Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't have to have a mixed media component to be called PF now. The 1/4 scale is enough.

Wrong. People keep forgetting that Mixed Media does not translate into fabric. It translates directly into mixed media which means Polystone + something else. If there is metal claws in a Wolverine piece that otherwise is completely sculpted it would count as a Premium Format. There are 1:4 scale Comiquettes and Maquettes as well.

I still think it's a comiquette/maquette (and an instant purchase) but let's say that the stems of her plants are made of are bendy wire or rubber or anything other than Polystone it'd fit as a PF.

People also have to remember that it might have to do with licensing. They have the Disney Premium Format license and not a Maquette license and therefore even though they have items that are 99% sculpted because of the license guidelines they have to market it as a PF.

Things aren't so cut and dry anymore.

holy crap, this is a must buy.

vs where you getting those photos from? i dont see it anywhere on sideshow's website.

Wow indeed, when can I pre-order? No need for more pics, just put the order page up.

I'm sure this is part of what we'll see for PO in the next couple of weeks leading up to the show and I'm sure that SS will ask Dave to take down the first two pics real soon as well. :lol

Wrong. People keep forgetting that Mixed Media does not translate into fabric. It translates directly into mixed media which means Polystone + something else. If there is metal claws in a Wolverine piece that otherwise is completely sculpted it would count as a Premium Format. There are 1:4 scale Comiquettes and Maquettes as well.

I still think it's a comiquette/maquette (and an instant purchase) but let's say that the stems of her plants are made of are bendy wire or rubber or anything other than Polystone it'd fit as a PF.

People also have to remember that it might have to do with licensing. They have the Disney Premium Format license and not a Maquette license and therefore even though they have items that are 99% sculpted because of the license guidelines they have to market it as a PF.

Things aren't so cut and dry anymore.
Wrong!

Make a long story short, SSC had announced that after Rhino Comiquette everything at 1/4 scale is now called Premium Format.

Only movie based statue maybe called maquettes however SSC has also made some under the Premium Format line like Thor, Captain America & BlackWidow.

Unless the scale is 1/5 or less it maybe called Comiquette or another banner name.

Every single Iron Man piece has been 1:4 and called a comiquette since the first, I guarantee you that the next Iron Man comic inspired piece will be called as such and be 1:4 no problem.

Every single Iron Man piece has been 1:4 and called a comiquette since the first, I guarantee you that the next Iron Man comic inspired piece will be called as such and be 1:4 no problem.

My X-23 statue is 1/4 and it's called a Comiquette. :D

:thwak Did u even read the comment after Rhino Comiquette? Yes some past comiquette statues has been 1/4 but SSC decide to make it straight forward (less confusion between scales), if it's 1:4 it is now called Premium Format regardless of mixed material is used or not! :lecture

Not to mention you won't find a non premium format piece that has mixed media. Mixed Media has and always will be the marker and difference between a comiquette or maquette or anything else despite scale.

Wonder what the ex would be since the head and hand seems to be sculpted together. This is definately a winner! Very nice.

Not to mention you won't find a non premium format piece that has mixed media. Mixed Media has and always will be the marker and difference between a comiquette or maquette or anything else despite scale.

Geesh! Here is SSC exact words on Rhino Comiquette! Nuff said :lecture

This is one of the last 1/4 scale comiquette pieces to be billed as a comiquette. Future 1/4 items would pinned as a Premium Format Figure.

I don't care what they call them, it's still a statue.

Scale has never been an issue with me 1/4, 1/5, 1/6 as long as I like what I see I'm buying, nothing else matters. :lecture :D

Damn straight. Statues, Hot Toys figures - if they look amazing, and they garner some sort of inspiration towards me, then they deserve to be displayed/showed off.

They should add the option for chia seeds to grow here outfit... regardless, this is too awesome to give it a second thought, insta-buy for me.

Geesh! Here is SSC exact words on Rhino Comiquette! Nuff said :lecture

:lol That doesn't automatically equate it to being a PF even though there is no mixed media. That just says there won't be any more 1:4 comiquettes. When I see a piece that is billed as a PF that has absolutely no mixed media in it within the Marvel line where there have been both then I'll concede.

As for the DCU they've been close the hip with what the license will include so I wouldn't be shocked if it falls under the Disney guise where it's all PF because of licensing especially with DC Collectibles still trying to make pieces. Marvel, LOTR, Star Wars, licenses where there have been maquettes and premium formats have and still will go under the same definition given almost a decade ago by Sideshow themselves until proven otherwise.

I don't care what they call them, it's still a statue. Scale has never been an issue with me 1/4, 1/5, 1/6 as long as I like what I see I'm buying, nothing else matters. :lecture :D

I prefer 1:4 scaled pieces but I will admit that their other scales are really pumping out fantastic pieces where it is severely tempting.

:lol That doesn't automatically equate it to being a PF even though there is no mixed media. That just says there won't be any more 1:4 comiquettes. When I see a piece that is billed as a PF that has absolutely no mixed media in it within the Marvel line where there have been both then I'll concede.

As for the DCU they've been close the hip with what the license will include so I wouldn't be shocked if it falls under the Disney guise where it's all PF because of licensing especially with DC Collectibles still trying to make pieces. Marvel, LOTR, Star Wars, licenses where there have been maquettes and premium formats have and still will go under the same definition given almost a decade ago by Sideshow themselves until proven otherwise.

^^ are u kidding me Mike? Regardless what you think, your wrong even if you don't want to believe it. The poison ivy will be one of the best fully sculpted "Premium Formats" made to date! I can't wait to order her!

By the way have you seen the 1:4 PF of the fully sculpted Spider Woman? :wink1:

3001251_press01-001.jpg

Last edited:
Back