Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

My Cannibal Jack came in today. It was a good news bad news package. The good news is that my Cannibal Jack came in today. Did I just say that already? Good, because I got two of them. I'm thinking they were supposed to send me Will Turner as well. So the bad news is no Will and alot of stuffing around returning the second Jack.

Just got it so I can't really say much at this stage, other than his hat is a complete pain to fit, it'll sit there but it doesn't look good, but the expression is priceless.

My Cannibal Jack came in today. It was a good news bad news package. The good news is that my Cannibal Jack came in today. Did I just say that already? Good, because I got two of them. I'm thinking they were supposed to send me Will Turner as well. So the bad news is no Will and alot of stuffing around returning the second Jack.

Just got it so I can't really say much at this stage, other than his hat is a complete pain to fit, it'll sit there but it doesn't look good, but the expression is priceless.

If you look at the sculpted shapes on the inside of the hat and match them with the hairforms, make sure the front rim is furthest forward then a firm push and I found it sits well and stays on fine.
But I agree it took me some futzing before I realise this was the best approach.

Just to put out there it is kind of weird that every single release of a Davy Jones figure that has been put out from Zizzle to Hot Toys has come with a walking cane though at no time in the movies he ever used one. It does looks pretty cool though with him.:D

LOL! That is SO true. I'm glad you brought that up, even though it is going to bother me, now. My NECA Davy has to have his cane to even stand up.

Hot Toys Davy Jones can stand just fine without his cane, so you guys don't have to worry bout that

Just ordered Davy and the 2 Jacks,Will and Elizabeth can wait,gets too much at once,about 1000$:banghead

these guys are b-e-a UTIFUL! hot toys is definatley going to dominate the world at this rate. all the characters they could make? from all the different licenses? man. alls i can say is time to get very selective and pace people PACE! lol

Just Pm`d you about your Rambo horse:D

*sob* I had to ring Sideshow last night and cancel my order for Cannibal Jack. I thought I could just get away with canceling both of my Shaun of the dead figures, to help ease matters, but now. Financially I'm up **** creak for the foreseeable future, so it was 'bye-bye' Jackie boy unfortunately.

Oh well, if things ever pick up for me, maybe I'll snag one somewhere along the lines on eBay. :(

*sob* I had to ring Sideshow last night and cancel my order for Cannibal Jack. I thought I could just get away with canceling both of my Shaun of the dead figures, to help ease matters, but now. Financially I'm up **** creak for the foreseeable future, so it was 'bye-bye' Jackie boy unfortunately.

Oh well, if things ever pick up for me, maybe I'll snag one somewhere along the lines on eBay. :(

NOOOO SUE! Make me something cool and I'll buy yeah what you need. I love your work.. You scratch my back. I scratch your's. hehe

Anyway, sorry to hear about the cancellation. I am going nuts waiting for this damn figure. I wonder if anyone knows how excited I am for this figure?

I made a sonnet. *ahem* Goes a little something like this...

Really disappointing to hear about the cancelations. Hopefully Sue, King and others will be able to pick these up down the road.

Meanwhile, the wait is killing me. So close now...so close...

A little appetizer to get started.

1.jpg

Beautiful as always, Sean.

I do like that Will, despite his faults. But I hope my patience in holding out for a DMC Will Turner will be rewarded...

Got mine today as well. He's the best looking one of the three so far. Still not sure HT is OMG great but this one at least looks like how it should have.

I also got a $30 SS gift card that led me to buy a Giles Figure so I can make a professor Indy.

Will is probably the most faulted figure in the line, but he's still a great addition and his quality is everything you come to expect from HT. I'll go further on my thoughts after.

Will is probably the most faulted figure in the line, but he's still a great addition and his quality is everything you come to expect from HT. I'll go further on my thoughts after.

My only real issue with him is his "opposite-MediWorld" height differential.

Back