Plo Koon soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MaulFan said:
Dave you're throwing around a lot of negativity in the Star Wars threads of late, nothing positive to say?

Sometimes positivity takes effort--- negativity can be effortless.

Plo Koon is going to look great with Mace, Kit, my seated Hasbro Yoda, modified Hasbro Ki-Adi---- let the first session of the 1/6 Jedi Council begin.

Sorry Anakin--you can't sit with us. Well don't pout about it--- What are you going to do, have a hissy fit?

MaulFan said:
Dave you're throwing around a lot of negativity in the Star Wars threads of late, nothing positive to say?
What do you mean? That was actually the most positive comment I've left in the Star Wars threads in quite some time.

Anyway, I only tell it like it is. It doesn't take much effort when there's not much effort being put into getting it right. When the quality improves, so will the criticism.

dekadentdave said:
The nice thing about getting an alien character from SS is the fact that they at least LOOK like their onscreen characters, unlike the humans.
MaulFan said:

It's hard to find a negative spot if you are to much in love with something... . As far as I'm concerned, Dave is right about the likenesses. With some exceptions, of course. He's not negative, he's just critical. Why does everything have to be positive around here anyway? What's wrong with letting people know what you really think about a 12" figure?
I don't mind. I can learn more from a critical comment, than from the usual bla bla bla, whether I agree with the comment or not. If it's a good critic, perhaps it shows you an angle you haven't thought of before.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
It's hard to find a negative spot if you are to much in love with something... . As far as I'm concerned, Dave is right about the likenesses. With some exceptions, of course. He's not negative, he's just critical. Why does everything have to be positive around here anyway? What's wrong with letting people know what you really think about a 12" figure?
I don't mind. I can learn more from a critical comment, than from the usual bla bla bla, whether I agree with the comment or not. If it's a good critic, perhaps it shows you an angle you haven't thought of before.

It doesn't have to always be positvie, I made the comment because it seemed like every post of his in a Star Wars thread for the last 4 days seemed to put down everything from Sideshow figures to the Clone Wars cartoon and when comments are just taking jabs at things, it's not of a critical nature. MY eyes my eyes is not a valuable criticism of product, and I know Dave is capable of well worded and thought out critiquing. Like I said, just seemed odd cuz all the posts I had been seeing seemed like he was just stopping by to put Star Wars and everything related to it down all weekend, and it's a time of celebration so ya, I'd like to have some upbeat chats going too.

Sorry, not trying to ruin your Celebration weekend. :rotfl

I will admit that I'm not feeling the Star Wars spirit these days. By now you can all gather why. Anyway, don't mind me. Move along... move along...

i think all of SS's 12" "look" like their on-screen counterparts. are they perfect? not all of them. but at this price point i'm very happy with them. at only around twice or 2.5 times the cost than when hasblo made them i think we are getting a great deal. bump the price up to $100 or more and my expectations will rise accordingly.

Yeah, for the most part Sideshow's done a great job with their 1/6 scale line. I was actually suprised they decided to tackle this character in particular out of any of the other Jedi Council members.

Plo Koon is such an ugly Star Wars character. Besides his name sounding like something naughty, his face alone looks like a disfigured vagina. If it was running after me with his lightsaber, I don't know what I'd be more scared of...his awesome Jedi powers or that mangled face of doom :monkey4

I'm actually looking forward to Plo. He is such a badass looking alien and that gauntlet is pretty dope.

No worries Dave. The Gauntlet does look sweet, I hope my wait list comes through for the Exclusive soon, or at least in time to return the regular to Sideshow.

He does look great. The detail in the face is truly awesome in and of itself. I don't think I'll be using the extra item but I can't wait to add another Jedi to the collection.

dekadentdave said:
I'm actually looking forward to Plo. He is such a badass looking alien and that gauntlet is pretty dope.

:clap :clap :clap I applaud your positivity---strangely enough while the gauntlet is unique, this was the one Ex. I was considering cancelling as the EU connection did not interest me; however, sorry MaulFan, I decided to keep my Ex.

I'm looking forward to him and I think that this summer is going to be pretty good with Plo Koon, Ventress, holochess and Bubo, multiple announcements at SDCC...

Lots of SW for dave to biatch slap.:D

Nitro said:
Yeah, for the most part Sideshow's done a great job with their 1/6 scale line. I was actually suprised they decided to tackle this character in particular out of any of the other Jedi Council members.

Plo Koon is such an ugly Star Wars character. Besides his name sounding like something naughty, his face alone looks like a disfigured vagina. If it was running after me with his lightsaber, I don't know what I'd be more scared of...his awesome Jedi powers or that mangled face of doom :monkey4

I was also surprised by his selection. I thought Ki-Adi-Mundi would have been much more better choice, as he is the council member with the most screen time after Mace and Yoda. However, having seen the clone war strailer, Plo looks like he may be quite prominent. Maybe SS knew something we didnt!

so you guys think that SS will not post any update photos prior to shipping ? :monkey2 I'm not sure if I want to keep it or not.

Also, looking forward to your Plo-Koon photos Maulfan.

Back