Play Arts Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker action figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine hasn't got that issue but he has got one leg that's about half a centemetre shorter than the other, it doesn't sound like much but it means he can't stand up perfectly straight. It looks like the ankle & knees joints on one leg weren't fitted properly (not pushed in enough) & it doesn't seem possible to fix it.

Yeah, that's the first thing I checked (symmetry of leg length), as I've read here & in other forums that that's the common problem.

Did you tell that to your retailer at all? Did you ask for a refund or replacement?

wasn't able to, got him from FP in London last week, only noticed 1 days ago (had him in action poses before) & Londons to far to take it back + the others they had in stock had defects that were obvious through the packaging (poor paint/Head not connected properly).

After a few days of owning the Peace Walker Sneaking Suit Snake, I was able to find time to take action photos this morning (Manila time)..

However, as I was doing different poses.. Upon examining the figure much closer, I saw a factory defect!

The mold of the crotch area (brief-like shape) is too big a fit for the figure, that it shows a gap on the right-side of the figure (belt area).
Here are the photos:

393135134.jpg

393135135.jpg

393135136.jpg

393135137.jpg

393135138.jpg

393135139.jpg

393135140.jpg

393135142.jpg

393135143.jpg

Has anybody had any problems like this? :( And what did you do to take care of the problem?

I contacted my retailer, and he said he'll have to contact his supplier about it first before taking action. I sent him these photos, so that he can also possibly show these to his supplier. I don't understand though, on why he can't just replace my figure or offer a refund.

don't worry I have the same problem too....

Finally, this guy arrived. :D Thanks to Pats of WasabiToys.com.. Sorry for the crappy phonecam-quality photo:

Square Enix Play Arts Kai - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Snake (Jungle Fatigue Version)

394654213.jpg

Can't wait for Kaz Miller! :duff

Does anybody have any updates on the next Play Arts Kai MGS Peace Walker figure? :dunno

We will probably see some new updates soon. Kaz should be released in the next few months.

Btw, I've just read your sig and I think Barney says "The only thing faster is lightning" ;)

@LoneWolf

My sneaking suit version is like this as well, you can tell from the first picture below. But it doesn't really bother me that much or detract too much from it.

Suffice to say, Play Arts fixed this issue with the Jungle version pictured below as well.

4813400905_6d767164cf_z.jpg

5399949846_0b51a97150_z.jpg

Last edited:
@LoneWolf

My sneaking suit version is like this as well, you can tell from the first picture below. But it doesn't really bother me that much or detract too much from it.

Suffice to say, Play Arts fixed this issue with the Jungle version pictured below as well.

4813400905_6d767164cf_z.jpg

5399949846_0b51a97150_z.jpg

Those are some sweet photos. If I hadn't already bought these, I probably would after seeing those :lol

Saw some painted photos of Kazuhira "Kaz" Miller and Battle-Suit Snake, with alternate heads!!! :clap Hope to see this available for pre-order soon!!!

c6an5.jpg

34nl4zl.jpg

34ytef7.jpg

I purchased the Jungle Fatigue version--great figure but, woah, did I discover a major flaw---He has TWO right feet!!!:gah:

I attempted to contact Square Enix to see if they could send me a replacement part for the correct, left foot. I haven't heard from them yet. In the meantime, my Snake will just have to run through the jungle in circles....

^^^ Wow, talk about bad quality. My Jungle Fatigue has a longer left leg. I just settled with having it, since it can make good poses. Although, it's hard to pose in a standard standing position, since the left leg is really obvious in outgrowing the right. :slap

How did you contact Square Enix? I checked their website before, but they didn't have any contact information available. My Sneaking Suit also had issues, and that was resolved at retailer level. Can't you let your retailer know of this problem, bro?

Oh, I could but the best the retailer will do is give me store credit as they don't have control over this quality issue. I would rather have the figure corrected. I went through Square Enix's site and emailed them my product issue and I was given a 'help' #. I wish I could get you more detail than that but I'm at work at the moment and 'gaming' sites are blocked. Otherwise I would give you the steps I took to send them my problem.
Hate to hear about your issue because this is a beautiful looking figure!

Well guys, I picked up the Jungle Fatigues figure from my local Kinokuniya store yesterday. Overall, it's a great figure, but definitely not without its flaws. I noticed that the right leg on the of the camouflage "fabric" has a small chip. It's not that noticeable, but still very annoying. There are also paint smudges throughout the uniform, but I don't think that it's anything serious - maybe I can fix it with a Gundam marker.

Thankfully, Snake's feet are are just fine! But, I'm still debating as to whether I should just return the figure and try to pick up a better one elsewhere.

I still need to get the first 2 Snake figures. The first can't come fast enough. Between these two guys, the War Machine maquette, and whichever Joe ships next month...it's going to be an expensive April.

I still need to get the first 2 Snake figures. The first can't come fast enough. Between these two guys, the War Machine maquette, and whichever Joe ships next month...it's going to be an expensive April.

Yeah, same here man :lol. So many pre-orders for April.

As for the Snake figures, be sure to inspect them carefully when you get them in hand. The paint-job is either hit or miss - I've seen some pretty bad looking head-sculpts, and some figures even have paint peeling off of them.

Hey Mark.. Glad to know you're also buying MGS Play Arts Kai. :wave

Yeah, be careful with buying those. I am a perfect 2 of 2 in terms of encountering issues with these! :lol

- With the Sneaking Suit version, I posted it in this thread, that the crotch area was too loose causing excess plastic to hang out in the right-part and is very noticeable. Luckily, this was replaced by the retailer with a flawless one. :clap

- With the Jungle Fatigue version, the right leg was LONGER than the left leg! :slap I didn't bother having it replaced, since I thought he could do better articulation on some poses I had in mind. :) I also think all the right legs of these figures are longer than the left, unless anyone disagrees?

I hope they improve Quality Control on these figures. Returning them is much harder than returning a Hot Toys boxed set. :slap

Back