Plo Koon soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh is entitled to his opinion too albeit flawed and heavily skewed. I'm just offsetting it.

dekadentdave said:
I'm entitled to my opinion too, my good friend.

Of course you are. But this thread is about Plo Koon and you are bringing your whining about Yavin Luke in here. How many times in how many different threads do we need to hear your belly aching about Yavin Luke?

:dunno

MaulFan said:
It's a collectibles forum not I hate Josh ****head!

Damn straight...If this is gonna turn into any kind of hate thread it mind as well be for that crappy Highlander movie.

pixletwin said:
Of course you are. But this thread is about Plo Koon and you are bringing your whining about Yavin Luke in here. How many times in how many different threads do we need to hear your belly aching about Yavin Luke?

:dunno

Screw you Marc.

I don't care that you don't like the figures, it just gets to be enough when the ones that don't like it and the ones that do like it start calling each other names and saying something is wrong with the other for having an opinion. You are more than valid to not like something, and Josh is more than valid to totally like it, but saying that he's wearing rose colored glasses and **** like that makes you sound egotistical that your perspective is the right one and the only one that matters, people can be happy with these figures and not having anything wrong with them to think that way, it all depends one what we want, your standard happens to be higher but it's not the only standard out there.

This one is going to be sweet.

2123_press04-001.jpg

It's been so long a wait I haven't even looked at images much or anything, the weathering and detail on the mask look real nice, and the painted spotty texture to his skin looks nice as well. Be interesting to see what poses his hands are in, since they're unique casts and not rehashes.

I think Plo should have had a better death in ROTS, he's one of the more prominent background Jedi, he looks like he'd be pretty badass, yet, they wrote him off getting stabbed in the back, he should have gone down swinging his saber like Ki-Adi, which would be another cool Jedi to make.

MaulFan said:
I think Plo should have had a better death in ROTS, he's one of the more prominent background Jedi, he looks like he'd be pretty badass, yet, they wrote him off getting stabbed in the back, he should have gone down swinging his saber like Ki-Adi, which would be another cool Jedi to make.
Amen to that. Plo is the Boba Fett of the prequels.

MaulFan said:

I actually thought Plo's death was one of the most tragic/effective of the Jedi deaths we saw. Nothing more dramatic than a person putting their implicit trust in another, only to be stabbed in the back.

You're right from that point of view Pix, and I guess the downfall of the Jedi was to be a more traumatic thing, but I think it all would have been equally powerful to see them all go down like Ki-Adi, he took out a few clones, but in the end he was no match. The Jedi were kinda built up as the strongest beings of the galaxy and quite superior to clones, so to see them all be taken down despite their best efforst would have given you a feeling of watching the Jedi and thinking "they're ****ed" instead of "oh my".

Sideshow Now Processing: 12" Plo Koon Exclusive

Yay! Processing! I'm in NY so that means I should get it in about 3 months in 4 pieces. U-P-S! U-P-S!:chew

Well, it does appear we will get to see Plo in action in the new "Clone Wars" series...he's in the new trailer, striding through a hall looking cool....

As for his death....I thought it's "matter-of-fact" quality really did give it a tragic feel...no time for reaction, nothing. Think of it...the clones sure didn't want to give much warning...they had to get in that surprise punch...or not at all.

Looking forward to this figure in a big way....

Moi aussi to all of this excitement... can't wait to add to my growing 1/6 Jedi Council.

As full as my Jedi "Monk Convention" Shelf is getting, I am still really excited to get Plo Koon, or any other alien for that matter. While I really like their work on human portraits, Sideshow has always been the best at capturing creature faces. Plo will be a most welcome addition to the collection.

I think Plo is gonna be one of the coolest in this line. The detail in the face alone will do that.

jlcmsu said:
I think Plo is gonna be one of the coolest in this line. The detail in the face alone will do that.

I agree with that. :rock

The exlusive didn't do anything for me so I cancelled mine and ordered it through Adam at DarkShadowCollectibles. I can't wait to get mine too!!!!

:chew :chew :chew

Back