Play Imaginative- Avengers- Iron Man 1/6th MK VII diecast figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some issues I had you can see the discoloring along with the sagging underwear. I'm really disappointed in this situation . I really like it but everything is an eyesore. If could remove the oxidation on the silver pieces I would have kept it.

Yikes. Good on BBTS for taking care of the situation.

Yes and no. I'm returning it. It sucks because it's a really beautiful piece, but I can tell this figure will give me many headaches down the road. I am also canceling all my play imaginative 1/4 pre orders. I was so excited for all thier products, but now I want nothing to do with them.

No, just get rid of it. That is pretty bad qc, how did that make it past production? I've seen other pieces have this problem too, like Super Alloy Batman with pieces coming off.

$35 if you can remedy it yourself. If not, full refund.

Ive stated it's going back. I can't remove the oxidation and everytime j try to lift the underwear up, the color becomes lighter. Once you move it up it simplys falls back down. It's applied crooked so to fix it I need to remove it. It's problem after problem. The hall of Armor had paint chips as well. It's dissappointing because I expected such a great product from this company.

Ive stated it's going back. I can't remove the oxidation and everytime j try to lift the underwear up, the color becomes lighter. Once you move it up it simplys falls back down. It's applied crooked so to fix it I need to remove it. It's problem after problem. The hall of Armor had paint chips as well. It's dissappointing because I expected such a great product from this company.

I tried to get several UK retailers to stock this when I saw it for preorder in America a while back but all of them refused stating that the quality of the products was consistently bad & they were unwilling to deal with all of the returns & complaints regarding QC issues as it reflected badly upon them as well..., I did think it was a bit over exaggerated about the amount of problems but after the 4th retailer said no, I gave up.

I have thought about buying it off of eBay from some company in Hong Kong but their disclaimer has always put me off, decided just to wait & see if Hot Toys makes it again in diecast but no hurry as I like all of the other suits they are making. :)

If/when Hot Toys does this armor again, I hope they get the proportions better to this. Shartimusprime's review of it with the comparison showed just how solid this sculpt is. Too bad about the QC issues.

Mine came today:

P1291987.jpg

Pink panties!! Very slight oxidation on the silver thighs that I fear may worsen over time. I can definitely see how bonestock was conflicted about returning it. Seems like a no brainer but once you have this thing in hand, despite the flaws, it really looks like a shrunk down Iron Man with the better sculpt and correct neck. Decisions, decisions..

Go get a Hot Toys. I have one of it and it's very cool. I also bought the accessories helmet and now it's much better.

IMScreen shot 2014-12-27 at 3.37.08 PM.jpg

Not a fan of that head/neck. I also don't like how Hot Toys has black lined out all the recessed detail, ie: thigh plates ect

Come on. Go get him tiger :D

Just a joke. It's different strokes for different folks.

Pink pants really are the nail in the coffin on this one for me, no longer interested..., at over £300.00 a figure I'd say it means this shouldn't be an issue. :(

I own six hot toys Mark viis. and if I had a single perfect play imaganitive Mark vii , the HTs are gone. It's a figure you need to hold and see to appreciate . I just wish the quality was better.

KBA, contact bbts quickly. I asked if they upped my credit I would keep it. The panties and silver pieces can easily be repainted I discovered. You're silver thigh pieces are no where as bad as mine

Pink pants really are the nail in the coffin on this one for me, no longer interested..., at over £300.00 a figure I'd say it means this shouldn't be an issue. :(

Agreed 100%

For me, having a ton of experience with an airbrush from table top wargaming for decades, the pink panties are a completely fixable issue, so that helps. It's also worth mentioning that the Hall of Armor that comes with this thing kicks SO much ass with the lights and the different light modes. Really, really cool, and something I factored in my decision to buy this for the $300 BBTS price. If you can justify $100 going towards an amazing Hall of Armor, then $200 for an excellent proportioned Iron Man with some issues that can be fixed -- I'll sleep fine at night :lol

The original price of this thing though? Hell no.

I own six hot toys Mark viis. and if I had a single perfect play imaganitive Mark vii , the HTs are gone. It's a figure you need to hold and see to appreciate . I just wish the quality was better.

KBA, contact bbts quickly. I asked if they upped my credit I would keep it. The panties and silver pieces can easily be repainted I discovered. You're silver thigh pieces are no where as bad as mine

It's really just the pink panties on mine. I took the wipe-down cloth that came in the package to the thighs, and they were just smears that came off :clap

Yea those are easy to fix because they don't have the black lines as the hot toys versions. Also you're right, the hall of armor is such an amazing piece . I love mode 4(or 5)

Damn. Was thinking about ordering. But I got Holograms face plate, which is miles better than the stock. I'll keep the HT for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back