Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's two pics I probably need to get better pics. around the heel there is some lose paint pieces that kind of feel like fiber glass they can be moved back and forth. would you guys be made at that or am I making too much out of it. spent almost 500 on it and didn't tell me any damage was on it. do you think I could get my money back out of it if it was resold.

Buyer's don't need insurance; shipping insurance is for the seller - buyer's 'insurance' is eBay/paypal. Chances are (considering how automated eBay is with the claims processing) if he files a SNAD (not as described), he'll be asked to return the item (with tracking OR signature confirmation depending on value) and then he'll get a full refund upon the item showing as delivered.

If the seller HAS shipping insurance, he'd have to request pictures of damages prior to the buyer shipping it back and file it with the shipper (UPS, FedEX, USPS) and wait for that to process. If it's shipped back BEFORE a claim is filed, the insurance is void.

Yep! :exactly: buyers always win on eBay! Couldn't the seller now still contact SS to send you a replacement since he is the original buyer? Ask him to try it first.

here's two pics I probably need to get better pics. around the heel there is some lose paint pieces that kind of feel like fiber glass they can be moved back and forth. would you guys be made at that or am I making too much out of it. spent almost 500 on it and didn't tell me any damage was on it. do you think I could get my money back out of it if it was resold.

I can see the small chip in the first picture; though I likely wouldn't have looked that closely at my own statue haha :)

What do you mean something is loose? From the second picture, it looks like it's totally fine. You can't see the chip at all...and honestly, looking at mine right now, you're never, ever going to be looking that closely UNDERNEATH the heel.

I mean, does it really bug you? Is something about it making you feel like something more will crumble or fall apart? If so, then it may be worth looking into, as you want to do it sooner than later; however, if the chip is all that's wrong with it and everything else is totally fine...unless that second picture is lying to me, it looks totally fine when placed on the base.

As for reselling it...well, that'll depend on how hard they are to come by down the road, the demand, and whether or not someone else cares about it. I'd take better pictures of it (less blur) to showcase how it looks when standing on the base the way it should be...if it's fine there, then you'd just mention that "There's a minor chip (show picture); However, when you place it on the base, voila, gone."

I mean, I'm sure you may have people ask for a bit of a discount, but I mean, it's beyond early to be worrying about the reselling market, and it's hard to tell where things will land with it all. Personally, I'm sure there will be plenty of people looking for this in a couple of years and I'm sure you could at least make your money back with it...especially if it looks as fine as it does when it's in the base as it looks in the second picture.

I'm sorry, but I don't see it. If you're referring to under her heel, then in my humble opinion, too nitpicky.

I'm sorry, but I don't see it. If you're referring to under her heel, then in my humble opinion, too nitpicky.

Yeah I don't see much of an issue. I think mine had some white powder in the slot where the heel goes.

Also in light of all all the ebay talk I do sell a lot on there and I have started noticing a trend where a lot of buyers r getting ultra picky and demanding refunds and partial refunds saying that's what ss would do. As someone who has collected for most of my life the statue business is rarely perfect.

its not a small chip its the whole bottom heel, do you guys have paint on that heel? the only problem you guys have is that it cant be seen when placed on the stand. but the outer edge of it is worn aswell. when I looked at it when I took it out of the box it had tiny paint pieces dangling from it connected by small fibers. would you guys pay 500 dollars for it?

its not a small chip its the whole bottom heel, do you guys have paint on that heel? the only problem you guys have is that it cant be seen when placed on the stand. but the outer edge of it is worn aswell. when I looked at it when I took it out of the box it had tiny paint pieces dangling from it connected by small fibers. would you guys pay 500 dollars for it?

No not with that big chip. My humble opinion. I'm not picky either.

Yeah I don't see much of an issue. I think mine had some white powder in the slot where the heel goes.

Also in light of all all the ebay talk I do sell a lot on there and I have started noticing a trend where a lot of buyers r getting ultra picky and demanding refunds and partial refunds saying that's what ss would do. As someone who has collected for most of my life the statue business is rarely perfect.

Yeah, I only sold a couple of statues on eBay. I'm always worried that the piece I'm selling will get ridiculously scrutinized. If peeps look hard enough, they can always find a flaw on hand painted pieces. Not to mention you can get an ahole who purchases and swaps your mint statue with a broken one he already owns and then claim yours arrived damaged. That's why I always insure my stuff and also ship with signature confirmation (can't have buyers claiming they aren't receiving my merch). I never give partial refunds because I know the condition of the statue when I send it out. That means it was damaged in shipping or the buyer is pulling a scam. Thankfully, only one person I have sold to had a damage claim. I told him it was insured and I'd offer him a refund. The damage was minor. He fixed it with some crazy glue and said all was good. Ironically, the only negative feedback I ever received on eBay came from a dbag who was pissed because I wouldn't waive the signature confirmation on a statue he bought. He worked during the delivery attempts so he wound up having to pick up his statue from his local UPS facility. Dealing with peeps like him on eBay is frustrating. :gah: That's why I usually try to sell to forum members first. I've been lucky and have had no issues with those transactions. However, eBay does end up being a necessary evil sometimes when you are trying to sell a piece.

It's honestly all a matter of what you can live with. I mean, asking us if we could live with it and showing those pictures...if everything else looked great, I probably could!

That said, I can't tell how bad this flaking paint is or how it comes off or if it's still coming off, or if there's danger of it getting worse. Do you have more pictures of that type of angle of it?

As for the base of the foot not being painted, I didn't look at mine that close but it's under her foot. Seriously, that's a minor thing SS missed in the best of areas...under her foot. Nobody will EVER look there, and even you'd have to turn the statue around and glare with a light to notice it. I mean, if you can't live knowing it's like that, then by all means go through with it; however, I can't see the chip when it's in the base, and the unpainted bottom of a foot is something I:

a) didn't notice when you first posted the picture.

b) would never think to look for because you'll never see it ever.

So unless the paint peeling or damage you spoke of is worse than the pictures indicate, you pretty much got what you paid for, as there are plenty of people who paid close to that with shipping and taxes and got worse.

If you have more pictures of the foot in the stand or how bad the peeling damage is, that COULD change things if it's still bad with the potential of getting worse over time...but as it stands, you're going to go through a lot of headaches over minor issues that you'll never actually see.

@ golden boy ,that white part isn't a part that they didn't paint its the broken part, you could see it when you took off the Styrofoam. so If you didn't see it when you opened it you don't have it. you don't have to look close at the figure to see it. but when its on its base it does hides the white part. but the outer area of the heel looks worn. as for those flakes there were on the outside edge of the heel. just parts of the under side of the heel. I don't know how you guys don't notice it in the picture.

Last edited:
@ golden boy ,that white part isn't a part that they didn't paint its the broken part, you could see it when you took off the Styrofoam. so If you didn't see it when you opened it you don't have it. you don't have to look close at the figure to see it. but when its on its base it does hides the white part. but the outer area of the heel looks worn. as for those flakes there were on the outside edge of the heel. just parts of the under side of the heel. I don't know how you guys don't notice it in the picture.

Does it make the statue undisplayable in your opinion?

I'm surprised how many pages I had to go through to see pics of her.

I wanted to see if anyone else has that gap in the root and looks like its standard

Back