Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine doesn't? xD I have the reg version. Looking at everyone else's, the big plant is always on the left...

I just tried switching the EX plant heads around. They do fit, although not as nice an snug as the way they are supposed to go, but I'm not a personal fan of the look this way. So, I just switched them right back.

Drakul,
Great pics! To me, yours looks damn near perfect! all of those 'issues' I would let slide (or call up SS, bellyache about 'em and get a partial refund). I definitely wouldn't send it back hoping for a better one.

It's not the peg that is preventing it from seating properly- the rock next to the corner of the foot needs to be shaved a little to give the foot clearance. Grind that edge down a little and everything will sink in place.

Now for the bad part
Is this normal??? It looks a bit odd.
dsc2526r.jpg

This is normal. It should look like a sprouting of a new leaf from distance.

For me, the issues your piece have aren't big ones. You're looking very close to find these. Regardless of whether you keep it or send it back, inform SS of the issues. Worst case scenario you get a sweet discount on something else.​

This is why I dread attempting to re-sell anything. I understand when you are shelling out big money (especially for rare high demand pieces) you want it to be perfect and not feel like you got ripped off- but even buying these pieces new I've come to realize you need to wade into this with a hefty degree of tolerance. Fully stamped out by machine on an assembly line you could expect them to all be uniform, but casting and hand painting...just not gonna happen.

Nowadays, when I get a piece I check over a few critical areas (the portrait, head to toe from the main viewing angle, points of interest, etc) and just casually look once over the rest of it. While it's nice to step in close and check out detail- this stuff is primarily made to be appreciated from a little distance.

I'll be honest Drakul, I think yours is fine. And yes that 3rd picture is how it's supposed to look.

Drakul,
Great pics! To me, yours looks damn near perfect! all of those 'issues' I would let slide (or call up SS, bellyache about 'em and get a partial refund). I definitely wouldn't send it back hoping for a better one.

It's not the peg that is preventing it from seating properly- the rock next to the corner of the foot needs to be shaved a little to give the foot clearance. Grind that edge down a little and everything will sink in place.

This is normal. It should look like a sprouting of a new leaf from distance.

For me, the issues your piece have aren't big ones. You're looking very close to find these. Regardless of whether you keep it or send it back, inform SS of the issues. Worst case scenario you get a sweet discount on something else.

Thanks for the replies guys.
That's basically what I'm torn about because the statue is damn near perfect and I love her.
But the knick in her hair and mostly the red line on her cheek are the most jarring... the face one especially is super hard to see in the pic but it's like a long red pencil mark all across her cheek. At the same time I'm concerned that if I even do get a replacement it wouldn't be as nice because other than that there's no issues whatsoever...
Maybe I could try to erase the line on her face with rubber?

This is why I dread attempting to re-sell anything. I understand when you are shelling out big money (especially for rare high demand pieces) you want it to be perfect and not feel like you got ripped off- but even buying these pieces new I've come to realize you need to wade into this with a hefty degree of tolerance. Fully stamped out by machine on an assembly line you could expect them to all be uniform, but casting and hand painting...just not gonna happen.

Nowadays, when I get a piece I check over a few critical areas (the portrait, head to toe from the main viewing angle, points of interest, etc) and just casually look once over the rest of it. While it's nice to step in close and check out detail- this stuff is primarily made to be appreciated from a little distance.

Exactly, even on mine I found a flaw of missing paint on the to of the bottom of her shoe...but really how many people are going to come over to my place and inspect the bottom of her shoes? I didn't even see it until I was looking over every inch of her to find if there was anything. Pfft, the rest of mine is pretty much flawless. I'm not risking getting one that isn't for some paint on the bottom of a toe.

Ra's may be A-lister in terms of storyline, but visually he's uninteresting. Even Talia is kind of generic, so I'd gladly pass over them while others are made - Clayface, Red Hood, Ventriloquist, Hatter, Man-Bat, Black Mask, etc

I'd pass on all of them to have Ra's. ALL OF THEM. None of the characters you mention pose the threat that Ra's does. He's plenty interesting enough for me. Both visually and storytelling wise.

Just realize this es is 4000 totally???? It's like Hottoys es now......

Just realize this es is 4000 totally???? It's like Hottoys es now......

Honestly, what does it matter? The ugly Adam Hughes DC Cover Girls Poison Ivy of her standing there looking bored holding on to a shovel had an ES of 7,000.

The new ones they're doing like the ugly version of her in a black leather outfit aren't even numbered, so I think compared to an unlimited Ivy statue, or a ES of 7,000 statue, the Sideshow PF is pretty limited.

Honestly, what does it matter? The ugly Adam Hughes DC Cover Girls Poison Ivy of her standing there looking bored holding on to a shovel had an ES of 7,000.

The new ones they're doing like the ugly version of her in a black leather outfit aren't even numbered, so I think compared to an unlimited Ivy statue, or a ES of 7,000 statue, the Sideshow PF is pretty limited.

I humbly beg to differ. :nana: Mine's giving me fierce eco-protector realness...:rotfl

Back