Planet of the Apes PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it will be an Ape. I just wished I could have weaseled what species of Ape that the PF would be out of Mat. But I didn't want to push it. :rolleyes:

The first piece should not be a human. I'm sure we'll get a Charlton Heston as Taylor soon enough. The license is PLANET OF THE APES!

Apes first Please.

I've been pondering the question of who it will be for months now. Of course those who know me, I would love to see Zaius made first. He was the first regular edition Sideshow 12"er to sell out, so maybe they might start with him. My top pose choices for Zaius would be:
1- Zaius holding a human doll
2- Zaius holding the paper airplane
3- Zaius standing above the Doomsday device

Runner-up - Zaius tied to the tree stump. Yeah, I know not very dramatic, BUT iconic.

I would also like to see Cornelius and since he was one of the original PF announced, I think he would be high on the list. Having Roddy McDowall rendered in such a large scale would be a dream come true. Pose choices:

1- Cornelius reading from the 29th scroll, 6th Verse (would look great displayed with Zaius and Tree stump. PF :D)
2- Cornelius holding a map.

I really think that an impressive Ursus PF would do much to advance interest in the line... people who have only a passing interest in the series might bite. Take Darkness for example. Say what you will about the film Legend, that PF (also sculpted by Mat Falls :D) is just about the best PF EVER offered. A General Ursus PF posed yelling "Invade!" with fisted clenched would be a stunner. The only thing holding this one back is Ursus's seriously complicated costume. I don't know that Sideshow would want to go all out for this first Ape PF. Remember how Sideshow low balled that first Buffy PF (out of ALL the outfits she wore on the show, they had her sport a black leotard?) because they weren't sure of the interest? They might be thinking the same thing here.

But if not the general, perhaps a gorilla soldier posed with a gun over his head in triumph. Those 12" gorillas did sell well for them in the past... perhaps they will start with them.

I really hope that the PF will be expansive (there is so much I'd like to see)... but I've got to be realistic. Like the Buffy PF line, only a few choice is all that we can hope for.

As you can see I've given this alot of thought. :rolleyes:

I see you have put a lot of thought into this, PZ...but I think to jumpstart the ape line and to make it a success, the first ape would have to be General Ursus. I know his costume would be a nightmare to reconstruct, but simply put, he does evoke a lot of emotion. What other ape could possess such naked merciless power? I have always been a pacifist but for me the first ape needs to be the aggressor.

I don't think a plain gorilla soldier would make a stunning first release...unless he is on a horse and is holding a rifle, and that I just don't see happening.

I don't know why it matters so much what the first release is as long as the line is released and has a strong following. I wouldn't mind Taylor being the first, because I'll buy it. If nobody buys these then the line will go extinct again, so everyone making there voice heard in this thread has really gotta put some strong support behind this license. If they're all sculpted well I'd definitely buy the whole lot of them.

Last edited:
I hope Sideshow visits the Apes TV series some time in the near future. (No pun intended):rotfl

Dr. Zaius, Dr. Zaius! Ohhhh, Dr. Zauis!! (Sorry, I just got the "Simpsons" Apes musical in my head for some odd reason)

This looks great!

I thikn its awesome. ... very happy for the Apes fans ... Id collect too if I had the room ... alas I'll collect vicariously ... :monkey1

Back