Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
original.gif

It's not going to be discless, the games these days are too big, I don't think people will be wanting to download a 40GB file, an considering that, even with a 1TB hard drive you would fill it up easily.

Steam would disagree. The biggest game I've seen so far was 25gigs. It would take a lot of those to fill a 1tb hd.

Parts of the World don't have a speedy internet & Takes a Day or so to download a game.

some people don't even have internet. I know people who have counsels but don't hook them up to the internet. They would rather not have there kids playing multiplayer games and whatnot.

Maybe the PSP go will make Sony shy on the whole diskless idea.

Unless the downloaded games are priced a lot less then games bought on physical disks, I hope they do not go this direction. You have no control to the games you "buy". When servers are not around to host your bought games, how will you access them?

Can be, but doesn't need to be.

They get pretty close. They didn't really compress games due to the extra storage space, and then there's games like Final Fantasy that actually use up most of the space. Even on Xbox 360 you're getting 2 disc games, who wants to download 16GB games these days much less what the next generation of games will be.

im going to have a ps4. maybe not at launch. like the uncharted comment, itll end up being an exclusive that gets me there. especially if mgs5 launches on it. i wrote xbox off ever since the steering wheel sized remotes of the old days. ive always hated the remotes. on both of their systems. ps always had the same remote with little tweaks to it. i appreciated that. do you guys think they will go with another same style remote? i think after the life cycle its had maybe a new controller might be a decent idea. i dont use the remote for shooters anymore so i guess i dont care much about the old design too much. :dunno

The PlayStation 4 – which is currently expected to be announced on February 20 – will be available later on this year in both Japan and the US and will carry a hefty price, according to a translation of a report found in respected Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun. The Japanese version, says the translated report, will cost "greater than 40,000 yen," which means it will be more than $400 there.

Asahi adds there will be a rush to meet sales demands on both sides of the world, but the paper doesn't specify a US price; however, the PlayStation 3 launched at $500 when it came to North America, and cost 49,980 yen in Japan, around $535. So Asahi's report suggests that whatever the next generation PlayStation's price is, it will likely be slightly cheaper than the PS3 was at launch.

There's also no mention of a European launch, and the PS3's launch was indeed delayed in Europe by hardware shortages. Hopefully, Sony will clear all this up on February 20.

$400? $500? Even $600?! Oh noes! :rolleyes:

Pfft, the PS3 launched at $999 here...so I'd be pretty pleased with a $400-600 PS4 :lol

i'm not scared of the price...i'm scared of the inevitable bugs that come with launch systems

Even if it is $450, that's not that bad. For Pete's sake, the PS3 was $500-600 at launch, and, after seven years and inflation, if we could get a new, superior piece of tech that's even cheaper than its predecessor was, I'm all for it. That being said, the cheaper, the better.:lol

People are going to be making a killing flipping these things around Christmas. Parents are going to scramble and pay out the rear.

Back