Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember, The Force will be with you….Always.

7EEECB40832C4DA58CBF.jpeg
Yeah awesome pic QGF, though I'm not a huge fan of that HT Ben sculpt - great sculpt detail and paint (and the hair/beard is spot-on,) but he looks a little Asian and doesn't really nail Alec Guinness's likeness for me.
Thanks, Man! I can always count on you for a kind word. I don’t mind a few “likes” here and there, but it’s great to actually get a real comment!
Yeah its funny this new "like" versus actual comment thing. More social media than chat forum to me, but I guess that's progress. :lol

It’s crazy how the market is for this guy ever since the mando one was announced. I’m practically giving this guy away and no one wants to buy.

It’s crazy how the market is for this guy ever since the mando one was announced. I’m practically giving this guy away and no one wants to buy.

on Ebay, it looks like they're all selling in the $400 range ... seems pretty decent to me considering retail was $225.

I’m selling mine 100 cheaper than that and no one is biting. Just trying to fund for my commando figure.

I don't see any ROTJ Lukes being sold on eBay right now for $300.

Is there a typo in your title? Or maybe it's being sold on an overseas eBay that I'm not looking at?? Do you want to post a link to it?

I don't see any ROTJ Lukes being sold on eBay right now for $300.

Is there a typo in your title? Or maybe it's being sold on an overseas eBay that I'm not looking at?? Do you want to post a link to it?
I’m not selling it on eBay. I’m selling it though Facebook groups.

I’m not selling it on eBay. I’m selling it though Facebook groups.
Oh, that's probably why. People on Facebook are likely bargain hunting. Just goes to show why eBay takes 12% fees, you can get a lot more money by selling on eBay.

I assume you're selling on Facebook and asking for payment via PayPal gift, so the buyer doesn't have much in the way of security there, so there's a variety of factors why your item is not selling.

Oh, that's probably why. People on Facebook are likely bargain hunting. Just goes to show why eBay takes 12% fees, you can get a lot more money by selling on eBay.

I assume you're selling on Facebook and asking for payment via PayPal gift, so the buyer doesn't have much in the way of security there, so there's a variety of factors why your item is not selling.
Nope. I do things legit. Goods and services. I always incorporate fees and shipping the price. I’m always never looking to make double of what the figure costs and stuff, just want to fund for obtaining another figure.

on the plus side, I sold him today. And Vader. Vader hurt a little.

Does anyone here know the best way to get rid of wrinkles on the sleeve? I have some small ones on the right arm of my figure due to switching out arms. First methods that come to mind are ironing or steaming, but I wanted to see if anyone here has any experience with this. Thanks!

IMG_4949.jpg

Last edited:
Mine seems to have wrinkles on the right sleeve as well. Left side not so much, so that’s pretty interesting.

I actually made my first video on YouTube. The base figure is the Deluxe Endor Version but I used the brown cloak from the original figure as well. The main point of the video was to showcase the figure in Mandalorian-inspired ways. The custom wired cloak is made by Unreal Toys, and its really epic. Went for various setups poses to show the cloak in action. Please feel free to check it out and let me know what you guys think!

To be clear, it’s not a review at all. Just a showcase with the poses setup. Must say I did have fun with them.

EDIT #2: Here’s the link to the video:

Heres a picture preview:
33FCBDDC-DD3D-4227-B89A-184A539A75A2.jpeg
2383C400-280B-4B92-8DD1-7AD104B61CA5.jpeg
3C5961ED-5814-4937-89D9-1E76D5E0A8EB.jpeg
6AE1C5FA-1F6B-4FF7-A457-D2B74B5F06C6.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine seems to have wrinkles on the right sleeve as well. Left side not so much, so that’s pretty interesting.

I actually made my first video on YouTube. The base figure is the Deluxe Endor Version but I used the brown cloak from the original figure as well. The main point of the video was to showcase the figure in Mandalorian-inspired ways. The custom wired cloak is made by Unreal Toys, and its really epic. Went for various setups poses to show the cloak in action. Please feel free to check it out and let me know what you guys think!

Heres a picture preview:View attachment 536300View attachment 536301View attachment 536302View attachment 536303

I like the last pic with Jedi Luke on the speeder bike. The rest of the pics are great too, but that's my favourite.

I like the last pic with Jedi Luke on the speeder bike. The rest of the pics are great too, but that's my favourite.
I very much appreciate the feedback! Yeah I gotta say, that one was extra fun. Almost didn’t include that one but I was so glad I went for it. The cloak makes it!

I very much appreciate the feedback! Yeah I gotta say, that one was extra fun. Almost didn’t include that one but I was so glad I went for it. The cloak makes it!
I have the standard Endor version of ROTJ Luke and I'm trying very hard to not get the Mando version. I keep trying to tell myself that putting the Endor camouflage on ROTJ Luke doesn't make it a different figure...

I have the standard Endor version of ROTJ Luke and I'm trying very hard to not get the Mando version. I keep trying to tell myself that putting the Endor camouflage on ROTJ Luke doesn't make it a different figure...
I have the Mando version on pre-order as well. I definitely feel like the ROTJ figures needed more gloved hands. But I’ll give them credit and say that the Mando Version is practically all new, minus the lightsaber. So I still think that’s a great incentive as long as you don’t think it’s overall too similar to justify.

I have the Mando version on pre-order as well. I definitely feel like the ROTJ figures needed more gloved hands. But I’ll give them credit and say that the Mando Version is practically all new, minus the lightsaber. So I still think that’s a great incentive as long as you don’t think it’s overall too similar to justify.
Despite my protestations now, I'm.99.99% gonna crumble when it comes out and will buy it.

Despite my protestations now, I'm.99.99% gonna crumble when it comes out and will buy it.
I know what you mean as I can feel similar about certain potential figures. And when you have such an iconic character, on top of that featured in an incredible scene, just makes it harder to contain yourself and your bank account lol.

By the way I reposted the link to my video, so please whoever is willing, check it out for more!

Just picked this figure back up after selling him a few years back. I'm very happy to have him back in my collection. I'm definitely thinking about taking off the fat suit this time.

Back