please don't post newsletter

• Thread starter Gorthaur The Cruel One
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: >

I've left the thread because I know people wish to discuss why the newsletter isn't to be posted. Nothing more, nothing less.

The newsletter is an incentive for all of SSC's customers to visit THEIR website (not this board). It has in the past, and will in the future, have special offers that are supposed to be just for subscribers.

And we discuss the articles in the newsletter anyway, most everyone gets it, so I don't think it's such a horrible inposition to ask people to refrain from posting it in it's entirety.

The newsletter is an incentive for all of SSC's customers to visit THEIR website (not this board).

Although ultimately I would have thought that SSC's wishes should be respected, posting the newsletter in parts can only encourage people to go to their site. I would have thought that parts of the letter appearing in forums such as this would make collectors aware of its existence. Furthermore, I would have also thought that by it becoming more widely spread, people who receive the newsletter will be even more inclined to read it 'hot off the press' in order to see what news and offers it contains.

`Top Secret`.

Agree with Dax`s comments.

Anyway,I will only post the NEWS on NEW LOTR Pieces.Lol:naughty

:peace

Re: .

Do you ever NOT answer a question with another question, and these two icons: :rolleyes :puke

Re: ,

Ok enough. This has nothing to do with the newsletter in anyway at all.

Get a room:lol

Re: ,

Maybe it would be good to make this sticky since we see this pop up basically every week.

re

:mwaha

What we need is a new section on this board...for angry members to @#%$ and curse one another...no holds barred!!! :evil :lol

Just as Saudis gather in their capital on Fridays to witness public beheadings, so we can all watch a spectacle elsewhere on this board. BTW, does anyone know how to get in contact with DarkSyren? ;) :p :balrog

Re: re

Funny - I actually pondered the very same thing a week ago.

I'd actually like to have a "no holds barred" thread where the
miscreants like ? and ? and ? could go and bash things out.

It would be fun to watch, and would hopefully keep the other
threads clean of some stupid posts that pop up these days. :rolleyes :puke

Disagreements will happen, why not have them in a confined
area to keep the virus from spreading all over the board?

What say you Dave?

I think that it sounds like a superb idea. I'd be one of the question marks.

There would probably be some objection from the two muskateers though as it contravenes the 11th commandment - Thou shalt only say positive things about SSW.

There would probably be some objection from the two muskateers though as it contravenes the 11th commandment - Thou shalt only say positive things about SSW.
This is the example of what you don't get about this forum. It isn't that you can't say negative things about sideshow weta (have you seen some of the threads on Willow's face, Vader's helmet, etc?) Just keep it civil and attack the arguement, not the person making the arguement.

I personally don't like that threads get deleted instead of just locked with a stern warning about why they are locked, as people who miss out seeing it before it was deleted don't learn what is and is not acceptable.

Trolling and persistant personal attacks should be grounds for banning, just doesn't seem to happen enough around here, and therefore, the perpetrators just go about doing the same thing over and over again, with little fear of reprimand.

We don't have to all be shiny happy people, but treat the other members of the community with respect, if you want to @#%$ at someone and just flame all the time, there are plenty of other forums for that kind of stuff. I don't think that's what Dave wanted to promote with this forum.

Back