Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened my Ivy Statue. I'll be sending it back. The paint apps are horrible. I got pieces missing paint, chips, scratches. I quit collecting. Done with SS horrible QC.

Just opened my Ivy Statue. I'll be sending it back. The paint apps are horrible. I got pieces missing paint, chips, scratches. I quit collecting. Done with SS horrible QC.

Wow! Sorry to hear this, any pics? Maybe ask for a replacement first? See if they can help you?now I'm very worried when I get mine on Monday. :panic: what to expect?.....

That's very unfortunate and I bet your livid at the situation, which you totally should be. My only thing is don't they have people inspect these pieces before they get shipped? Yeah i understand they could get a little bruised during transit but some of these paint jobs are so obvious that it's not because of transit issues. What gives Sideshow!? Can anyone explain this?

That's very unfortunate and I bet your livid at the situation, which you totally should be. My only thing is don't they have people inspect these pieces before they get shipped? Yeah i understand they could get a little bruised during transit but some of these paint jobs are so obvious that it's not because of transit issues. What gives Sideshow!? Can anyone explain this?

Cheaper Chinese factory workers + more profit - Quality Control = greed + unhappy collectors = poor business practice :cuckoo:
SS ain't the company it used to be. Quality seems to be hit or miss on every release. You need to factor all the collectors who don't visit these boards also, there is probably a lot more issues about than we hear. :lecture

Cheaper Chinese factory workers + more profit - Quality Control = greed + unhappy collectors = poor business practice :cuckoo:
SS ain't the company it used to be. Quality seems to be hit or miss on every release. You need to factor all the collectors who don't visit these boards also, there is probably a lot more issues about than we hear. :lecture

Hit the nail right on the head with this post. :goodpost:

My poison ivy came out perfect...well to me anyway. the only thing i can complain about is that there is a very faint black fingerprint on her arm....but you can really see it unless your all up in her junk. and i have no idea how to post pics on here.........so i added an attachment....hope i did it right??

My poison ivy came out perfect...well to me anyway. the only thing i can complain about is that there is a very faint black fingerprint on her arm....but you can really see it unless your all up in her junk. and i have no idea how to post pics on here.........so i added an attachment....hope i did it right??

seems like a really pronounced mark though. If you're not returning her, get a $30 partial refund or $35 credit back from SS. What I'd do anyway.

Some guys have had some luck getting stuff off like that with an eraser I think.

That sucks bro sorry to hear it, but you can't quit over this, not with all the awesome stuff that's coming, yea it sucks to get these issues but at least on the bright side sideshow takes care of the problems, atleast on my experience, just contact them, have them make it right for you and keep on being a geek... Errr... Collecting :wink1:

That sucks bro sorry to hear it, but you can't quit over this, not with all the awesome stuff that's coming, yea it sucks to get these issues but at least on the bright side sideshow takes care of the problems, atleast on my experience, just contact them, have them make it right for you and keep on being a geek... Errr... Collecting :wink1:

More and more its hard to trust with a fully sculpted piece from SS that you will get a flawless one. I am doing my best to steer clear if at all possible. A lot of headaches.

geek-pride_logo_gilsdorf.jpg

Had an 11x17 print made of the control art for this piece, looks stunning displayed next to her! PS forgive the iPhone pic!

1000488_10101233336151485_1293056942_n.jpg

I was hoping to do this as well but I'm having trouble finding a high quality pic that will print that big. Mind me asking where you got yours?

Back