Playsets/Dioramas for 6 Inch Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert Oasis

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I don't know if there's a thread for this already, I apologize if there is.

I collect a lot of 6 inch figures, and I know that it can be hard to find dioramas for them.

Just chip in if you know of one that isn't common knowledge.

These are cool, I use them for photography

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=2256&category=11341

32491084690_4a3bb97bd8_b.jpg

Here's my review

Those Star Walls imperial corridor pieces are great for Star Wars figures.

I also sometimes try to incorporate pieces from Diamond Select figures.

And a photo backdrop never hurts!

These are cool, I use them for photography

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=2256&category=11341

32491084690_4a3bb97bd8_b.jpg

Here's my review

You know, I'm normally pretty against using cardboard, stuff but these aren't bad! I already have some existing Alleyway pieces from WWE and Gotham Select, maybe I will get these for the background and try to blend them together. Especially since I'm no good at making dios and I'm short on cash. I really like that fenced part. Thanks!!

there's a few Diorama sets released recently, i remember it's few Black Alleys, some roof top, and maybe some sci-fi/dark age/WWII sets.

but price ain't cheap, starting around $80, if you know abit of DIY it's quite easy to make.

You know, I'm normally pretty against using cardboard, stuff but these aren't bad! I already have some existing Alleyway pieces from WWE and Gotham Select, maybe I will get these for the background and try to blend them together. Especially since I'm no good at making dios and I'm short on cash. I really like that fenced part. Thanks!!

Yeah it works well for me as after I'm done filming or photo's I can just put them away, standard dioramas take up a lot of room and are a pain to storage, glad you found it useful:)

I reviewed the alley set from Extreme:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-120916a.htm

And just used their latest subway set in the Punisher review:

View attachment 326038

And for fun, don't forget the Mi World sets!

Oh hell yeah, I was trying to find a review of the subway one.

I was going to get a MiWorld set for a long time, but then I realized I don't really have use for a Dairy Queen lol. If I ever had a restaurant dio, it would have to be like a moody diner.

I make my own dioramas for my 7" figures. I use mainly photos for backdrops and some ground effects and dollhouse laminated sheet flooring. The 1/10 scale furniture and accessories I get mostly from eBay.

A few pics:

Half-Life

HL1.jpg

HL2.jpg

BioShock

IMG_1195.jpg

BSDio_10.JPG

The Walking Dead

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

T2 Sarah Connor

I am currently working on more Terminator dios.

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

Just received that table today Vector. It's great, many thanks for the tip-off. I've been wanting to set up that scene for years back when I was focusing on 1/6 but 1/10 will do nicely.

Just received that table today Vector. It's great, many thanks for the tip-off. I've been wanting to set up that scene for years back when I was focusing on 1/6 but 1/10 will do nicely.

Your welcome man. :hi5:

Post some pics when you get it set up.

Just discovered these today by chance. They are from something called Underworld. I might pick up a few when I have extra money, I've been wanting some sewer-looking dioramas.

MZ14000Alg.jpg

Did you get the Coke machine from ebay?

Yes, its actually a portable AM/FM radio from 1989 but it makes a perfect 1/10 scale Coke vending machine. Its very detailed and the radio controls are barely noticeable. You can still find new ones on eBay for a reasonable price.

Yes, its actually a portable AM/FM radio from 1989 but it makes a perfect 1/10 scale Coke vending machine. Its very detailed and the radio controls are barely noticeable. You can still find new ones on eBay for a reasonable price.

Interesting. I never would have guessed! It looks great. I'll see if I can find one on ebay, but is there a specific title it has?

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Found it.

Buy a 3d printer and make your own creations. Using websites like 3D warehouse and Thingaverse you can print files for almost anything. Some files are lifesize, just divide the file by six and you have the proper scale

I prefer hunting pieces down, it's more fun.

Besides, I imagine 3D printers are not cheap.

Back