't the popular notion that "I paid so much for this it should be perfect"? Honestly, none of these 'issues' bother me a bit. To see these mistakes in person, you need to have your nose literally about 2" away and need it to be under an intense spotlight. I really had no clue about the wash over the right eye until after I took the picture.
I'm about 3' away from it as I type this, and in normal light it simply looks beautiful to me.

Looking at the close up pics taken with the flash, I'm actually surprised that the eyes have as much white showing under the iris as they do. If there was one tweak to the eye I could make it would be to push the iris even further up, which would give her an even more sultry look.
I don't know if I did it clear enough in this example, but this is what it would look like

2ywvnvb.jpg

This would be such a minor tweak though, that it's nowhere near worth the effort. If I can improve my skills, I will be covering up the open belly with leaves at some point- but until then I'm very happy with it as it is.
After looking at it all weekend, it's definitely my favorite SS female figure.

Hmmm. To me it seems like far more of these have come out looking good in the eye department, than not. Some are better than others, which is unfortunate for the ones that aren't as good, but that's one of the qualities of handcrafted products. If you are looking for uniform, mechanical precision...this really isn't the place.

here are shots of mine- excuse the lousy cellphone quality
6h501u.jpg

And here is an extreme close up of the eyes with a flash. You can see all kinds of flaws now including the red spot by the hairline, and the sloppy brushwork over the right eye. Looks like the wash was too thin and ran.

1581uo.jpg

Am I foolish for not being livid over these flaws? Isn't the popular notion that "I paid so much for this it should be perfect"? Honestly, none of these 'issues' bother me a bit. To see these mistakes in person, you need to have your nose literally about 2" away and need it to be under an intense spotlight. I really had no clue about the wash over the right eye until after I took the picture.
I'm about 3' away from it as I type this, and in normal light it simply looks beautiful to me.

Looking at the close up pics taken with the flash, I'm actually surprised that the eyes have as much white showing under the iris as they do. If there was one tweak to the eye I could make it would be to push the iris even further up, which would give her an even more sultry look.
I don't know if I did it clear enough in this example, but this is what it would look like

2ywvnvb.jpg

This would be such a minor tweak though, that it's nowhere near worth the effort. If I can improve my skills, I will be covering up the open belly with leaves at some point- but until then I'm very happy with it as it is.
After looking at it all weekend, it's definitely my favorite SS female figure.

She looks great. While there have been some people that do have some paint issues on theirs, the majority of these have been great. Some people just like to come on the forum and b*tch about every microscopic detail.

Back