Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing the ROTJ Luke, I am more impressed and excited for the Mando version. The sculpt just looks a lot better IMO. And this is coming from someone with Jabba Luke and the Deluxe ROTJ set.

Seeing the ROTJ Luke, I am more impressed and excited for the Mando version. The sculpt just looks a lot better IMO. And this is coming from someone with Jabba Luke and the Deluxe ROTJ set.
How do you like the deluxe compared to the regular version? I own the regular version and love it, but I’ve also been eyeing a deluxe to add to my collection.

How do you like the deluxe compared to the regular version? I own the regular version and love it, but I’ve also been eyeing a deluxe to add to my collection.
I like it just as much, I got it for the options and especially the Endor accessories. I also have Bespin DX07, SS Rogue Group Snowspeeder Pilot and Hoth. Can really never have too many Lukes. ;)

I like it just as much, I got it for the options and especially the Endor accessories. I also have Bespin DX07, SS Rogue Group Snowspeeder Pilot and Hoth. Can really never have too many Lukes. ;)
Agreed! He’s my all time favorite character. Thinking about pulling the trigger on a the deluxe, it’s seems like a fair price as well.

Agreed! He’s my all time favorite character. Thinking about pulling the trigger on a the deluxe, it’s seems like a fair price as well.
I would pick up the deluxe version only if you don't mind having multiple Luke's in your collection. Since I'm only going to have one in my collection, the regular version is the one for me because of the head sculpt. I have owned both versions and I never cared for the two deluxe version head sculpts. Now my ideal ROTJ Luke would be the regular head sculpt on the deluxe version body.

I would pick up the deluxe version only if you don't mind having multiple Luke's in your collection. Since I'm only going to have one in my collection, the regular version is the one for me because of the head sculpt. I have owned both versions and I never cared for the two deluxe version head sculpts. Now my ideal ROTJ Luke would be the regular head sculpt on the deluxe version body.
That's a good point. I already pre-ordered the mando Luke so having 3 Luke's with somewhat similar outfits might be a little much. I really want the deluxe luke mostly for slimmer body, v2 lightsaber and the extra set of gloved hands. The swooping hair sculpt on the deluxe is really nice as well, but the regular version head sculpt is my favorite.

That's a good point. I already pre-ordered the mando Luke so having 3 Luke's with somewhat similar outfits might be a little much. I really want the deluxe luke mostly for slimmer body, v2 lightsaber and the extra set of gloved hands. The swooping hair sculpt on the deluxe is really nice as well, but the regular version head sculpt is my favorite.
Agreed the regular version is my favorite headsculpt so far released. The Deluxe headsculpts are good but not as good.

The regular head sculpt (looking forward) with the DX swooping hair looks the best to me, personally. I think the new Mando HS looks decent, but it looks more like the double than Luke.

I like it a lot. Here's a fresh shot:

HT-ROTJ-LUKE-032.jpg

I just like the options for display that the deluxe provides. That's not to say I don't like the first edition...I do! Also looking forward to the Mando version as well. As mentioned by others...can't have too many Lukes in the collection!

^^Nice shot, environment works perfectly.

As photographers, folks like you and I can always benefit from extra accessories even more so than those who collect and display only.

I'm hoping the Mando Luke face will be compatible with the hair from this figure, I'd like to get it, not just for the likeness but the posable eyes as well.

With the recent Disney Gallery special, I felt inspired to revisit this figure myself.

lV3f7fc.jpg

wStsxHF.jpg

Great shots! And yes, that Disney Gallery show indeed inspired me to pull this figure out again.

And as you say, it will be really great if that hairpiece can be swapped out with the ones from the earlier releases. It would really make that version of Luke, along with all the accessories and options from the previous releases, be the ultimate version of him. Fingers crossed!

I'm in the same boat. I had to have this figure back in my collection after watching the Disney Gallery show. Bought it like a day or two after watching it lol

I just recently sold my regular version and held on to the deluxe. Like many, I double dipped.lol However, with the release of the Mando Luke, one had to go.
yes. The lack of cloak sucks but I can overlook that because the suit is tailored so well on the deluxe. The deluxe is the one to grab in my opinion.

Tbh the Mando version looks less like Mark Hamill to me, and more like Mark Hamill as a hero version of himself. If that makes any sense. He's too attractive or something I dunno.

Back