Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its funny, when I get new statues I practically assault my UPS driver trying to get into his truck when he arrives I'm so giddy to unbox. CBG waits till leap year.:lol

Exactly. No way would a box with damage, not be opened right then. Takes 5 minutes. Less time to open, than him posting on multiple sites about how angry he is about the box and no replacements.

I'll never understand why boxes that have fragile written on it arrive worse than boxes that don't have that.

This might give you an idea why if you haven't already seen it. I bet all courier company's are the same :slap

[ame]https://youtu.be/jF_w7uSnOj0[/ame]

I'm just fed up with Sideshow in the sense that the last 4 pieces I've received have been damaged or defective. I have been a loyal sideshow customer for over a decade. My Ivy was clearly damaged during the factory process. Covered up with paint and then shipped to me. That's not the way to do things. I want it replaced and that's it. Ivy is a gorgeous piece and I want what I pay for. Not well send it back and we will refund you. No, I preordered it and got the exclusive because I want it. I'm willing to be a little patient for a response because I know they are dealing with more pieces. I just want them to do the right thing by me.

This might give you an idea why if you haven't already seen it. I bet all courier company's are the same :slap

https://youtu.be/jF_w7uSnOj0

Holy crap!! That's terrible, but I agree the way these boxes look sometimes this is definetly happening in all the carriers, I get packages pretty often, not just from this hobby, I have others, and I deal with ALL the carriers at one point or another.

well opened mine and it looks great, paint apps near perfect imo, eyes are dead straight, only thing is theres some dark looking scratches on the side of her left leg......think i'll just eat it and have her touched up later.....very happy with her..:yess:

well opened mine and it looks great, paint apps near perfect imo, eyes are dead straight, only thing is theres some dark looking scratches on the side of her left leg......think i'll just eat it and have her touched up later.....very happy with her..:yess:

good to hear quad. the lucky ones

Return/partial refund update:

Well, I finally got a reply back from the SS returns coordinator about my minor problem with my Ivy (paint smudges) and this is what he said.

Thank you very much for contacting the returns department with pictures of your Poison Ivy PF. We have compared your images to stock pieces and unfortunately we do not believe we could provide you with a replacement body that would be an improvement. Please keep in mind that these items are hand crafted and are as unique from one another as the characters they bring to life. We apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused you.

If you feel that you are not fully satisfied with the item you may decide to return your item for a full refund. If this is the case you will receive a separate email which includes an RMA number for your return, along with instructions and a pre-paid shipping label. Once the item is received into our warehouse, we would begin processing your exchange or refund.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Best Regards,

William Mendoza
Returns Coordinator

The text in bold is interesting. I guess they're aware of how most of the production Ivys turned out (minor to major sloppy paint issues). Most of our own in hand pics look that way as well. So I assume that if most of the Ivys look like this, then it's satisfactory to them and no replacement/partial refund will be sent out?

I was hoping for at least a partial refund, so I can use the money to buy some paint to fix my Ivy myself. But, oh well. Some of you guys that have contacted SS with problems may get the same cut and paste email that I got.

Anyways, good luck with your replacements/refunds fellow freaks!

Ok this is going to get opened tonight. Here's the box it came in by UPS. So feels good to know there's no replacements. Huh? Errr.... I will take pics of what is found very late tonight.
My ivy pf is here,

Why would you not open it the minute you get it.. Leaving it to "very late tonight" is not going to help you getting a good outcome with ss.. There are replacements available, it's just ss deciding what is valid for replacement.

Back