Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Specially when it's about monthly sales of PS4 vs Xbone.

Seriously, who the **** cares? How does that even matter to people unless you work for either Sony or Microsoft as some higher up?

People are amazing sometimes.

People just have emotional attachments to these companies and piece of plastics, and will defend, gloat and damage control their preferences like corporate slaves when the fact is, none of these companies care about them like that.

Probably no different than hardcore football fans arguing on 'Your team sucks! No, your team sucks' and so on. Or arguments between DC fans and Marvel fans. One of the reasons I stay the **** away from any form of social media. :lol

And to be honest, IGN isn't even the worst of the amount of dumb **** I see posted on other places. Next week's E3 should be interesting. :lol

People are outraged on FB.

I truly couldn't care less.

I wish I was the same. Now every-time I get a new game, it'll big me that there's a better experience out there. It used to big me a lot when I played RE4 on PS2 for example.

I proli won't get much selling my release PS4 in order to find the ps4K. Not to mension I was going to buy a 4k tv, PSVR, iphone7 at the end of the year. I can't afford all that!

Unless P.T installed PS4s still go for ridiculous $$$$

I hate this business model of all these companies. Put out the obviously inferior model first, while we've been sitting on the streamlined version for two ****ing years.

Why the hell doesn't it play 4k blu rays? :slap

I agree really dumb especially when the Xbox S plays 4K blurays while PS4 Pro only supports 4K Netflix/Amazon streaming (better than nothing I guess, but still).

Sony said 4K gaming was the priority.

While I applaud the move to 4K gaming I would've appreciated it more if the PS4 "Pro" handled 4K blurays. :lol

I have no plans to buy a 4k TV any time soon so I will stick with the PS4 unless developers start using the boost in power for 1080p games with extra detail and effects along side a buttery smooth frame rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no plans to buy a 4k TV any time soon so I will stick with the PS4 unless developers start using the boost in power for 1080p games with extra detail and effects along side a buttery smooth frame rate.

That's the idea with Neo, or Pro as they call it now. If developers offer patches to improve framerate and effect for 1080p games then I'm tempted, especially at the $399 price.

Some games will have improved graphics at 1080p, that may just be that they supersample-where they render internally at 4k but adjust it down to 1080p which makes the edges much smoother. Or they might actually do extra work and improve graphical features like geometry/textures/FX
Most likely on a 4K TV it will just support an increased resolution and HDR but probably not any other graphical changes.

I'm very disappointed though that it doesn't support UHD Blu-Ray. I have the Xbox One S for that, but it doesn't have Dolby Atmos support so I was thinking the new PS4 would have it.

So, how many of you PS Bros will be upgrading to PS Pros? I don't really see an imperative need to do it just yet. Maybe when God of War 4 gets released.

Also, the lack of 4K BD support is just baffling. That's not a PS Pro, it's a PS Con.

way to bring a thread back from the dead with such lackluster news (news in general, not the posters). sony is making a bad move with this. im buying a new tv and its probably going to be a 4k, i refuse to buy a new gen ps4 without 100% 4k support. my $200 regular ps4 works just fine, id rather buy a 4k bluray player.

And they have put themselves in position to get leapfrogged next year when Microsoft releases a more powerful box.

Full FAQ on the PS4 Pro. The features and potential upgrade of old games is intriguing, but the lack of UHD BD support is baffling.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...id=774079896226177024&adbpl=tw&adbpr=10671602

Baffling is about right.

So, how many of you PS Bros will be upgrading to PS Pros? I don't really see an imperative need to do it just yet. Maybe when God of War 4 gets released.

Also, the lack of 4K BD support is just baffling. That's not a PS Pro, it's a PS Con.

:lol :lol

PS3 was the bluray leader when released, it solidified that format and it was the final nail in the coffin for HD-DVD.

With 4K if feels like Sony has only been an observer.

way to bring a thread back from the dead with such lackluster news (news in general, not the posters). sony is making a bad move with this. im buying a new tv and its probably going to be a 4k, i refuse to buy a new gen ps4 without 100% 4k support. my $200 regular ps4 works just fine, id rather buy a 4k bluray player.

Yup.

And they have put themselves in position to get leapfrogged next year when Microsoft releases a more powerful box.

Yup.

It is exciting to get 4K console gaming, now the superior PC race will be forced to upgrade to 8K gaming to flex their muscles. :lol

But you're right MS is now in the position to leap frog Sony in the "most powerful" reputation.

Oh god, why? $ONY can't even figure out why PSN went down this week (LizardSquad).

4K BluRay would have been one of the main reasons I'd upgrade. 4K tvs come with 4K steaming anyway!
Massive misstep, especially that BluRay was made by Sony, and Xbox has it!

What gets me is that they struggled with 1080p/60 but now all of a sudden BAM here is 4K/60 gaming everyone.

Wut. :lol

It is all a big fat scam anyways, one I have no problem being subjected to. :lol

Last edited:
Back