Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my DS4 and I have to say I like it!

Analog sticks aren't as loose/mushy as the DS3 and have more resistance in the movement. I would say they seem almost as good as the 360 sticks maybe a tiny bit looser. Like the depression in top of the sticks for the thumbs.

Only real nitpicky complaint I have is that the DS4 feels a little cheap and plasticy. While the back and sides have some texture to it, it is still made of a cheap feeling slippery plastic where a little rubberized texture would make it feel more comfortable.

Can't wait to be able to try it out.

Got my DS4 and I have to say I like it!

Analog sticks aren't as loose/mushy as the DS3 and have more resistance in the movement. I would say they seem almost as good as the 360 sticks maybe a tiny bit looser. Like the depression in top of the sticks for the thumbs.

Only real nitpicky complaint I have is that the DS4 feels a little cheap and plasticy. While the back and sides have some texture to it, it is still made of a cheap feeling slippery plastic where a little rubberized texture would make it feel more comfortable.

Can't wait to be able to try it out.

Good to hear. The sticks were one of my biggest complaints about the DS3, so that sounds promising. How do the triggers feel? They look weird.

Triggers feel the same other than the shape which I like better even though I never had an issue with the old style.

Sony posted an "Ultimate" PS4 FAQ on the Playstation Blog.

With all eyes on PlayStation 4’s North American launch on November 15th, we wanted to provide definitive answers to your questions, both big and small. This list of Frequently Asked Questions is only a start, as certain details are still being finalized in preparation for launch. We will continue to update this FAQ leading up to launch and post-launch, integrating new answers to your questions and additional details as they are confirmed.

Read on to get answers to your questions regarding PS4, covering everything from the system specs and benefits to accessories, PlayStation Plus features, the launch game lineup and much more. Head over to the EU PlayStation.Blog for information specific to that region. Please leave your burning questions in the comments and we’ll address them in a future update!

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

I just saw that you can't use the PS4 as a media server.

That's pretty lame as that's currently the primary use for my PS3.

I thought the primary use was to play games? Although for years my PS3 was my primary bluray player. :lol

I'm surprised by this because I've got plenty of friends who own a PS3 just to mainly use as a media player. Even girls I know who have no interest in games at all for that same reason.

I just saw that you can't use the PS4 as a media server.

That's pretty lame as that's currently the primary use for my PS3.

well thats just stupid, that is my primary use as well. You also have to download something to use it as a blu ray or dvd player.

Apparently, there's a lot of people upset about the lack of streaming capability and Sony did the patented "Thank you for your feedback, we'll take it under consideration" on Twitter.

Considering how XBoxOne caved on that used games DRM stuff and PS4 did the same, it's possible that consumer demand may be taken into account on these sorts of things.

After my first PS3 died, I bought a new one only for it's media player capabilities, so the PS4 NOT having that would definitely be a deal-breaker for me. I've only played a few hours of Red Dead in the year that I've owned my new PS3. . . mostly, that's because I lost all my game saves and said "Screw it" and sold most of my games. And reading that GTA5 and MGS5 will likely see PC release. . . I don't see any reason to get a PS4.

Back