Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original movies were 5. Planet of, Beneath, Conquest, Escape and Battle for. When I was a kid in the town where I lived, Laramie, Wyoming there was a theater near the park. They did a special weekend showing of all 5 movies two days in a row. Both Saturday and Sunday starting at 8:am. I went both days. It was epic fun for a 12 year old. I love those movies. I’ve got a special box set of all 5 on Blu-ray. The new movies don’t stack up against the old ones for me. I prefer the apes dressed like humans with human characteristics over a bunch of chimp looking characters. They’re okay but not like the originals.
I love both. I’ll never forget how much of a punch in the gut Escape’s ending was for our two Fav Apes.

Only thing I don’t love is that Tim Burton monstrosity.

Planet of the Apes is one of the greats in Sci-Fi. That first movie was absolutely epic back in the day…there were some many great moments in the film, When he says the line “Get your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape!” and the apes stand in shock. The Statue of Liberty buried in the sand, The space ship sinking at the beginning of the film… as a kid they were so awesome to watch. I was 8 when the first one released and thirteen when the last one was. Seeing all 5 movies in a row at the theater as a kid… nothing was better than all day at the movies two days in a row!!!

Back