Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still waitin for mine to convert, hopefully :). Try to be optimistic that this will turn out nice.

^^ What so new about these pics?
The pics themselves are.

I guess this is a production piece. If so, it's still not as good as the SDCC prototype (which wasn't a realistic expectation, I guess), but it's much better than what we saw in recent European conventions. At least she's looking straight.

The pics themselves are.

I guess this is a production piece. If so, it's still not as good as the SDCC prototype (which wasn't a realistic expectation, I guess), but it's much better than what we saw in recent European conventions. At least she's looking straight.
It looks exactly like the prototype. What part are you seeing differently?

The eyes. Don't get me wrong, though - I'll be happy if mine turns out like that.
Still not following. The eyes looks the same from what I can tell. I'd need a larger production picture to better compare though.

300220_press02.jpg
poisonivypfprod2.jpg

Yea the eyes definitely look to be shaped differently. Its either that or the difference in paint app gives them a compltely different look. Either way you can't expect the production to be exactly like the prototype in every aspect, it's just the nature of the business.

If it comes out like in the recent pic... :clap

Still not following. The eyes looks the same from what I can tell.

Well they don't to me.

poison1f.jpg

I'm perfectly aware these pics have different lighting (and resolution), so this in no way is a 100% 'See?', but the proto's eyes had something sultrier about them.

Again, it looks like a nice paint job though, a much better one than what I feared after that German convention, and I'll be happy to receive one like that.

Yea the eyes definitely look to be shaped differently. Its either that or the difference in paint app gives them a compltely different look. Either way you can't expect the production to be exactly like the prototype in every aspect, it's just the nature of the business.

If it comes out like in the recent pic... :clap

My feelings exactly.

Hmm though one aspect that does kinda bug me a bit is the fact that the eye colour has been lost.

There was a clear difference of colour in the prototype but the production piece seems to have lost the contrast. LAME! I think it would've added a lot to the piece.

Well they don't to me.

poison1f.jpg

I'm perfectly aware these pics have different lighting (and resolution), so this in no way is a 100% 'See?', but the proto's eyes had something sultrier about them.

Again, it looks like a nice paint job though, a much better one than what I feared after that German convention, and I'll be happy to receive one like that.

My feelings exactly.

Judging from your pic Shoo I would say it is mainly her left (our right) eye that is the problem. In the proto both eye lids are down a certain amount giving it that lidded sultry look. In the production photo her left eye appears to have less of that lidded appearance then her right eye, which appears to be throwing off the entire look just a bit. I don't know if it is a problem with the way the paint was applied or the way the mold was taken....:dunno

Still looks nice though

Well they don't to me.

poison1f.jpg

I think that sultrier looks is because it's at a different angle. The production shot has been taken from an angle slightly below and to the right.

I think that sultrier looks is because it's at a different angle. The production shot has been taken from an angle slightly below and to the right.

That's not it imo - she had that same sultry look from every possible angle in the SDCC pics.

Back