Plo Koon soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though he didn't have much screen time, Plo Koon was a good choice. His interesting alien head will be quite a relief from all those 'human-faced' Jedi. I don't dig the exclusive item though. If one would want to kill or injure himself voluntarily, I think the best way to do it, is by ATTACHING a lightsaber to your wrist! No wait! There is a better way: make it a twin bladed lightsaber!
You can't blame the folks at SSC for choosing that weapon, since it looks pretty cool on the concept drawings, but the artist(s) that came up with this concept... No wonder it was not used in the film!

TOE said:
so you guys think that SS will not post any update photos prior to shipping ? :monkey2 I'm not sure if I want to keep it or not.

Also, looking forward to your Plo-Koon photos Maulfan.

Thanks. I would say there won't be any photos if major changes haven't occurred, like I said before, with Bib and Kit, we got what was shown during PPO, so if shipping time comes and no new photos, I would say you can expect what has been seen at TF, CIV and on SSC's site.

plus the fact the EVERY alien sideshow has ever done totally :rock's.

I have no worries about Plo Koon turning out anything less than great.

pixletwin said:
plus the fact the EVERY alien sideshow has ever done totally :rock's.

I have no worries about Plo Koon turning out anything less than great.

Indeed, fortunately, Plo will not suffer the issues Kit and Bib do with the tentatcles, they're great figures but the tentacles add wait and resistance but nature of the beast.

I mean...Plo's going to suck, everyone with the Exclusive on order should just cancel :)

Here you go...

520214960_c7ca7f6eb3_o.jpg

Sorry about the quality, but those glass cases make it pretty tough to get a good shot.

The robe is only open a bit, but it looks like the inner tunic (especially around the neckline) is modified from when we saw it at PPO time. I was told this was the production sample. While this photo doesn't do it justice, I'll tell you the paint apps look EXCELLENT as does the head and hand sculpts. I think we'll be pleased.

Oh, and speaking of production samples...the Leia/Boussh is fantastic...worth the wait in my book from the texturing to the detailing...just great.

pixletwin said:
plus the fact the EVERY alien sideshow has ever done totally :rock's. ...
Hmmm... Kit Fisto's tentacles could have been more flexible (thank god I didn't write 'testicles'...). Think of how much more dynamic Kit's poses would be if the tentacles on his head would be adjustable! The picture I have in mind is the underwater fighting sequence from 'Clone Wars', be it volume 1 or volume 2, I don't remember.

Tim Miller, the sculptor of Plo and Kit was at the SSC booth during CIV. Really nice guy and seems like he'll be one of their go-to guys for 1/6 portraits (is it a portrait if it's of a CG character?)

Last edited:
Back