Planet of the Apes PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way it's Taylor. At least I hope not - if it is, it's an easy pass for me, but a Cornelius or Gorilla Soldier is a must buy.

Speaking of which, real hair or sculpted hair in this scale?

No way it's Taylor. At least I hope not - if it is, it's an easy pass for me, but a Cornelius or Gorilla Soldier is a must buy.

I think I'd rather have the hair sculpted. No need to worry about how it comes out.

And I'm hoping for Cornelius or a Gorilla Soldier to be first.

I talked with Mat at SDCC this year and he told me then that there was a Ape PF in the pipeline. I just about lost it. His leak TOTALLY made SDCC for me this year. Mat Falls sculpting Apes again!!

Anyway, I asked then about the hair issue, since he told me in 2005 at SDCC that he originally wanted them to sport rooted hair. Well, he told this year that his opinion has changed about PF with rooted hair and that the Ape PF will have sculpted hair. :D

Last edited:
I talked with Mat at SDCC this year and he told me then that there was a Ape PF in the pipeline. I just about lost it. His leak TOTALLY made SDCC for me this year. Mat Falls sculpting Ape again!!

Anyway, I asked then about the hair issue, since he told me in 2005 at SDCC that he originally wanted them to sport rooted hair. Well, he told this year that his opinion has changed about PF with rooted hair and that the Ape PF will have sculpted hair. :D

:banana:banana:banana

PZ you've been holding out on us. You need to be spanked!!

Oh just great,with all the pre orders I have,now this one,I hope stays in the $40.00 price range,like the older ones.5x40= 200.00 :)

$40 price range?! For a Premium Format?! Please tell me where you're shopping!!!

Eric

I talked with Mat at SDCC this year and he told me then that there was a Ape PF in the pipeline. I just about lost it. His leak TOTALLY made SDCC for me this year. Mat Falls sculpting Ape again!!

That's a bummer. I'm sure they could do the rooted or glued hair, it would make the pieces unique.

That's a bummer. I'm sure they could do the rooted or glued hair, it would make the pieces unique.

Cheap bastards,how come DID can do on a $70.00 figure and SS can't on a "Premium Format" monkey.

Last edited:
Sorry but X-Files, Buffy, and LOTR havent been cancelled.

X-Files has/had three figures in the chute (confirmed by SST and Dean Haglund).

Buffy/Angel's last figures were recently ON SALE and still cannot be given away.

The LOTR announcement was a surprise.

Congrats! This is hope for all the cancelled lines! X-files, Buffy, LOTR...

I agree, can't pass up on Taylor or you just have a bunch of monkey statues.

The original 12" line choked on too many Taylors. It would be VERY ironic to start this line with a Taylor.

It should be an Ape. :D

To me, it rivals the feeling of hearing Hasbro was reviving GI Joe in the 80's. Then they came out with those little 3.75" plastic bastards.
Why, oh why, do the gods have to toy with us so?
Simply put:

WRONG DAMN SIZE!!

Sorry, Ironman... I just knew you wouldn't be happy about the announcement. You are quite the one-sixth warrior. :rock

But as you know I've been burning for these PF's even before they were called "PFs". The "quarter scale" statues of Zaius and Cornelius were mentioned in a Sideshow's February 2004 newsletter. Ever since then I've asked Sideshow at every turn what happened to these planned figures.

You know I love the 12"ers. I have multiples of every one offered... though my gorilla garrison is sadly lacking. :monkey2 But I'm an Ape collector first and formost. I also have the all of the Medicom Vinyl Ape figures and Kubrick Apes figures. I have all of the Hasbro abominations. And of course my fair share of Megos.

I just want the most bad ass Ape that anybody can make... in any size. And I'm hoping that Sideshow will knock it out of the park. :clap

The first piece should not be a human. I'm sure we'll get a Charlton Heston as Taylor soon enough. The license is PLANET OF THE APES!

Apes first Please.

Back