Plastic Belts and Hasbro lightsabers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lerath666

Super Freak
Reaction score
I recently recieved the 1/6th Jedi Padawan Obi-wan kenobi.
MOSTLY EXCELLENT FIGURE...

But only mostly.

Fantastic sculpt, Great paint, but he is lacking in a few places.

The larger lightsaber looks bad. REALLY BAD. Like it came with an old hasbro 1/6th figure bad. The blades were slightly warped as well,

Sideshow, please, go back to the earlier thinner lightsaber blades. I also feel the light-up feature was hurt by this as well. It simply dose not look good.

The thinner blades.. much superior.

The other place it's lacking is the plastic belt. it just... looks bad. and dramaticly takes away from the figure overall.

The earlier jedi used very very nice pleather ( or was it actualy leather. no idea) that looked fantastic. Please, on all future releases, go back to those, don't use those awful plastic belts ever again.

If BOTH of these design decisions were made to accomadate the light-up lightsaber... I would request that you drop the light-up sabers in the future, as It dosn't really add anything meaningful to the figure.
It's a neet idea and it sounds great on paper.. but in person it's quite... underwhelming. Mine (and several other collectors I'd wager) will be staying forever in the box.

Agreed with Mr. Lerath. Obi was a home run, except for the belt and the saber.

Lights=gimics. Ever notice that many SSC releases with light up features has issues. I'm really surprised that IG88 came out as well as it did.

Keep the light up features to the bases like Fett and IG88.

The entire figure is very Hasbro toy like.

You are either trolling, or ignorant or just very very stupid.

2013-03-29190500_zpsa7a5db13.jpg

Yeahp! Not liking the out of place saber and cheap belt.

One of the things I enjoyed with the Jedi figures is the detailed leather belt with working pouches.
It was a let down on this one.

Belt and non lighting saber lack the high end feel of the older versions. I don't even talk about the light-up feature which i'm not convinced with at all.
On the other and, tunic, robe and globally materials used for the costume are quite nice.

All this being said, the big let down for me (as i stated in the Obi-Wan thread) is the paint app. Just unacceptable quality control issues on both headsculpts and hands at that price point.

Paint issue is a factory problem. The simply painted it, instead of drybrushing the lighter color on.

Neck is weird... it dosn't photograph well, but it looks fine in-hand.

I agree about the neck being a non issue in person. I never even noticed the pony tail on mine. I should look. But the fact that I haven't even noticed registers as a non-issue for me.

You are either trolling, or ignorant or just very very stupid.

2013-03-29190500_zpsa7a5db13.jpg

Or I have more discerning taste than you?
Which I obviously have since you find all the issues with this figure as non-issues. I envy you.
I agree about the neck being a non issue in person. I never even noticed the pony tail on mine. I should look. But the fact that I haven't even noticed registers as a non-issue for me.
What is the function of this thread? I was under the understanding that it was to post our opinions on the figure?

If I was mistaken I'm terribly sorry and will remove my opinion.

:peace

ob1_zps354df41b.jpg

Sure. Replace your trolling post with your latest post and we'll call it good.

I will if you replace all yours with intelligent ones.
:peace

I don't troll, I just think its a very poor release. I am entitled to hold that opinion. Thanks.

That is the first I have seen those pix, but to me, the biggest issue is that giant vertical mold seam above Obi-Wan's ear, that is inexcusable for the price of the figure.

Sideshow's factory paint will never be where we want it to be, that we can all agree on, but that mold seam is ridiculous.

I don't have it in hand but I think the belt is the biggest issue. It should've been (p)leather

As for the lightsaber: if they plan on continuing to give us 2-one that lights up and one that doesn't-I'd suggest the one that doesn't light up to be the thinner blade for consistency sake but keep the thicker one for the light up function. You satisfy both that like the light up feature and the ones who want it back the old way.

Last edited:
Just get rid of the Prometheus body. They are terrible. Ratchet knees, oddly proportioned, giraffe necks with eerie looking reptillian flesh.

And please stop cutting corners on materials. Plastic belts look cheap and not in-line with the quality we would expect from $150-$200 figures. You could get away with it back when you were only charging $50 for these but not now. If you want to compete with Hot Toys prices, the quality had better be on par.

That said, Obi is an otherwise excellent figure and that is saying a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back