Planet of the Apes - movies and TV show General discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Planet of the Apes - TV series

Wow, Jessica I keep seeing your custom work, and it gets better, and better. Where have you been hiding? Nice job.

My second home is the Save the Planet of the Apes megathread. That's where I am usually as I have nothing non-ape related to share.

Re: Planet of the Apes EFTPOTA

Funny, those outfits can also be seen in the Cantina scene in Star Wars. :naughty

Here is a screenshot (just ignore that photoshopped chick that doesn't belong--I don't remember her name).
2437695704_8e441bd404.jpg

Re: Planet of the Apes EFTPOTA

Here is a screenshot (just ignore that photoshopped chick that doesn't belong--I don't remember her name).
2437695704_8e441bd404.jpg

That shot is from the Star Wars Holiday Special, not the first film. Also, from the special you can see a creature wearing Ursus/Urko gauntlets.

The astronaut suits used in Escape appear in the film version of the cantina scene. I will try and find it and post it this week. I'm also told that the suits were also used in an "Our Man Flint" movie which may have pre-dated it's appearance in Escape.

Well enjoy because it's a great Saga.

ProtoZauis and Jessica, thank you for showing that picture. I never saw it before. That woman does ruin it though, she surely looks like she doesn't belong there, lol.

I remeber the spacesuits in the film, now. Just as Luke walks in and quickly looks around. I never knew that those were the exact suits used in the POTA film. Thanks for that factoid. :D

Re: Planet of the Apes POTA talk

Can there be a single thread for all this Ape talk, I'm losing my mind jumping all over the place. I need a happy home!!!!

Re: Planet of the Apes BTPOTA talk

The gorillas and their mighty General really carry this film. I wish they spent more time in Ape city. I loved the idea of the Mutant's god. Are we so different? Scary huh?

Does anyone now the differences in budget between this film and the first one? I did like how they did NYC buried. I wonder how long that all took to make.

Re: Planet of the Apes - Cornelius

I think it cool that Roddy liked being Cornelius so much that he used to drive home in full costume to check out the reactions from all the teenagers hanging out at the malt shops. That would've been so cool to see in person.

Re: Planet of the Apes - the remake

Is there any real news on this? Interesting......

Re: Planet of the Apes - Cornelius

Give these guys their own section!

They deserve it and if Indy has one so should ehe ape FrEaKs!:duff

Re: Planet of the Apes BFTPOTA

I didn't care for this film nearly as much as the first four. I don't know what happened here. I love how they used yellow school buses. Thirty years ago I swore that those things would still be used after the trun of the century, but look.... We still use fossil fuels. Thanks Ford, Chrysler, GMAC, Dodge, Way to go.

Re: Planet of the Apes COTPOTA

Personally, this is my favorite of the Ape films. I really like the Slave/master reverse role effect. Seeing angry gorillas in Red jumpsuits using flame-throwers on their past captors is chilling!

Did you get to see the uncut bloodier Conquest when they showed it for the first time on the Channel of the Apes last Thanksgiving weekend?

I haven't I heard that it's been restored and can't wait. I wonder if they ever showed that on TV when it was first released and then did away with it, or did they change it before it hit theaters? There are some scenes I remember that seem to be gone now. I don't know if it was my overactive imagination as a kid or what but I remember more form these films.

I was suprised that they had already adopted the style of clothing that we see in the far future in the first two movies. I guess the apes weren't very fashion conscious, they sure stuck with that style for a looooooong time.

The new UNCUT version is incredible. It feels like a real riot is taking palce... with apes against humans. Chilling is right!

Remember that the budgets kept getting slimmer for each successive movie.

Also, I love the original style of clothing. It's classic and timeless.

What with merging all of the threads together, this thread's line of discussion doesn't make sense. It's all over the map. :confused:

Back