Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I spoke with the artist who done the print, he won't sell any because he was told that sideshow may be selling the print in the future.
Let's hope it's soon.

Also, any else have a small flat spot on the end of ivys nose ?

Does this pair of eyes look off to you guys?

the lens/focal length could be introducing distortion, but yeah, those do look off a bit unfortunately. If that were mine, I would probably take the chance and repaint them if everything else looks good.

See, in the first pic they don't look bad. And that is much more of the distance you should be and likely will be viewing it from.

The last three pics are extreme, forensic close-ups. This is art, not an autopsy. View it from several feet back and it all falls into place...and you won't get hung up on meaningless imperfections.

you find the first one fine? o_O that's wandering eye for me... still waiting to get her... quite curious how ours will turn out

See, in the first pic they don't look bad. And that is much more of the distance you should be and likely will be viewing it from.

The last three pics are extreme, forensic close-ups. This is art, not an autopsy. View it from several feet back and it all falls into place...and you won't get hung up on meaningless imperfections.

Ahh i see. Thanks for the advice. Will contact Sideshow about it anyway since my exclusive came with a broken thorn :slap

1581uo.jpg

2ywvnvb.jpg

So far these are the best I seen, congrats!

you find the first one fine? o_O that's wandering eye for me... still waiting to get her... quite curious how ours will turn out

Not perfectly fine, but not nearly as bad as the extreme close ups.

If it were mine, and the rest of the paint apps looked good, I would make the attempt to repaint it at some point. If it's an EX, I wouldn't send it back over them, because it doesn't sound like SS is replacing these- only refunds.

Ahh i see. Thanks for the advice. Will contact Sideshow about it anyway since my exclusive came with a broken thorn :slap

Ok...now that sucks :(

Still, for the eyes and the broken thorn, I would settle for a $50 refund.
Neither problem is good- but their both fixable with just a little effort.

Agreed. I think if it looks fine at your normal viewing distance, that is all that matters.

I never saw a statue that change completely depending in the lighting, beside the googly eyes (which is even worse in the pics) can u believe that this is the same piece, even the mouth expression is different!
atuqeqa3.jpg

received mine yesterday, everything looks fine with no issues except for the googly eyes! Im not sure how hard for what suppose to be "an artist" to paint symmetric eyes.

It is extremely difficult to get gaze pointed directly unless the sculpting artist provides divots to help you direct the pupils; no kidding, this is NOT EASY. This is why you see so many screw-ups, because its just a beast of a thing to get right.

With that said, these guys are probably using decals or partial decals for the irises/pupils, which you'd think would help a bit - but who knows.

Back