Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent a good $700 getting mine repainted, so maybe if you're willing to invest a bit more than just the statue cost it'd be worth it =)

Okay ty guys. So i will wait until i get her for a fair price but without this strange eyes and spend more money :) I think her is worth it.

I noticed while pulling poison ivy down to package her back up for moving. This statue looks so much better displayed eye level and below.

So I've got a problem. I bought the Sideshow Premium Format Poison Ivy from Sideshow's website back in 2013 when I was very irresponsible with my money, knowing that I wouldn't have the space to display it but figuring I would buy it and display it later when I had room. Like an idiot, I didn't immediately inspect it when I received it, and it sat in storage.

After opening it, the peg for the back foot doesn't line up anywhere close to the peg hole in the base, so there's no way to put the statue together. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I should do? Like, do I need to drill out a new peg hole? If so, any suggestions on drill bits/sizes, suggestions on how to do it, any info I'd need so I don't mess this thing up.

I figure I don't have a lot of recourse with Sideshow at this stage since I bought the statue 6 years ago. I know the lesson here is to always inspect stuff when I receive it, and I make sure to do that with new Sideshow stuff I buy.

ExR9DaK.jpg

0qJLhEA.jpg

3GL4rOn.jpg

That's harsh. There's really only a few things I can think of...

1 - You can simply cut the metal pin off the foot and hope that the statue doesn't shake or fall over. Since the pin is a stabilizer/balancer and not an actual rod, it's possible that you won't need it. But it's risky in that all you'd have left is the one rod on the main foot to hold up the statue.

2 - You could drill another hole in the base. But then you risk cracking the base and its paint, and if the feet are warped already so that the pin is off center then the statue might stand awkwardly.

3 - You could try slowly bending out the leg by wedging something in between the feet over the course of a few months. Think of it like teeth bracers - just incrementally put a bigger and bigger spacer in between the legs until they've stretched far enough apart. But then since it's not an exact fix, you risk stretching the legs off center and you'd be back to square-one with your problem.

4 - You could contact a customizer who repaints and fixes statues. It'll be expensive, but they would be able to fix the statue professionally. They could even do repaints and touch ups for you if there's anything else wrong with the statue that you can see (for an extra fee). Try looking up Vince-Vell and see what he might have in mind. If anything, contact him to see if he has any suggestions about what you could do on your own =)

Good luck!

That's harsh. There's really only a few things I can think of...

1 - You can simply cut the metal pin off the foot and hope that the statue doesn't shake or fall over. Since the pin is a stabilizer/balancer and not an actual rod, it's possible that you won't need it. But it's risky in that all you'd have left is the one rod on the main foot to hold up the statue.

2 - You could drill another hole in the base. But then you risk cracking the base and its paint, and if the feet are warped already so that the pin is off center then the statue might stand awkwardly.

3 - You could try slowly bending out the leg by wedging something in between the feet over the course of a few months. Think of it like teeth bracers - just incrementally put a bigger and bigger spacer in between the legs until they've stretched far enough apart. But then since it's not an exact fix, you risk stretching the legs off center and you'd be back to square-one with your problem.

4 - You could contact a customizer who repaints and fixes statues. It'll be expensive, but they would be able to fix the statue professionally. They could even do repaints and touch ups for you if there's anything else wrong with the statue that you can see (for an extra fee). Try looking up Vince-Vell and see what he might have in mind. If anything, contact him to see if he has any suggestions about what you could do on your own =)

Good luck!

I would go with option 1 - I have the green with envy version, and it doesn't even have the peg for the back leg - there should be a larger peg for her other foot that supports the main weight of the statue. I'm guessing this will be sufficient to support the statue safely, since they chose to omit it for the GwE version.

Even though it's expensive, I would go with option 4 if you can, as then you can have one that's even better than the original with redone paint. Also I have the green with envy, I had no idea they changed the way it keys into the base. I'm not sure if be comfortable cutting the pin off as it was there for a reason

Thanks for the suggestions! I've been leaning towards slowly drilling out a new hole with a dremel, but I'm not committed to that yet.

If I were to remove the metal pin, how would I even go about doing that? I mean, it's not exactly a small pin. I can take some more pics if it would help.

Edit-- as I'm looking at some unboxing videos on youtube, it looks like the peg hole on my statue's base is in the right spot, so it's the leg that's not right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jEd-81dYUQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b03458_LgLQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoRuM-w4Sh0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHfUgrhTmsk

I fixed it! I used a hairdryer to soften the polystone/resin and gradually moved the foot into place, got the pegs to slot in where they needed to be, and everything is stable. Thank you guys for the help!

I fixed it! I used a hairdryer to soften the polystone/resin and gradually moved the foot into place, got the pegs to slot in where they needed to be, and everything is stable. Thank you guys for the help!

Congrats on the successful repair, had to do the same thing with my old Wonder Woman PF a while back(it was even more off than yours). A heat gun is a good tool to have for a statue collector.

Congrats on the successful repair, had to do the same thing with my old Wonder Woman PF a while back(it was even more off than yours). A heat gun is a good tool to have for a statue collector.

Just a word of caution ...a heat gun is too powerful when heating up a statue. You run the risk of overheating a statue with it. I find a hair dryer is perfect for this repair as it provides a more gradual heating.

Just a word of caution ...a heat gun is too powerful when heating up a statue. You run the risk of overheating a statue with it. I find a hair dryer is perfect for this repair as it provides a more gradual heating.

Depends on the heat gun, they have adjustable ones if you can't control it yourself as well as accessories to get the heat right where you want it and only where you want it. I would never use a hair dryer after having a gun.

67L88Stingray said:
Depends on the heat gun, they have adjustable ones if you can't control it yourself as well as accessories to get the heat right where you want it and only where you want it. I would never use a hair dryer after having a gun.

Ok then. For those that don't have a heat gun and the extra accessories to control the heat ...save yourself the money ...a hair dryer is good enough.

Ok then. For those that don't have a heat gun and the extra accessories to control the heat ...save yourself the money ...a hair dryer is good enough.

It's good enough sometimes. I'd rather have the best option. People spending thousands on statues I think can afford $50 or whatever for a better tool for the job. I've used mine countless times and a even few where a hairdryer wouldn't work.

It's good enough sometimes. I'd rather have the best option. People spending thousands on statues I think can afford $50 or whatever for a better tool for the job. I've used mine countless times and a even few where a hairdryer wouldn't work.

That's the point, tho ...a heat gun is not the best tool for this. A hair dryer allows you a more gradual heat up of the statue which is what you want. You want to heat the statue just enough to make the fix ...to limit the risks and not over heat the statue. The heat gun is overkill. It's like using a sledgehammer for a 2 inch nail.

Even I have a heat gun for when I fix things around the house ...or when I modify my stereo system in my cars ...etc ...but I don't use my heat gun for this fix. Not necessary.

Back