Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CBG plays all of you like a fiddle. If you guys haven't figured out that it's all an act by now....

He's not smart enough to spell fiddle let alone play one.

Unless that was a joke too. Anyone ever buy anthing from him?

I tried once, but my offer was admittedly low.

Thats a good thing. You may have ended up with a statue stained by dog slobber

I'd rather put my money in stocks to be honest. Flipping can't make THAT much money.

What he sells for now-a-days, would you consider flipping? :dunno

Doom_zps8c7ef866.png

To buy solely for flipping or treating expenditure on collectibles as investment is / has always been debatable.

What he sells for now-a-days, would you consider flipping? :dunno

Doom_zps8c7ef866.png

To buy solely for flipping or treating expenditure on collectibles as investment is / has always been debatable.

While definitely the extreme, honestly how long can you survive on the $2000 you got from Doom? You would have to own a lot of Dooms to make it worth while as an investment, and since Doom is the rare example, how profitable can this hobby be as an investment?

Personally I like a statue to at least keep its value and/or increase in value a bit simply so I can justify the purchase and know if I ever needed the money for something else it's still there by selling the statue. Increasing a lot is just a bonus and unexpected.

While definitely the extreme, honestly how long can you survive on the $2000 you got from Doom? You would have to own a lot of Dooms to make it worth while as an investment, and since Doom is the rare example, how profitable can this hobby be as an investment?

Personally I like a statue to at least keep its value and/or increase in value a bit simply so I can justify the purchase and know if I ever needed the money for something else it's still there by selling the statue. Increasing a lot is just a bonus and unexpected.

Yeah Doom is a rare example. I doubt we will ever see something like that again now to be honest with es sizes so much higher & it seems SS are going to be revisiting the big names a lot more often judging from these past 6 months or so

Exactly, I'd rather read one good book on stocks rather than 100 books flipping statues

I own the original Ivy EX. Unfortunately she's boxed until I can make a suitable display for her. I really like the Green with Envy Ivy too. I decided today to open up and re-inspect my original Ivy because I couldn't remember if I had any issues with the paint apps on her face/eyes, as a lot of them had a "dead" look in her eyes because of bad paint. I was hoping to dissuade myself from wanting the new one. Good news and bad news. My Ivy paints look amazing, similar to prototype, and I absolutely love her. Bad news, I now want the Green Ivy even more.

I own the original Ivy EX. Unfortunately she's boxed until I can make a suitable display for her. I really like the Green with Envy Ivy too. I decided today to open up and re-inspect my original Ivy because I couldn't remember if I had any issues with the paint apps on her face/eyes, as a lot of them had a "dead" look in her eyes because of bad paint. I was hoping to dissuade myself from wanting the new one. Good news and bad news. My Ivy paints look amazing, similar to prototype, and I absolutely love her. Bad news, I now want the Green Ivy even more.

You are in the same situation as me, my friend. My original is boxed up as well. Just buy both, that's what I did :lol. You can always sell her/trade her if you decide you don't want both.

You are in the same situation as me, my friend. My original is boxed up as well. Just buy both, that's what I did :lol. You can always sell her/trade her if you decide you don't want both.

After reviewing my original, and seeing how great she turned out, I know it's only a matter of time before I pull the trigger on the new Ivy. I really like her.

Back