Play Imaginative- Avengers- Iron Man 1/6th MK VII diecast figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For nearly $500 I would expect something like a 1/4 size that have a shelf presence. The alloy is nice, but I expected it to be shiny. Now I am starting to think if I can have it as a 1/4 alloy toy how much it would cost! Don't know if I would even buy it as 1/4 unless it looks godly.

Glad to finally see some official pics but I'm sadly not impressed which all in all I guess is a good thing for my wallet

Official pics look cool, but there's something about them .....

Maybe this earlier pic makes me want the figure more:

P1130155.jpg

Seeing it all posed up in the official pics, it kinda looks incomplete without the extra "bells & whistles" the HT version has. Plus I don't think the official pics really ooze "Metal", if you get what I'm saying.

It's insane that NECA is releasing a 1/4 scale Mark VII, and costs $80. Granted it's plastic, but it also isn't $500

It's insane that NECA is releasing a 1/4 scale Mark VII, and costs $80. Granted it's plastic, but it also isn't $500

Yes but you need to keep in mind that the pricing isn't simply due to the size of the figure. It accommodates for the build quality and the accessories it comes with.

HT charges you $250 but a figure that comes with a insane amount of accessories compared to the NECA figure and NECA's paint job is no where near what HT pulls out.

Also, this Play Imaginative is only $500 for us here in the states. It actually goes for $350 over at Signapore where it's only being released. It cost a fortune for us because we need to import it and importing a figure that weighs as much as this one is quite insane.

IMO you're paying $80 to NECA for a more "action figure" type of figure while these $200+ figures are for more of us crazy collectors.

It's aimed to a different group.

Yes but you need to keep in mind that the pricing isn't simply due to the size of the figure. It accommodates for the build quality and the accessories it comes with.

HT charges you $250 but a figure that comes with a insane amount of accessories compared to the NECA figure and NECA's paint job is no where near what HT pulls out.

Also, this Play Imaginative is only $500 for us here in the states. It actually goes for $350 over at Signapore where it's only being released. It cost a fortune for us because we need to import it and importing a figure that weighs as much as this one is quite insane.

IMO you're paying $80 to NECA for a more "action figure" type of figure while these $200+ figures are for more of us crazy collectors.

It's aimed to a different group.

Point taken. Just was pointing out how out of control this hobby is getting. I will say this though. If they have managed to release an all metal, highly engineered 1/6 figure for the price of $350 (granted in some places rather than the US), it just goes to show how much of a rip-off Hot Toys is.
You gets no argument from me bro. I was just throwin it out there, that's all.

Point taken. Just was pointing out how out of control this hobby is getting. I will say this though. If they have managed to release an all metal, highly engineered 1/6 figure for the price of $350 (granted in some places rather than the US), it just goes to show how much of a rip-off Hot Toys is.
You gets no argument from me bro. I was just throwin it out there, that's all.
No argument here as well :peace My mistake for it coming off that way, was also simply expressing my thoughts on it.

Is HT overpriced? Beyond reason. We're paying $200-$500 for a plastic toy..:cuckoo: We're called freaks for a reason. :lol

The reason they charge so much is because they KNOW we'll buy it because they're really the only company pumping out all these figures. If two other companies came out making 1/6 IM figures on the same quality level as HT, the prices would drop but right now HT is basically sitting on the throne throwing out prices left and right as they wish. We have smaller companies doing figures too but HT has established a name for themselves.

No argument here as well :peace My mistake for it coming off that way, was also simply expressing my thoughts on it.

Is HT overpriced? Beyond reason. We're paying $200-$500 for a plastic toy..:cuckoo: We're called freaks for a reason. :lol

The reason they charge so much is because they KNOW we'll buy it because they're really the only company pumping out all these figures. If two other companies came out making 1/6 IM figures on the same quality level as HT, the prices would drop but right now HT is basically sitting on the throne throwing out prices left and right as they wish. We have smaller companies doing figures too but HT has established a name for themselves.
Maybe Hot Toys should use some of that money and work more on their proportions. Oh, but wait......I forgot, that's saved for the old 2.0's:lol

Maybe Hot Toys should use some of that money and work more on their proportions. Oh, but wait......I forgot, that's saved for the old 2.0's:lol
The one thing I will never understand. I mean they have pumped out a good 10+ IM figures and they still can't get the proportions 100% when companies like the Play Imaginative figure has spot on proportions. :slap

Makes it even more disappointing for me to see this figure go for $500. Would have easily picked it up over the HT version had it sold for $350 here. :monkey2

So, I'm kinda new to this hobby. I'm interested in this but I don't want to buy it anytime soon. Is it going to be in stock for awhile after the initial release or is there a chance itll be gone in a few months? Ive only bought preorders and used from this forum or ebay

Back